2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 141 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Congrats to Haley! That's a significant accomplishment. I still think she should study under Professor Auriemma.

I saw a U-17 club soccer game a few weeks ago featuring some West Point, UCLA, and Stanford commits. One Stanford commit actually reminded me of Haley in terms of how she moved. She was really, really good. She had 1 unassisted goal and 1 beautiful assist.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Congrats to Haley! That's a significant accomplishment. I still think she should study under Professor Auriemma.

I saw a U-17 club soccer game a few weeks ago featuring some West Point, UCLA, and Stanford commits. One Stanford commit actually reminded me of Haley in terms of how she moved. She was really, really good. She had 1 unassisted goal and 1 beautiful assist.
There is something about Jones being accepted to Stanford during her junior year that should be clarified. The acceptance is conditional based on Jones completing her high school graduation requirements and any other applicable requirements for admission to Stanford.

What’s more, any school that offered Jones, including UConn, would be reasonably certain, based on either academic guidelines from Admissions or a specific review of the candidate’s transcript that she would be accepted at the school.

For these reasons, I tend to believe that Stanford’s early notification is a well considered gimmick. As noted in the letter from Admissions, the formal acceptance letter will not be sent out until April of next year.

Just saying...

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is something about Jones being accepted to Stanford during her junior year that should be clarified. The acceptance is conditional based on Jones completing her high school graduation requirements and any other applicable requirements for admission to Stanford.

What’s more, any school that offered Jones, including UConn, would be reasonably certain, based on either academic guidelines from Admissions or a specific review of the candidate’s transcript that she would be accepted at the school.

For these reasons, I tend to believe that Stanford’s early notification is a well considered gimmick. As noted in the letter from Admissions, the formal acceptance letter will not be sent out until April of next year.

Just saying...
Of course it's a gimmick-pretty good one too. How many Stanford early notifications actually cc the head Women's basketball coach?

Reaction Score

Tough to turn down a Stanford offer.................that and staying close to home must be very enticing..............this was one of my concerns about counting on HJ as the major target for 2019

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tough to turn down a Stanford offer.......that and staying close to home must be very enticing....this was one of my concerns about counting on HJ as the major target for 2019
KML, Gabby and Lou didn’t have any difficulty turning down a Stanford offer to play far from home, and they all prospered tremendously by doing so, a fact I’m certain that Geno has discussed with Ms. Jones.

Reaction Score
KML, Gabby and Lou didn’t have any difficulty turning down a Stanford offer to play far from home, and they all prospered tremendously by doing so, a fact I’m certain that Geno has discussed with Ms. Jones.

indeed...............let's hope that trend continues................if not, Ms Horston maybe UConn's last 2019 guard/wing option...........

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Lou was admitted and chose UConn instead. Not sure that applies to the other two. As far as the May acceptance, I recall that timing with Chiney.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou was admitted and chose UConn instead. Not sure that applies to the other two. As far as the May acceptance, I recall that timing with Chiney.
KML & Gabby were both offered by Stanford, and I would presume would have been accepted had they chose the Cardinal over the Huskies. As I said in an earlier post, I think these early acceptance letters by Stanford are something of a marketing gimmick, in that they are not official until the official acceptance letter is sent in April of a recruit’s senior year in HS.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Battle of the best: Fudd vs Bueckers at Summer Jam

If you follow girls basketball in Minnesota then you, like every big-time college coach in the country, are well aware of who Bueckers is. But what about Fudd? Well she is the Paige Bueckers of Washington, D.C., and is probably the best player in the country from the class of 2021. “She has really got the whole package,” Bueckers said. “I have never seen such a clean jump shot. It’s crazy. When she shoots it you’re like, ‘Well that’s definitely going in,’ and when she misses it’s like once in a lifetime. Azzi is so strong, and she uses her body well. There really isn’t much you can do to stop her. She can shoot, she’s got a good handle, she can post you up, get to her pull-up at will, and create for others.”

Bueckers and Fudd connected in Colorado Springs last summer at the Team USA U16 tryouts. They both made the squad, even though Fudd was only 14 years old and just out of the 8th grade. At the Championship of the Americas in Argentina, Fudd and Bueckers just clicked. On the court they were the first players off the bench and made a huge impact. Off the court, they became fast friends.

It makes sense when you think about it. I mean, how many other kids can relate to what it’s like to be wooed by UCONN and Notre Dame and Maryland and the like? How many other players represent their country on an international stage and win a gold medal? How many other kids put in the amount of time and effort they do to be the best?

“It’s almost like we’re inseparable,” Bueckers said. “It’s cool to have people around you that have the same focus and the same drive. We push each other to be great. Off the court, she is really like my best friend. We spend a lot of time watching shows, cooking together, and spending quality time just enjoying the little time we have off the court. She is just a great person.”

Battle of the best: Fudd vs Bueckers at Summer Jam - Prep Girls Hoops

Reaction Score
Battle of the best: Fudd vs Bueckers at Summer Jam

If you follow girls basketball in Minnesota then you, like every big-time college coach in the country, are well aware of who Bueckers is. But what about Fudd? Well she is the Paige Bueckers of Washington, D.C., and is probably the best player in the country from the class of 2021. “She has really got the whole package,” Bueckers said. “I have never seen such a clean jump shot. It’s crazy. When she shoots it you’re like, ‘Well that’s definitely going in,’ and when she misses it’s like once in a lifetime. Azzi is so strong, and she uses her body well. There really isn’t much you can do to stop her. She can shoot, she’s got a good handle, she can post you up, get to her pull-up at will, and create for others.”

Bueckers and Fudd connected in Colorado Springs last summer at the Team USA U16 tryouts. They both made the squad, even though Fudd was only 14 years old and just out of the 8th grade. At the Championship of the Americas in Argentina, Fudd and Bueckers just clicked. On the court they were the first players off the bench and made a huge impact. Off the court, they became fast friends.

It makes sense when you think about it. I mean, how many other kids can relate to what it’s like to be wooed by UCONN and Notre Dame and Maryland and the like? How many other players represent their country on an international stage and win a gold medal? How many other kids put in the amount of time and effort they do to be the best?

“It’s almost like we’re inseparable,” Bueckers said. “It’s cool to have people around you that have the same focus and the same drive. We push each other to be great. Off the court, she is really like my best friend. We spend a lot of time watching shows, cooking together, and spending quality time just enjoying the little time we have off the court. She is just a great person.”

Battle of the best: Fudd vs Bueckers at Summer Jam - Prep Girls Hoops
Wow... from the quotes who ever lands one ..the other will follow. Seems to me Notre Dame has the edge with the commitment of SB. Of course a lot can change but it looks like these two have a serious connection on and off the court. Also doesn’t hurt that Notre Dame is coming of the national Title and are the favorites to repeat. Kind of reminds me of another program.... hint hint. Are the tables turning a little?? If this ends up happening this class could end up turning into a pretty special class with Fudd coming in 2 years later. GENO has his work cut out for him in the next year.. will be very interesting who goes where.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Think Keil Moore just gave away Prospects Nation's upcoming rankings realignment:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom