2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Remember when people said that when McCray leaves MSU, it's going to be to Tennessee to be the next Pat Summitt?

What can I say, girl has a plan.

Reaction Score
Yea this makes no sense to me. She had an AA caliber season, was one of the best Freshman in the country Shot 51% overall, 45% from deep and 90% from the charity stripe. Rutgers made the tournament and the # 1 offensive option Guirantes is likely moving on to the WNBA. I guess that old adage applies: "some people can be unhappy anywhere".
That’s probably the reasons she’s leaving, who would help her win at Rutgers? With out Guirantes Johnson will have to do everything for the team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, is Cardoso gonna stick around on the sinking ship at Cuse? What in the world is going on? They are gonna go from a team w/ talent that underachieved, to barely even having a team left.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Who said this? They need to be evaluated

Lots of Mississippi State fans thought she was going to leave MSU to go to Tennessee. I saw it on this board as well. :)

With Madison leaving, 85% of the board is against her now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think so of the transfer are due to future playing time, the class Q has coming in can easily take playing time away from some of the other players that hit the portal.
Lewis and Engstler are big losses though. That's a huge number of transfers, even in this crazy year.

Reaction Score
Well over half of our roster is in the portal
Think about it this way, considering how large and the massive amounts of talent in the portal is, there is the potential to upgrade

unless you’re LSU, you fall back on JUCOs or benchwarmers from bottom tier teams in P5 conferences. As long as they play defense, the coach doesn’t care about anything else

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like Diamond DeShields was right -the portal is poppin. This might not be a good thing for the players in this sense; coaches were already going to have to decide which returning seniors they would offer a scholarship to because of COVID. I could easily see a scenario where marginal players in the portal are left without a scholarship. I'm not picking on her, just using her as an example Lexi Gordon: Is Lexi Gordon going to get a scholarship offer better than Texas Tech? Is anyone keep track of the best players in the portal?
Diamond Johnson
Madison Hayes
Kayana Traylor

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Coach Q happened
He's been there since 06-07. He didn't just happen, he's been happening for a long time. Most of these players have played for him for at least 2 or 3 years. There must be a story there, although we might not ever hear it.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
We're gonna see crazy things next year in Women's Basketball with all these transfers. I expect some teams that have 8-14 records and non traditional powers to make the Sweet Sixteen.

All these transfers could literally go anywhere and spread the wealth, and instantly make lots of hapless teams contenders.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Diamond DeShields was right -the portal is poppin. This might not be a good thing for the players in this sense; coaches were already going to have to decide which returning seniors they would offer a scholarship to because of COVID. I could easily see a scenario where marginal players in the portal are left without a scholarship. I'm not picking on her, just using her as an example Lexi Gordon: Is Lexi Gordon going to get a scholarship offer better than Texas Tech?
I'm sticking with my musical chairs comparison.

It's certainly going to be an interesting off season. Players may not be able to do visitations either, so their decision making process could be limited.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We're gonna see crazy things next year in Women's Basketball with all these transfers. I expect some teams that have 8-14 records and non traditional powers to make the Sweet Sixteen.

All these transfers could literally go anywhere and spread the wealth, and instantly make lots of hapless teams contenders.
I think we'll also see some coaches have more of a knack for blending a bunch of new players together than others do.

Reaction Score
Think about it this way, considering how large and the massive amounts of talent in the portal is, there is the potential to upgrade

unless you’re LSU, you fall back on JUCOs or benchwarmers from bottom tier teams in P5 conferences. As long as they play defense, the coach doesn’t care about anything else
LSU lost O'Neal as well. Another player who was not gonna play... I don't see how they can't dig in the portal and get some talent.

Fargas may not be on my good side lately. But.. she can possibly make up a pitch. Being we always in the middle of the pact in the conference.

I do agree. The Juco route definitely did not do us any honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom