2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 142 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Bueckers vs Fudd highlights:

Great video. They are both very good passers. I watched the video a few times to try to find Brunelle, but it looked like she wasn't playing. I think her presence could have had an impact on the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Great video. They are both very good passers. I watched the video a few times to try to find Brunelle, but it looked like she wasn't playing. I think her presence could have had an impact on the game.

Brunelle wasn't there. Bueckers is an elite passer---vision, touch, and confidence only the best possess.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a list of the college coaches present at that game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'd like to see a list of the college coaches present at that game.

There weren't any. This is part of a "quiet" period in recruiting. The next big block of AAU viewing will be July 6-12.

BTW, Bueckers scored 23 in the game while Fudd had 28.

Reaction Score
The closest thing I can find to Amihere news these days:

she is indeed a mystery..............hopefully the seamless way Kia's modeled how a Canadian player can navigate college and national team obligations will give UConn a leg up on the competition

Reaction Score

if the two of them do eventually play together, some university is going to be very lucky indeed..........still holding out hope that it's UConn but I believe the odds are less then they were before the Brunelle situation.........the idea of these two unique talents playing for anyone other then UConn is downright appalling........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star was at the Summer Jam mentioned above:

Paige Bueckers – 2020 – Guard – North Tartan 10thEYBL– Active with added length…Continues dominant spring and summer…Constant attack…Looking to create both her own looks as well as set up teammates options…Mixing her speed more and more to keep defenders guessing…Pull up is benefitting…Handling contact well despite lean build…Can get the shot off in close quarters…Reads and understanding lead to intuitive passing…Plays with enthusiasm

Caitlin Clark – 2020 – Guard – All Iowa Attack EYBL– Playing more assertive…Creating her own…In and out move getting her past defenders…Measured attack mixing up both speed and direction…Turns the corner off a screen at speed…Sees the floor on penetration…Stronger than first impression…Active on ball defensively but less so on the weakside…Consistency on perimeter shot will be key for an already elite prospect

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – Combo – Fairfax Stars EYBL– Exploiting acceleration off her moves more and more…Showing a greater depth in her arsenal mixing scoring options…Sees the floor both in transition and on the attack in the halfcourt…Handling contact more and more effectively…Showed versatility on a cold shooting night…Stepped up defensively in a tough match up…Always looking to improve

Summer Jam 2018 - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Blue Star was at the Summer Jam mentioned above:

Paige Bueckers – 2020 – Guard – North Tartan 10thEYBL– Active with added length…Continues dominant spring and summer…Constant attack…Looking to create both her own looks as well as set up teammates options…Mixing her speed more and more to keep defenders guessing…Pull up is benefitting…Handling contact well despite lean build…Can get the shot off in close quarters…Reads and understanding lead to intuitive passing…Plays with enthusiasm

Caitlin Clark – 2020 – Guard – All Iowa Attack EYBL– Playing more assertive…Creating her own…In and out move getting her past defenders…Measured attack mixing up both speed and direction…Turns the corner off a screen at speed…Sees the floor on penetration…Stronger than first impression…Active on ball defensively but less so on the weakside…Consistency on perimeter shot will be key for an already elite prospect

Summer Jam 2018 - Bluestar Media

I hope that UConn is seriously looking at Clark as well as Van Lith she's no slouch...............

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
It appears that Bueckers is viewed by the BY cognoscente as a superior player to Clark and Van Lith, although both--as well as Sarah Andrews--are rated a higher PG prospect than Bueckers, according to HoopGurlz. Would it be considered a recruiting disappointment if UConn landed Clark or Van Lith but Bueckers went elsewhere?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It appears that Bueckers is viewed by the BY cognoscente as a superior player to Clark and Van Lith, although both--as well as Sarah Andrews--are rated a higher PG prospect than Bueckers, according to HoopGurlz. Would it be considered a recruiting disappointment if UConn landed Clark or Van Lith but Bueckers went elsewhere?
Absolutely! Especially if that somewhere else is ND. Bueckers is the belle of the ball among the outstanding PGs in the 2020 IMO because of her ability to play the PG and SG positions equally well.

Reaction Score

I would be as PB has the "it" factor that so few kids have coming out of high school.............that said, I think Clark would become an instant favorite at UConn as she is quite feisty and a very talented play maker and shooter.........she actually may be a better outside shooter then PB although she didn't shoot well at the USA event due to an injured hand.......another pretty good player namely Christyn Williams had a pretty poor shooting USA experience due to injury and she turned out OK......Van Lith would be my third choice only because I haven't seen enough of her to make a definitive judgement compared to the others although she looks to be tough and very talented too

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

It would be disappointing to miss out on Bueckers regardless of any other players because Bueckers is special. Personally, I've wanted both Van Lith and Bueckers for some time now. Greedy sure, but UConn might be thinking the same thing and why not?

Seems as though Bueckers will be the new #1 at Prospects Nation when they update their '20 class soon, incidentally.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers, North Tartan 2020 EYBL, Hopkins H.S.

5'11" 2020

I said this on Twitter, and I will stand by this statement. Paige Bueckers, in my opinion, is the best High School player, regardless of class, in the country. She went head to head with a who's who of top recruits and led her team (playing up an age level against Nike EYBL circuit teams) to a runner-up finish. She wills her team to victory and her on-court charisma and skill set is once a generation in this region. If you're in Minnesota enjoy this talent while you can!

Caitlin Clark, All Iowa Attack 2019 Nike EYBL, Dowling Catholic HS

5'11" 2020

If you can find a better passer/playmaker let me know, I haven't found one. Whether it's in the half-court or transition game there isn't a pass she can't make...or come up with a way to make. She has a gift for creativity and some of the passes, passing angles, and delivery styles will leave you scratching your head how she pulls them off. She is a modern name Pistol Pete with the ball. Add in her ability to go on scoring rampages and you can see why she is at and among every national ranking services top players.

Summer Jam Notes (Part 1 of 5)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom