2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 139 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope Cameron is on the Brink of verbaling to UConn. She reminds me a lot of Stewie.
saw.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Fuller article on Jordan Horston:

Horston has the length to play on the wing and that is exactly what she did as a junior but she still has the same point guard mentality before her growth spurts.

"I feel like every kid should start off with basic ballhandling because you never know if you will grow or not," Horston said. "I am glad I grew but I am also glad I had those point guard skills as well. It is like having two point guards on the court at the same time if I don't have the ball a lot."

The plan is for Horston to be back at point guard for her final high school season.

While she hasn't been focusing on recruiting since arriving in Colorado Springs, that will soon change as one of her first tasks after the trials are over will be heading to UConn for her visit.

"I am definitely excited," Horston said. "You know he (Geno Auriemma) is a great coach, he makes players better and that is what I want, I want somebody to push me and make me better. I don't want to go somewhere where I am comfortable because that is not how I get better. I'd like to be put in an uncomfortable situation so I can get better so I feel like he does that. I have watched some of his practices, I just feel like he is a great coach and he produces great players."

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: Growth continues on and off the court for UConn recruting target Jordan Horston

And an Adamec piece on '21 guard Caroline Ducharme and other tidbits:

Wait is worth it for Massachusetts prep standout Ducharme

Reaction Score
Natalija Marshall (2020) says she is down to ten schools:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Duke, Syracuse, Texas, Stanford, Maryland, UCLA, and Oregon.

Is it just me or does every highly touted recruit list the same top 10? Remove Syracuse, insert Louisville and you get the idea.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Given that a lot of the Top 10 lists sport the "usual suspects" and that a certain subset of those schools pursue the same kind of players, wanted to pass along a report about three of the top remaining 2019 prospects for both UConn and ND:

What that tells me is that:
- plans for OV's to other Top 5 schools will (probably) be known shortly; and,
- early fall will be showdown time for several of the remaining top 2019 prospects.

For ND and the recruitng list we've been keeping on McGraw's Bench, these three (Amihere, Boston, Jones) are the other top targets outside of Brunelle and Peoples. Outside of that, perhaps Sydnee Roby is a possibility.....

Also means that bloggers watching Irish recruiting can now put 2019 on hold a bit until the start of the academic school year and/or see what 2020-21 prospects at AAU events ND coaches are attending en masse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given that a lot of the Top 10 lists sport the "usual suspects" and that a certain subset of those schools pursue the same kind of players, wanted to pass along a report about three of the top remaining 2019 prospects for both UConn and ND:

- early fall will be showdown time for several of the remaining top 2019 prospects.

For ND and the recruitng list we've been keeping on McGraw's Bench, these three (Amihere, Boston, Jones) are the other top targets outside of Brunelle and Peoples. Outside of that, perhaps Sydnee Roby is a possibility.....

Also means that bloggers watching Irish recruiting can now put 2019 on hold a bit until the start of the academic school year and/or see what 2020-21 prospects at AAU events ND coaches are attending en masse.

I just hope MM picks a weekend for her recruiting extravaganza when the football team might actually be able to win the game.........:D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I just hope MM picks a weekend for her recruiting extravaganza when the football team might actually be able to win the game....:D

Well, the last "NieleFest/Recruitapalooza" was held Oct 28, 2017 and Notre Dame beat a pretty good NC State team, 35-14.

ND, in spite of not having a good passing QB last year, went 10-3 last year so I think she'll manage to pick the right kind of game. Hopefully, it will be the Pitt game on October 13th when your truly will be out there! :cool: ;)

Reaction Score
Well, the last "NieleFest/Recruitapalooza" was held Oct 28, 2017 and Notre Dame beat a pretty good NC State team, 35-14.

ND, in spite of not having a good passing QB last year, went 10-3 last year so I think she'll manage to pick the right kind of game. Hopefully, it will be the Pitt game on October 13th when your truly will be out there! :cool: ;)

Hey wasn't/isn't that QB a NJ kid?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hey wasn't/isn't that QB a NJ kid?

Brandon Wimbush of Teaneck, NJ. who went to St. Peter's Prep.
Great kid, great athlete. Ran very well, but his throwing motion was just all over the place. Had a good spring and is the acknowledged #1 going into the fall, but Kelly didn't hesitate to yank him the bowl game last year when he was off. Hopefully, that won't need to be the case this fall....particularly if Muffet and Niele are having another of their mass recruiting events during that game! ;)

Reaction Score
Official visits to S Bend on a football weekend make it clear to recruits that of the top 10 sports at ND 1-9 are football and No 10 is men's basketball.

I've heard rumors that on home Saturdays when the Irish lose the cries of the flagellants can be heard throughout the night. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jasmine Lister was scouting 2020 PG Genesis Bryant from Lovejoy high in Georgia last week. She's the player that basically ended Olivia Nelson-Ododa's high school career by scoring 33 points against Winder-Barrow in the state quarters.

More info:

Bryant exceeded those expectations during the 2017-18 season and was the driving force behind Lovejoy’s state championship run. She averaged 17.4 points, 3.0 steals and 3.0 assists per game en route to winning Region 4-AAAAAA Co-Player of the Year honors.

Bryant has already established herself as one of the best pure shooters in the state. In total, Bryant shot 84 percent from the free-throw line, 52 percent on two-point shots and 41 percent on three-point shots.

Girls Basketball Player of the Year: Genesis Bryant, Sophomore, Lovejoy

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jasmine Lister was scouting 2020 PG Genesis Bryant from Lovejoy high in Georgia last week. She's the player that basically ended Olivia Nelson-Ododa's high school career by scoring 33 points against Winder-Barrow in the state quarters.

More info:

Bryant exceeded those expectations during the 2017-18 season and was the driving force behind Lovejoy’s state championship run. She averaged 17.4 points, 3.0 steals and 3.0 assists per game en route to winning Region 4-AAAAAA Co-Player of the Year honors.

Bryant has already established herself as one of the best pure shooters in the state. In total, Bryant shot 84 percent from the free-throw line, 52 percent on two-point shots and 41 percent on three-point shots.

Girls Basketball Player of the Year: Genesis Bryant, Sophomore, Lovejoy

Glad to see that Jas is getting to see the country, one gym at a time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec doing God's work in Colorado. His 4th prospect interview gives us major news on Hailey Van Lith. He also talked to Amari DeBerry.

When it comes to her future at the college level, Van Lith said she is focusing on six or seven schools and hopes to make some unofficial visits this summer and fall depending on what happens here and her AAU schedule. She made an unofficial visit to the University of Connecticut last fall and the plan is to make a return trip to Storrs. She owns a scholarship offer from the Huskies.

Van Lith's drive taking her towards top

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does every highly touted recruit list the same top 10? Remove Syracuse, insert Louisville and you get the idea.

depends where the recruits are from........if they're from northwest you get more PAC 12 schools, southwest you get the Texas schools etc, but if you are a great player you're going to have plenty of the usual suspects........trouble is you can only play five players at a time.......it seems that fans from some of these schools may not have figured that out yet....

Reaction Score

Interesting post. At times, seems like ND posters saying more about Boston than UConn's. With all the talk about prospects all over the county, some of which are Frosh and Sophs, Boston is a MUST WIN for UConn. Great skills and toughness needed to win it all.

Reaction Score
Interesting post. At times, seems like ND posters saying more about Boston than UConn's. With all the talk about prospects all over the county, some of which are Frosh and Sophs, Boston is a MUST WIN for UConn. Great skills and toughness needed to win it all.

Are there any top ten players that ND posters are not expecting to get..............one NC and they anticipate ruling college WBB forever...........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It takes less than an hour to get from Worcester, MA to either Storrs or Hartford. Boston’s parents can catch Husky games at Gampel or XL, give their baby girl a hug after the games and be home in time to watch the evening news. If Boston doesn’t end up at UConn I will be shocked.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

The Irish lose both Jess Shepard and Brianna Turner after the 2018-19 season, leaving them with Mik Vaughn as the true low post. Danielle Cosgrove is coming in this fall, but we'll see if she's better suited to the high or low post. And there's Sam Brunelle, who most certainly will play the high post. So MM needs another low post. Boston continues to get better and better and would offer some serious physical presence down low.

I think the competition for Ms. Boston and Amihere is going to be fierce. While I think Ms. Boston would be a natural for the Huskies, particularly given the proximity of her Worcester home, you never know.

Are there any top ten players that ND posters are not expecting to get....one NC and they anticipate ruling college WBB forever......

Gosh, Charlie...can you get a bit more specific with your "ND posters?" Are you referring to McGraw's Bench, overall or The Boneyard? On this board, I know my two most consistent fellow ND posters and I are usually pretty measured in our expectations. We have to be, given the results of some of the recent UConn-ND recruit-offs (or even the Stanford-ND battles that we lost with Ms.Brown and Ms. Belibi).

Now, can we hope to get some of these top players that look to be a great fit for the Irish B-ball team and/or ND in general? Of course...it's still before opening day and the moon's a balloon! :cool: ;)

Reaction Score
The Irish lose both Jess Shepard and Brianna Turner after the 2018-19 season, leaving them with Mik Vaughn as the true low post. Danielle Cosgrove is coming in this fall, but we'll see if she's better suited to the high or low post. And there's Sam Brunelle, who most certainly will play the high post. So MM needs another low post. Boston continues to get better and better and would offer some serious physical presence down low.

I think the competition for Ms. Boston and Amihere is going to be fierce. While I think Ms. Boston would be a natural for the Huskies, particularly given the proximity of her Worcester home, you never know.

Gosh, Charlie...can you get a bit more specific with your "ND posters?" Are you referring to McGraw's Bench, overall or The Boneyard? On this board, I know my two most consistent fellow ND posters and I are usually pretty measured in our expectations. We have to be, given the results of some of the recent UConn-ND recruit-offs (or even the Stanford-ND battles that we lost with Ms.Brown and Ms. Belibi).

Now, can we hope to get some of these top players that look to be a great fit for the Irish B-ball team and/or ND in general? Of course...it's still before opening day and the moon's a balloon! :cool: ;)

I was referring to the vast unwashed ND crowd......... not you learned individuals who understand the harsh realities of the recruiting world..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another Aliyah Boston piece this time by Jim Fuller. Boston won't get specific but says she's down to five schools with UConn of course being one. We know Louisville and Notre Dame are two of the others.

Years before the honors started heading Aliyah Boston she was just another wide-eyed youngster heading out to the University of the Virgin Islands Sports & Fitness Center watching some of the top teams and players in the Paradise Jam tournament each November.

UConn, which will play in the 2018 event, went undefeated at the events in 2007 and 2012 at that time they had no idea that a player who is one of the top recruits in the country would join the legions of fans of the UConn women's basketball program.

"When I first started playing basketball I loved UConn so I think it is just natural," Boston said.

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: Inspired by stars who have played in her hometown, now Aliyah Boston is the star attraction

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom