2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seemed like a great kid but Andrew’s probably had a brighter future then her. She will be a nice pick up for someone
I have a hunch that this means that Moon (or maybe Didi) is returning. I think Oliver may have been in line for decent minutes at an off guard position, but that would evaporate if the seniors returned. Wishful thinking perhaps, but Baylor should still be solid at guard next year.

Reaction Score
I have a hunch that this means that Moon (or maybe Didi) is returning. I think Oliver may have been in line for decent minutes at an off guard position, but that would evaporate if the seniors returned. Wishful thinking perhaps, but Baylor should still be solid at guard next year.
Baylor will be fine. Truthfully Baylor needs an off guard who can knock down the 3 ball. Will make life easier for Egbo and Smith. I’m excited about Dauda.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

It was just a matter of time. Mulkey kept recruiting over her the last couple of years with so many incoming transfer guards. Adding Chrislyn Carr in January was probably the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

This also might be a new trend from schools whose coaches mine the transfer portal with frequency - their own recruits leave. If it becomes a solid trend, it might start dimming their ability to recruit HS kids - 'oh, I wouldn't commit there, you'll get tossed aside within a year or two.'

Again I'll say - the numbers this year are astonishing, but one third of them are grad transfers and most of those would not have been eligible for another year of scholarship without covid.

Reaction Score
Georgia folks are saying Koi is in contact with some of the current players

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They are talking about this on the radio now... the host says its over 1,700 and growing on the Men's side. 3 ACC schools have 6 players each in the portal... one has 5. The Wild Wild West indeed. Speculating that there will be at least 300 players without a team to play on in the fall.

Reaction Score
They are talking about this on the radio now... the host says its over 1,700 and growing on the Men's side. 3 ACC schools have 6 players each in the portal... one has 5. The Wild Wild West indeed. Speculating that there will be at least 300 players without a team to play on in the fall.

2rxoxu.jpg

Reaction Score
What were stats at OSU? Did she earn PAC 12 All-Freshmen honors?
Yes - 11.6 PPG and 42 FG%. A streaky three point shooter, very good off the bounce. She’s a very good defender, but Arkansas doesn’t play a lot of defense.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Agree that the Karissa McLaughlin to Marquette transfer is a good one; mutually beneficial for both sides. Megan Duffy's offense could use some long-range shooters and her 2021 class doesn't seem to have that (one is coming in 2022). McLaughlin will get PT and a coach who I think will be on the same wave length. Good match.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I always thought her opting out for COVID precautions mid-season was odd and unlikely to be the full story. Wish her well; Indiana will be very good next year.

I agree with you but am still scratching my head, at least from a basketball perspective. She was a longtime starter and was probably a guaranteed starter again in 2021-22, whether Ali Patberg came back for a mind-blowing 7th year or not. Penn, Ali Patberg and Grace Berger would've been a very tough backcourt. And if Ali P. moves on, Penn and Berger could've worked together, perhaps with Cardano-Hilary.

Dani Patterson also opted out for a COVID precaution at the end of the year. I wonder if she'll come back or move onto her third school. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom