2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I should add that Texas A&M was also in her final group. And College Station is also "closer to home" than Corvallis.

Will be interesting to see where she lands. Really have enjoyed watching her play at OSU.
So is Norman, Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
I really think she may start looking at the future after Smith and Queen. They'll have Hannah and Dauda but the depth will be so young.
IMO Dauda will play a lot year one. She needs to put on muscle but she is in great shape and I have a difficult time seeing a 6'5 girl who can stroke the 3 ball not getting time. She's legit and a really unique recruit.

I like Gusters but she honestly is 2-3 years type player to build. She needs to get in better shape. I don't see the Kalani Brown aspect other than she is a tall girl, I may be wrong. Andrews actually has a lot of promise after her performance at the end of the year. I just don't think she was ready to be a PG yet.

Reaction Score
So is Norman, Oklahoma.
Well, I mean, if we're playing the geography game ... you're absolutely correct. How long a list do you want to make? (every B12 team, every SEC team ...)

The Sooners currently don't have a coach, though. But maybe that's about to change.

The first college game her dad got to see was their NCAAT win over FSU. Anywhere family can make it to more regularly would perhaps fit the ball.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
IMO Dauda will play a lot year one. She needs to put on muscle but she is in great shape and I have a difficult time seeing a 6'5 girl who can stroke the 3 ball not getting time. She's legit and a really unique recruit.

I like Gusters but she honestly is 2-3 years type player to build. She needs to get in better shape. I don't see the Kalani Brown aspect other than she is a tall girl, I may be wrong. Andrews actually has a lot of promise after her performance at the end of the year. I just don't think she was ready to be a PG yet.
Speaking of Baylor transfers, where has PG Jaden Owens been this season? Thought she'd be getting more minutes than Andrews after transferring in from UCLA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of Baylor transfers, where as PG Jaden Owens been this season? Thought she'd be getting more minutes than Andrews after transferring in from UCLA.
Not sure to be honest. I thought Owens would be a major spark after seeing her have the impressive Iowa St game but was barely seen again since then. I heard she was struggling playing Kim's style of D without fouling. I honestly would have given her some more minutes but I'm not the coach or don't see what goes on in practice daily. She might end up playing a lot next year, she has a lot of potential. Just needs some experience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of Baylor transfers, where as PG Jaden Owens been this season? Thought she'd be getting more minutes than Andrews after transferring in from UCLA.
That was Kim's achilles heel. Not playing her back ups enough. Didi injury should not been that much of an impact. Especially on offense. She chose to play Didi and moon for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
That was Kim's achilles heel. Not playing her back ups enough. Didi injury should not been that much of an impact. Especially on offense. She chose to play Didi and moon for 40 minutes.
My only criticism of Kim this year (despite having an incredible season) was not truly working to develop some of her bench. I'm sure she has her reasons but she missed a big opportunity at times to not get kids more minutes and experience, especially in a lot of those blow outs. Only way you will get better is through experience.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Whoa, some of our Oregon St. fans are not going to be pleased. She averaged 11.6 ppg per game,

What qualifies as "closer to home?" Arkansas, itself? Texas A&M? Or maybe Texas now? Here's a fun, slightly out-of-the-box thought:
go slightly north to Iowa and join Caitlin Clark in the Hawkeye backcourt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taken literally, the ‘closer to home’ comment rules out anything more than 2,000 miles from Fayetteville.

Sorry, U Washington and University of Hawaii — you’re out of the running.
The fact that not a single coach followed her on twitter tells me that she likely designated in the transfer portal that she did not want to be contacted by coaches.

Plus, she is already liking ArkansasWBB tweets.

Goforth, Eaton, and Wolfenbarger would be a fun backcourt.

Reaction Score
The fact that not a single coach followed her on twitter tells me that she likely designated in the transfer portal that she did not want to be contacted by coaches.

Plus, she is already liking ArkansasWBB tweets.

Goforth, Eaton, and Wolfenbarger would be a fun backcourt.
I think she’s just liked the one tweet about Neighbors’ birthday (which was Monday). That might have meaning, but it’s also true that they have/had a really good relationship during the recruiting process. Her statement committing to OSU actually had a whole bit in it expressing thanks and appreciation to Neighbors (which, if you think about it is kind of unusual).

I dunno. Arkansas seems pretty logical, but Goforth is a very smart, thoughtful person. She might not be as predictable as it seems at first blush.

But ... your last statement is certainly true!

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jada Rice (grad transfer) and Elle Sutphin in the portal out of NC State. I believe Dontavia Waggoner is as well.

Jordan Hamilton (grad transfer) in the portal out of Northwestern.

Haley Van Dyke out of UWashington.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1376887925472952327

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1376890107425390597

Also, Tiara Young was added as I typed this..

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1376894030034919429

@SECbbfan24 now this one is a gut punch. But I understand

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Every time I glance at the transfer thread:

image1.gif

Reaction Score
Didn’t Sutphin reclassify from 2020? She got a few minutes last game for State and would likely be starting the year after next.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn’t Sutphin reclassify from 2020? She got a few minutes last game for State and would likely be starting the year after next.

Yes.. She did. I wonder if she stays in the southeast and if she drops down a level in terms of schools. She would look good in the purple and white. (high point)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yes.. She did. I wonder if she stays in the southeast and if she drops down a level in terms of schools. She would look good in the purple and white. (high point)

High Point is 43 miles away from the very distinctive Pilot Mountain, home of Ms. Sutphin. Fam could certainly come down and see her.

Wake Forest is almost exactly half that distance -- 21+ miles -- from Pilot Mountain. If she wants to take one more crack at the ACC, the conference just passed the immediate eligibility rule. Plus, Ms. Raca is (finally) graduating, so there's a need for a big. Wonder if Jen Hoover and WF bigs coach Melissa D'Amico will take a drive up Rte. 52 to see Ms. Sutphin.

(I remember all this Pilot Mountain stuff with Ms. Sutphin because just about the time I first read about her, I was driving down to see my son at Wake Forest University and would drive by said Mountain.)

Hmm...switchng from Memphis to Winston Salem, I have to check my notes for my son's favorite BBQ places! ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom