2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 172 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Have a feeling Boston will sadly end up going to Notre Dame. Not to mention her old high school teammate is a incoming freshman. Just went on the ND measage board with pics and she looked very happy posing with Sam Brunelle and others.. and check out Sam’s Twitter. I said all along muffet will close it out with the selling points regarding there National title with all those injuries, and use the effect of being the next dominant program. I have a feeling they will land Boston, Buckners and Fudd. I think UCONN’s dominance sadly is coming to a end and uconns recruiting is going to take a hit. Last year UCONN had no commitents till the very end. I think players no longer want to go to UCONN with all the demands the program expects every day. I’m sure I will get flack for it but my gut feeling is usually right. UCONN has to land a top center and foward or it could be a downfall ... hopefully Geno can seal the deal on the next 2 recruiting classes.. the most pivotal in uconn’s program in several years. Notre Dame has the momentum and they will end up scoring big!!
Lol

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have a feeling Boston will sadly end up going to Notre Dame. Not to mention her old high school teammate is a incoming freshman. Just went on the ND measage board with pics and she looked very happy posing with Sam Brunelle and others.. and check out Sam’s Twitter. I said all along muffet will close it out with the selling points regarding there National title with all those injuries, and use the effect of being the next dominant program. I have a feeling they will land Boston, Buckners and Fudd. I think UCONN’s dominance sadly is coming to a end and uconns recruiting is going to take a hit. Last year UCONN had no commitents till the very end. I think players no longer want to go to UCONN with all the demands the program expects every day. I’m sure I will get flack for it but my gut feeling is usually right. UCONN has to land a top center and foward or it could be a downfall ... hopefully Geno can seal the deal on the next 2 recruiting classes.. the most pivotal in uconn’s program in several years. Notre Dame has the momentum and they will end up scoring big!!
N.D. won their 2nd championship in 18 years and got Brunelle, who is really about a #10 recruit and wanted UConn over N.D. until the offer was rescinded. I think it's way too early to say there is a negative trend. Let's see where we are when the early signing period ends. It's about 12 weeks away.

Reaction Score
N.D. won their 2nd championship in 18 years and got Brunelle, who is really about a #10 recruit and wanted UConn over N.D. until the offer was rescinded. I think it's way too early to say there is a negative trend. Let's see where we are when the early signing period ends. It's about 12 weeks away.
If she wanted UCONN why wouldn’t Geno take her? At one point she was #1. She is still a top 5 player. Doesn’t make sense .. why would Geno pass on her if she really wanted UCONN??

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think you can make too big of a deal about 1 Championship. Notre Dame was recruiting just fine before winning in '18. I know they have history but Tennessee hasn't won a Title (or even been to the Final 4) since '08, but they keep recruiting about as well as anybody. Seriously, how long before the legacy of what Tennessee used to be is no longer relevant to up and coming prospects? Texas has been killing it lately without particularly impressive results in the post season. There's something else other than winning Championships or making regular deep runs in the Tourney that is influencing many recruits.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If she wanted UCONN why wouldn’t Geno take her? At one point she was #1. She is still a top 5 player. Doesn’t make sense .. why would Geno pass on her if she really wanted UCONN??
Aliyah is a thorough person. She wants to make all her official visits with her parents, who live in the V.I.

Geno hasn't passed on her at all. Aliyah wants to take her time. Lots of kids don't decide/announce until the early signing period. We got Meg, Christyn, and Olivia in November.

Reaction Score
Aliyah is a thorough person. She wants to make all her official visits with her parents, who live in the V.I.

Geno hasn't passed on her at all. Aliyah wants to take her time. Lots of kids don't decide/announce until the early signing period. We got Meg, Christyn, and Olivia in November.
I was referring to sam Brunelle. If her choice was UCONN all along why did Geno go after her? Was she that bad of a player? Makes no sense

Reaction Score
I was referring to sam Brunelle. If her choice was UCONN all along why did Geno go after her? Was she that bad of a player? Makes no sense
She doesn't fit as a 3 or 4 in the UConn offense. When are people going to move on.. .She just doesn't have the speed for UConn and was over hyped in the rankings. I expect her ranking to drop.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brunelle may have had an offer. It's unclear was to whether there was just early interest or a real offer. UConn apparently cooled on her. One reason could be that other players improved, while Sam stagnated. Sam was the #12 player on the U-17 team, even though many teammates were younger. She also showed her weaknesses in the 3 x 3 games. She's a good player, but not a true #1 player. Sam is slow and not agile. Think Kat Westbeld. The last positive interaction between UConn and Sam involved her family. While we don't know what happened, we do know that Geno has cooled on some players because of negative interaction with the parents. Reportedly, Sam wanted UConn, but the interest was no longer mutual.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

You know darn well what happened. You posted about it back in April. Use the search function and you can find your old posts on the topic.

What's really mystifying is why posters are taking you and your fake chicken little act seriously. Check back in November.

Reaction Score

Boston may or may not end up at UConn but any thought that she has a "silent" deal with Geno seems unlikely to me especially after she posed in a Notre Dame uniform........that would be really unfair to the folks at ND and I think Boston is too good a kid to lead another school on like that........

Reaction Score
I don't understand the point of posting these photos. She visited Notre Dame for the weekend. We know that. What's the point your trying to make with these posts?

Photos like this aren't posted on other boards. I don't get it.

as far as I'm concerned, any information regarding an important UConn target is worth posting whether that involves a photo of player visiting Notre Dame or UConn...........that's the beauty of the BY.........if I posted a photo of Ms Boston in a UConn uniform on the Notre Dame board I would be booted and that's plain stupid..........

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
as far as I'm concerned, any information regarding an important UConn target is worth posting whether that involves a photo of player visiting Notre Dame or UConn......that's the beauty of the BY....if I posted a photo of Ms Boston in a UConn uniform on the Notre Dame board I would be booted and that's plain stupid.....

But that's just it, you aren't providing new information. It's troll-like behavior. Posts like this are for your agenda. They offer no value to this board.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the point of posting these photos. She visited Notre Dame for the weekend. We know that. What's the point your trying to make with these posts?

Photos like this aren't posted on other boards. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I agree -- if UConn pics were posted on the ND or Tennessee boards the poster would be run out of Dodge.

Reaction Score
But that's just it, you aren't providing new information. It's troll-like behavior. Posts like this are for your agenda. They offer no value to this board.

you're certainly welcome to your opinion but I'm not so sure that everyone would agree.............and I'm hardly the only person on the BY with an agenda...........

Reaction Score
I agree -- if UConn pics were posted on the ND or Tennessee boards the poster would be run out of Dodge.

exactly.........and what are they afraid of? No confidence in their own program's ability to recruit? That's certainly not an issue on the BY or so I thought...........

Reaction Score
And why so many? Why would any fan want to see multiple pics and tweets of a recruit wearing a rival's jersey? I think most ND fans would tell you they would not want to see pics of Boston, Fudd, Bueckers or any other prized recruits wearing a UConn jersey, and I wouldn't blame them. It's beyond me why you would keep posting pics of Boston in a ND jersey on the Boneyard.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I get that this board doesn't want to be like the Tennessee or ND boards which are not respected boards. But maybe it's time to show just a little UConn pride around here. It's the repetitive nature of these posts. One photo, okay. But then another. I'm sure there are more in the queue. Where's the value in that?

Reaction Score
I get that this board doesn't want to be like the Tennessee or ND boards which are not respected boards. But maybe it's time to show just a little UConn pride around here. It's the repetitive nature of these posts. One photo, okay. But then another. I'm sure there are more in the queue. Where's the value in that?

This board is universally respected because it is far more open to discussing opposing views on UConn and all things WBB and it doesn't edit what others may post unless it's offensive speech..........while it's always great to extol the virtues of UConn WBB, I think a site that treat's it's team with kid gloves 24 hours a day regardless of the circumstances would be a pretty boring place........

Reaction Score
This board is universally respected because it is far more open to discussing opposing views on UConn and all things WBB and it doesn't edit what others may post unless it's offensive speech.....while it's always great to extol the virtues of UConn WBB, I think a site that treat's it's team with kid gloves 24 hours a day regardless of the circumstances would be a pretty boring place...

Reaction Score
You didn't answer UConn Cat's question: Why post multiple pics of the same recruit?

Reaction Score
Agree with UConn Cat.
Additionally, UConn or any other school cooling on a recruit happens. SB is not a must have player. Geno is GM and Coach, in pretty good hands. Eleven national championships and still second guessed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom