2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
High Point is 43 miles away from the very distinctive Pilot Mountain, home of Ms. Sutphin. Fam could certainly come down and see her.

Wake Forest is almost exactly half that distance -- 21+ miles -- from Pilot Mountain. If she wants to take one more crack at the ACC, the conference just passed the immediate eligibility rule. Plus, Ms. Raca is (finally) graduating, so there's a need for a big. Wonder if Jen Hoover and WF bigs coach Melissa D'Amico will take a drive up Rte. 52 to see Ms. Sutphin.

(I remember all this Pilot Mountain stuff with Ms. Sutphin because just about the time I first read about her, I was driving down to see my son at Wake Forest University and would drive by said Mountain.)

Hmm...switchng from Memphis to Winston Salem, I have to check my notes for my son's favorite BBQ places! ? ;)
Maybe @triaddukefan could offer up some choices in the Triad. :)

Reaction Score
Btw I am now hearing Young is interested in Michigan

She has a lot of potential but our offense didn’t fit with her capabilities
Her mom is a big fan of Coach Yo on twitter, but they might not want to risk an intra-conference transfer. I think the SEC still requires a sit-out.

Reaction Score
Her mom is a big fan of Coach Yo on twitter, but they might not want to risk an intra-conference transfer. I think the SEC still requires a sit-out.
It appears everyone is a Coach Yo fan. Everyone seems to love her. She’s very fiery, I could see it.

it will be interesting to see what happens

Reaction Score
Per this article, it says she chose Rutgers in part due to proximity to home after her dad passed away. Not a ton of high profile programs in the northeast besides UCONN and Maryland.

Her other finalists were South Carolina (which seems doubtful as a transfer destination considering how deep SC will be), Boston College and UVA. She'll be a massive pickup wherever she ends up.
A Johnson and Johnson back court could work, Diamond is a proven outside shooter, something South Carolina could use.

Reaction Score
Jerkaila Jordan has started following some Mississippi State accounts on social media, that would be a nice/needed addition for Nikki.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A Johnson and Johnson back court could work, Diamond is a proven outside shooter, something South Carolina could use.

Thanks for posting the article, which also cited BC and UVA as other schools that were considered on top of the ones previously mentioned.

I guess the question remains, "why did she leave?" (which we may never hear about publicly) and "what is she after in a program?" Rutgers made the NCAA her freshman year and while Arella Guirantes is onto the WNBA, Johnson and Zippy Broughton could've taken over more of the scoring load.

Or was that too risky? Does she want a chance to play with a proven, winning team? Then, SC looks like a good choice.
But if she likes the idea of challenge, heck she'd have that with both UVA and BC. A somewhat intriguing choice might be Penn State. Relatively close to Philly, Carolyn Kieger seems to be finding the piece for her up and down, let it fly attack, but she could use an orchestor. Maybe that's where Johnson comes in?

This will be an interesting choice to me...

Reaction Score
Jerkaila Jordan has started following some Mississippi State accounts on social media, that would be a nice/needed addition for Nikki.
Its a body, but we basically have Jessica Carter and Charlotte Kohl left at or taller than 6 ft. And we all know Carter can't play 40 mins every game.

Reaction Score
Its a body, but we basically have Jessica Carter and Charlotte Kohl left at or taller than 6 ft. And we all know Carter can't play 40 mins every game.
And Kohl is not an SEC-level player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
quiet puppet GIF by Super Simple

Let's let SC figure this out on their own

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So yeah, OSU just got that much worse.
Um, I don't know that I agree with that statement. Next year will be a full year with TvO and Greta Kampschroeder (6'0" guard) arrives and I suspect Goodman returns AND they will have 6'6" Kennedy Brown back. I have no idea about Aquino and if she'll ever play (@nwhoopfan or @Lorcan any thoughts?) but overall, I think Oregon State is actually in a very good situation next year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It appears everyone is a Coach Yo fan. Everyone seems to love her. She’s very fiery, I could see it.

it will be interesting to see what happens
...and still can't actually coach the game itself one bit...How many games did she cost her team? Also, is Austin declaring for the WNBA? That will determine if Ole Miss actually sustains this years emotion more than any transfer....

Reaction Score
...and still can't actually coach the game itself one bit...How many games did she cost her team? Also, is Austin declaring for the WNBA? That will determine if Ole Miss actually sustains this years emotion more than any transfer....
I mean I don't think she is some great coach but if she recruits well and her players play hard, thats a giant upgrade over anything Ole Miss has had in a while. we can criticize her coaching but what she has done at Ole Miss so far is promising, even with relying on Austin. They needed some type of help until they could get more talent in.

LSU got a win over Ole Miss from pure luck throwing up a 3 point shot last second but Ole Miss choked away game 1.

Reaction Score
Um, I don't know that I agree with that statement. Next year will be a full year with TvO and Greta Kampschroeder (6'0" guard) arrives and I suspect Goodman returns AND they will have 6'6" Kennedy Brown back. I have no idea about Aquino and if she'll ever play (@nwhoopfan or @Lorcan any thoughts?) but overall, I think Oregon State is actually in a very good situation next year.
I basically agree with this assessment, but I'm curious about who replaces Goodman and her productivity. Or is she coming back for a COVID year? She really seemed to be the straw that stirred the drink this year. Is that a role that TvO can step into? She (like Goforth) really looked terrific at times.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good grief. Maybe Washington should just fold their program. Losing the top 3 players on a team that was desperately short on talent to begin with. Unless they hit the jackpot w/ incoming transfers once the new coach is named, looking at a winless in conference campaign. Wynn needed to go, but now the transition is going to leave them in even worse shape than when she took over 4 years ago.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Losing Goforth certainly hurts, but I agree with you there is plenty to work with next year. Many OSU fans are hopeful Goodman will come back. I doubt the WNBA is in her future.

Reaction Score
And Kohl is not an SEC-level player.
Well, I forgot about Rickea, but I have a feeling she or Carter will be the last one to go. 5 players returning plus the 3 freshmen, all three freshmen will be guards under 5' 10". If NMP doesn't find some girls with size to at least give rest, we could put up an 0 fer in conference.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When I opened Sasha Goforth's tweet announcing she was transferring, I noticed that it was "liked" by teammate, Taylor Jones; didn't think that was a big deal. When I navigated to Taylor Jones' twitter, I saw that she just started following Arkansas' Destiny Slocum on twitter, and vice verse. Jones is from the DFW area.

Reaction Score
When I opened Sasha Goforth's tweet announcing she was transferring, I noticed that it was "liked: by teammate, Taylor Jones; didn't think that was a big deal. When I navigated to Taylor Jones' twitter, I saw that she just started following Arkansas' Destiny Slocum on twitter, and vice verse. Jones is from the DFW area.
Not unusual they were once teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog