2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
When I opened Sasha Goforth's tweet announcing she was transferring, I noticed that it was "liked" by teammate, Taylor Jones; didn't think that was a big deal. When I navigated to Taylor Jones' twitter, I saw that she just started following Arkansas' Destiny Slocum on twitter, and vice verse. Jones is from the DFW area.
NO, no, no...that would be a blow to OSU. Even if Brown is healthy, Jones was very good this year. That's good intel even if I don't like it. Thanks and good luck tonight. I am reluctant to root for you as every time I sell Vic short, he ruins my predictions so...I hope SC blows out Texas....:rolleyes:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not unusual they were once teammates.
The timing of the follow struck me as odd; although Taylor indicates her old twitter account had been hacked. Maybe it was nothing more than a re-follow.

Reaction Score
...and still can't actually coach the game itself one bit...How many games did she cost her team? Also, is Austin declaring for the WNBA? That will determine if Ole Miss actually sustains this years emotion more than any transfer....
Austin's not eligible for the draft. ESPN and other sites had her in their mock drafts earlier this season but took her out after figuring out her birthday I guess.

Reaction Score
I was surprised she committed to Oregon St. to begin with. With her athleticism and speed going to Scott Rueck's slower and set driven offense seemed like an odd fit. Just my opinion.
This is so true

Reaction Score
The timing of the follow struck me as odd; although Taylor indicates her old twitter account had been hacked. Maybe it was nothing more than a re-follow.
Damn Southie, Great find. Keep us posted if you see but more but it is sure interesting if Jones at OSU follows too. Then there may be more than just homesickness in the mix

Reaction Score
quiet puppet GIF by Super Simple

Let's let SC figure this out on their own

Dawn recruited her hard and personally protested her being left out of McD AA game so I think she knows.

Not an obvious fit for the roster beyond that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Aja Boyd is Jada Boyd's (NC State) big sister. Missed the season with an injury.... I think she can help someone in a higher level conference than the SOCON.

High Point is 43 miles away from the very distinctive Pilot Mountain, home of Ms. Sutphin. Fam could certainly come down and see her.

Wake Forest is almost exactly half that distance -- 21+ miles -- from Pilot Mountain. If she wants to take one more crack at the ACC, the conference just passed the immediate eligibility rule. Plus, Ms. Raca is (finally) graduating, so there's a need for a big. Wonder if Jen Hoover and WF bigs coach Melissa D'Amico will take a drive up Rte. 52 to see Ms. Sutphin.

(I remember all this Pilot Mountain stuff with Ms. Sutphin because just about the time I first read about her, I was driving down to see my son at Wake Forest University and would drive by said Mountain.)

Hmm...switchng from Memphis to Winston Salem, I have to check my notes for my son's favorite BBQ places! ? ;)

Not sure if your son ever went to Bibb's downtown... but they closed up in December. New ownership is supposed to take place and keep the same concept.

Maybe @triaddukefan could offer up some choices in the Triad. :)

Most of the time when i want BBQ in Greensboro... I head over to Stamey's... sometimes Smithfield BBQ and Chicken. A couple of months ago I finally stopped by the World Famous Lexington BBQ...... and almost ate myself into oblivion. :oops: Now that you got me thinking of BBQ..there is a new BBQ place that opened up on Lawndale.. City BBQ..... looking at the menu now. They have brisket.. nashville hot chicken... turkey, ribs, pulled pork.. sausage, and more..... with an onsite smoker and they only smoke with hickory wood. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I think I might check them out in a bit.... If you don't hear from me after tonight................... well :oops:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It’s gonna be interesting to see how or teams like Baylor, UCONN, Louisville, SC, Texas and the remaining teams use it if they choose.

Let’s be real, if you want to win a natty, there are only a select crop of programs capable of doing it. I feel some of the big fish will be waiting it out till the season ends to see what their options are
Unless Zion Williamson enters the portal, we are good.

Reaction Score
Unless Zion Williamson enters the portal, we are good.
I stated in a comment after that teams like Stanford, SC and UCONN are so stacked that I highly doubt they go near a transfer unless they are AA caliber player. UCONN will have three #1 recruits on their roster next year

Baylor though, considering how small their recruiting classes have been in recent years are more likely to use it. I could see Louisville potentially as well. Walz will find a way to make room to improve his team, he does it all the time

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Damn Southie, Great find. Keep us posted if you see but more but it is sure interesting if Jones at OSU follows too. Then there may be more than just homesickness in the mix
Well, to be clear, it might mean absolutely nothing. Just something I stumbled on moving fom Sasha's twitter page to Taylor's.

Taylor Jones was someone who many Texas fans were familiar with as she and her Dad were always tweeting photos of their unofficial visits to Texas football games and basketball games; her Dad is a Texas A&M graduate, and would even jokingly "apologize" to the Aggie twitter fan base about being on the Texas campus so much. I don't think she ever considered A&M ( I could be wrong), but she did make numerous trips to Baylor, IIRC.

Not sure what happened after that (her sophomore and junior seasons). The next thing we know she releases a final 3 of Florida State, UCLA, and Oregon State. Some felt that signing Charli Collier and Sedona Prince in the prior class might have hurt Texas' chances. I personally felt she would stay close to her Dallas home due to her mother's illness. But, seemed like she fell in love with OSU.

Seems like a good kid who's dealt with so much with her mom's passing. So, if she's happy at OSU, that's what matters in the end.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I dont expect Baylor to this year unless a big name falls in their lap with the other transfers on board for next season. Post game is set with Queen, Gusters, Smith and their new recruit. UCONN/SC I don't see either unless they lose big names after this season. Stanford is its own unique situation since no one really transfers in or out and they always have a full 15 woman roster.

Id look for Maryland, Tennessee, and Texas to hit the portal. Louisville too since trader Jeff is always swapping players in and out. Maybe Oregon too since they're in need of more athleticism.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I dont expect Baylor to this year unless a big name falls in their lap with the other transfers on board for next season. Post game is set with Queen, Gusters, Smith and their new recruit. UCONN/SC I don't see either unless they lose big names after this season. Stanford is its own unique situation since no one really transfers in or out and they always have a full 15 woman roster.

Id look for Maryland, Tennessee, and Texas to hit the portal. Louisville too since trader Jeff is always swapping players in and out. Maybe Oregon too since they're in need of more athleticism.
I think Texas A&M, Kentucky, and Louisville have mastered the transfer portal; but, others aren't far behind.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I stated in a comment after that teams like Stanford, SC and UCONN are so stacked that I highly doubt they go near a transfer unless they are AA caliber player. UCONN will have three #1 recruits on their roster next year

Baylor though, considering how small their recruiting classes have been in recent years are more likely to use it. I could see Louisville potentially as well. Walz will find a way to make room to improve his team, he does it all the time
Baylor added Texas Tech transfer guard, Chrislyn Carr in January. But, they probably still have room for another. Mulkey signed a class of one for 2021 as she supposedly plans on signing a large class for 2022. So, I can see them adding grad-transfers who will play just one season and move on; of course, maybe the plan for a large 2022 class has changed as I don't believe they have a single verbal commitment as of yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor added Texas Tech transfer guard, Chrislyn Carr in January. But, they probably still have room for another. Mulkey signed a class of one for 2021 as she supposedly plans on signing a large class for 2022. So, I can them adding grad-transfers who will play just one season and move on; of course, maybe the plan for a large 2022 class has changed as I don't believe they have a single verbal commitment as of yet.
I think Baylor plans to add the top recruit/s from Desoto (S. Smith for their 22 class and maybe Grace Vanslooten) to replace Smith and Egbo for the following year. They add Dauda who I expect to be great but it wouldn’t shock me if they add a young post transfer (if good) in preparation for Smith and Egbo leaving which will be big losses. Strategically I’m sure they are looking down the road. I think Baylor’s guards will be much better offensively next year shooting the ball compared to this years team with those transfers. Too soon to be able to predict what happens. I think next years team is pretty set unless a top tier transfer is available

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think Texas A&M, Kentucky, and Louisville have mastered the transfer portal; but, others aren't far behind.
Might want to check the side-view mirrors for Maryland, which had zounds of inbound and outbound transfers to a seemingly positive effect (until Vic's voodoo freaked them out). Syracuse has had a mass exodus this week, but expect that tide to change the other way.

Truth be told, outside of Stanford (inbound), most of the schools that get discussed on the board are getting up to speed on the portal, like it or not.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Taylor Jones at Arkansas would be a major development.
If you think about it, that would be completely nonsensical. Osahor had a nice career at Washington, but she was a very unusual player w/ a unique skill set. Other than that, Neighbors has done bupkis w/ post players at both Washington and Arkansas. Jones would have to be crazy to want to play for him.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Might want to check the side-view mirrors for Maryland, which had zounds of inbound and outbound transfers to a seemingly positive effect (until Vic's voodoo freaked them out). Syracuse has had a mass exodus this week, but expect that tide to change the other way.

Truth be told, outside of Stanford (inbound), most of the schools that get discussed on the board are getting up to speed on the portal, like it or not.
Well, I'm kind of talking about incoming transfers for the 2020-21 season and beforehand. I guess Maryland has had a lot, too. Didn't the exodus just start with Syracuse this off season?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't condone "stealing", but "poaching" seems to be the norm now . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom