2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 140 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Are there any top ten players that ND posters are not expecting to get....one NC and they anticipate ruling college WBB forever.....
Charlie, I agree with your point but my comment was about the lack of UConn Board focus on Boston. Not understanding the balance between looking forward 2-4 years and evaluating who would have more immediate impact.

Reaction Score
Any update on Sam Brunelle? We could really use her to eventually take over KLS spot. She could be a legendary husky.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
It takes less than an hour to get from Worcester, MA to either Storrs or Hartford. Boston’s parents can catch Husky games at Gampel or XL, give their baby girl a hug after the games and be home in time to watch the evening news. If Boston doesn’t end up at UConn I will be shocked.

I believe that Aliyah's parents still live in her birthplace, the Virgin Islands, while she and her sister live with an aunt in Worcester, a move they both made to make it easier to pursue their basketball ambitions. According to one article, she sees her parents only occasionally.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe that Aliyah's parents still live in her birthplace, the Virgin Islands, while she and her sister live with an aunt in Worcester, a move they both made to make it easier to pursue their basketball ambitions. According to one article, she sees her parents only occasionally.
Yes, I learned that after I wrote the post. So it will be easier for her aunt and sister to make the games in Hartford or Storrs, and Geno should advise Aliyah that the Huskies will start every season playing in the Paradise Jam so her parents can watch her play. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Any update on Sam Brunelle? We could really use her to eventually take over KLS spot. She could be a legendary husky.
Are you joking or have you been locked up in isolation somewhere for the past several months?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
According to Louisville sports insider Jody Demling the Cardinals are no longer in contention for Aliyah Boston.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I created a separate thread on it but it should probably be mentioned here that Prospects Nation has elevated Haley Jones to their #1 ranking and Jordan Horston to #2 for 2019. And in reality they'd have Amihere 1st but for her non-US status. So 1-2-3 for those three UConn targets.

Blue Star has also updated their 2019 ranking moving Jones up to #7. They have Boston 2nd, Amihere 3rd, Jones 7th, and Horston 8th.

2019 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

Blue Star Basketball

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I created a separate thread on it but it should probably be mentioned here that Prospects Nation has elevated Haley Jones to their #1 ranking and Jordan Horston to #2 for 2019. And in reality they'd have Amihere 1st but for her non-US status. So 1-2-3 for those three UConn targets.

Blue Star has also updated their 2019 ranking moving Jones up to #7. They have Boston 2nd, Amihere 3rd, Jones 7th, and Horston 8th.

2019 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

Blue Star Basketball
Do you think, much like NFL teams heading into the draft, that UConn actually has a board with players ranked in numerical order based on the coaching staff's own assessment or is Geno just carrying around this information in his head?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do you think, much like NFL teams heading into the draft, that UConn actually has a board with players ranked in numerical order based on the coaching staff's own assessment or is Geno just carrying around this information in his head?

I assume they have some sort of document listing all the players they're interested in, maybe with viewing assessments included. Not sure they them order them in terms of quality but no doubt they know which ones they want the most and think they have the best chance of getting.

Reaction Score
I assume they have some sort of document listing all the players they're interested in, maybe with viewing assessments included. Not sure they them order them in terms of quality but no doubt they know which ones they want the most and think they have the best chance of getting.

the way UConn recruits it must be a very short document...............Louisville's list on the other hand.............you are familiar with "War and Peace"?

Reaction Score
2020 player of interest Genesis Bryant tape from last fall:

Very good guard out of LoveJoy, Georgia. She and Anaya Boyd are top 25 prospects in the 2020 class. Seen them both this past March against Winder-Barrow (ONO’s squad) in the championship and they both put on a show! Best HS game I’ve seen in a while!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I'm guessing you'd like a peek, Sluconn. ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
great place to go to school.....just not a great place to win championships...

Just noted she called this an "unofficial visit." Keeping the "OV" designations for the schools that are further away from the Bay area?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This Week’s 2017-18 Super 12 Girls Basketball Team

JORDAN HORSTON

Considering NCAA power Connecticut has scouted her, the future looks bright for this 6-1 junior guard.

Horston, who was district Player of the Year and a state co-Player of the Year in Division III, helped the Nubians beat Versailles 53-47 to earn their sixth state title and finish 27-3. She averaged 16 points, four assists and four steals.

“She’s showed a lot of character because for two years she’s played point guard but this year we moved her to (shooting guard),” coach Will McKinney said. “Words can’t express how nice it is to have a player that caliber that you can just shift around. It’s like with chess pieces on the board and she’s like a queen.”

The Captain: Sheldon continues to add to her game

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I would assume that a "potential recruits" white board exists in the office of most basketball programs. The board is probably located the office of the assistant coach that is in charge of recruiting. There are a lot of names on it. This method makes it easier to keep track of all of the recruits they have an interest in. This makes it easy for any coach to drop in and look at the players that are still uncommitted at any given time. It's updated as these recruits commit to their program, or somewhere else, just as NFL teams do during the 3 day draft (as players are drafted and are no longer available).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

So, on top of having a probable offer, Ms. Jones now has an acceptance letter to Stanford?

Well, not that it was really ever in question, but we pretty much now know she can probably meet all of other her finalists' academic requirements.

Coach Tara already has landed the other local Class of '19 star, Hannah Jump, and how they're going after the big kahuna, so to speak.

This is going to be an interesting summer/early fall....:cool:;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom