2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nah, just says that she wasn't the HC that recruited them.
I’m guessing she definitely recruited Campbell and possibly Hayes while she was an assisstant. Not huge losses based on their stats though.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing she definitely recruited Campbell and possibly Hayes while she was an assisstant. Not huge losses based on their stats though.
That's why I said HC.
They expected to play for MM. These change-of-coach transfers are more and more common.

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As a Pennsylvanian, would love to see Campbell choose a PA school. Pitt would be my first choice, but Penn State is on a better trajectory and I do like Kieger.

I could see Alli playing for Penn State under Kieger. Maddie Burke, who played with Alli for the Philly Belles, has done very well at PSU and I think AC could thrive in that system, as well.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

That's why I said HC.
They expected to play for MM. These change-of-coach transfers are more and more common.

Alli Campbell attended "Nielefest" when she was young and was an early commiit. She most certainly was drawn to Muffet, who took most of the visits to Pa. When MM retired, Alli gave a "I'm still in...." for now kind of comment.
I think the change from the modified Princeton offense that MM favored to the ISO's and sets that Niele uses didn't play to the same strength's that MM saw in her. ND next steps: Sonia Citron is comng next year and she's a taller version of AC, plus is very tight with Miles.

Amirah was a find by Beth Morgan Cunningham, who took over recruiting the year Niele was in the NBA. Based on that -- and the fact that Duke has a need for some players themselves -- I wouldn't be surprised to see a match there, particularly given the ACC ruling on easing transfer rules. On the other hand, Maya Dodson and Amirah went to the same HS and I was hoping there could be a mentor-type situation. Nope. ND next steps: Nat Marshall comes off the injury list to play a year with Maya Dodson, then takes over full-time in 2022.

Alasia Hayes got the message loud and clear when Olivia Miles took all of her PT upon arrival from high school. This was fait accompli when she bowed out of the season a few weeks ago. ND Next Steps: Big duh here. This is Miles ship and Ivey will rise as high or low as Miles takes her (along with that great ballast tank known as Maddy Westbeld.)

Along with Mik Vaughn going pro and Destinee Walker moving on, this clears out the roster a bit, which was congested. Not sure this is the way one wants to do it, but -- as Vowelguy says -- these kinds of coaching transfers seem to take place.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what are the odds Hayes ends up at MTSU?
I would say it's likely she does. The family connections to the school are deep and they are from the area. Her oldest sister was asked not to come back to UT but has been gangbusters at MTSU. Not sure why one wound up at ND but the Golden Dome has some attractive features.

Hopefully all of these young women find a place where they are happy and productive.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Jade Loville has entered to portal out of Boise State. Not a great three-point shooter, but a solid all-around player. Was ranked #72 by espnW in 2018.

That makes me kind of sad for BSU.

Although...maybe UW can get the coaching situation squared away and Loville might want to return close to home. One can hope.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
As a Pennsylvanian, would love to see Campbell choose a PA school. Pitt would be my first choice, but Penn State is on a better trajectory and I do like Kieger.

Penn State seems like an obvious choice given that she grew up nearby.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Also says they didn’t see much playing time

And the first two players Niele signed were Miles and Citron who play the same positions as Hayes and Campbell.

Campbell got almost zero opportunity after the first two games. It was almost shocking how little she got to play. I've legit seen walk-ons get substantially more run.

ND was trying to recruit Clark while Hayes had already committed so being recruited over should not have been a shock. But I can see how the degree to which Miles immediately (and rightfully, imo) got more opportunities than Hayes ever had might have upset her.

Abdur-Rahim is the one that mildly surprised me because she was always going to be a project that would play little her first couple years.

Reaction Score
And the first two players Niele signed were Miles and Citron who play the same positions as Hayes and Campbell.

Campbell got almost zero opportunity after the first two games. It was almost shocking how little she got to play. I've legit seen walk-ons get substantially more run.

ND was trying to recruit Clark while Hayes had already committed so being recruited over should not have been a shock. But I can see how the degree to which Miles immediately (and rightfully, imo) got more opportunities than Hayes ever had might have upset her.

Abdur-Rahim is the one that mildly surprised me because she was always going to be a project that would play little her first couple years.
Not surprising. Each of these young ladies largely sat the bench, and it’s not like the 20-21 Irish squad was performing so well on the court that some game time would have hurt.

Reaction Score
Huge loss for Seton Hall:

To be fair though, if not for the covid waiver, she wouldve been done this year?

I would classify these grad transfers in some different category -- They gave 4 years to their original school and then were given an extra year at basically the last minute, and they're using it to get an extra year of BB and a free year towards a grad degree elsewhere.

Reaction Score
To be fair though, if not for the covid waiver, she wouldve been done this year?

I would classify these grad transfers in some different category -- They gave 4 years to their original school and then were given an extra year at basically the last minute, and they're using it to get an extra year of BB and a free year towards a grad degree elsewhere.

She played at Syracuse too so Seton Hall was not her original school, but I get your point.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Continuing the family theme today : any relation here ?

I’d love to see her in the Big East so she and Anna could play against one another!

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that LSU player Awa Trasi has entered the portal. Averaged 7.7 points and 4 rebounds a game.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

I heard that earlier today. Also 1-2 more supposedly have requested as well, not sure if they are officially in the portal yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom