2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 143 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers, North Tartan 2020 EYBL, Hopkins H.S.

5'11" 2020

I said this on Twitter, and I will stand by this statement. Paige Bueckers, in my opinion, is the best High School player, regardless of class, in the country. She went head to head with a who's who of top recruits and led her team (playing up an age level against Nike EYBL circuit teams) to a runner-up finish. She wills her team to victory and her on-court charisma and skill set is once a generation in this region. If you're in Minnesota enjoy this talent while you can!

Caitlin Clark, All Iowa Attack 2019 Nike EYBL, Dowling Catholic HS

5'11" 2020

If you can find a better passer/playmaker let me know, I haven't found one. Whether it's in the half-court or transition game there isn't a pass she can't make...or come up with a way to make. She has a gift for creativity and some of the passes, passing angles, and delivery styles will leave you scratching your head how she pulls them off. She is a modern name Pistol Pete with the ball. Add in her ability to go on scoring rampages and you can see why she is at and among every national ranking services top players.

Summer Jam Notes (Part 1 of 5)
Between Bueckers, Van Lith, Clark and Andrews, 3-4 teams are going to be very happy. (and they have 2 more season to improve :eek:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As we know, Brunelle is very close with Bueckers and Fudd. I sense, though, that the strongest bond is between Paige and Azzi, not between either and Sam.

Reaction Score
It appears that Bueckers is viewed by the BY cognoscente as a superior player to Clark and Van Lith, although both--as well as Sarah Andrews--are rated a higher PG prospect than Bueckers, according to HoopGurlz. Would it be considered a recruiting disappointment if UConn landed Clark or Van Lith but Bueckers went elsewhere?

Not for me. I have stated multiple times that I feel that Bueckers and Fudd are Notre Dame bound. I think Fudd is the best guard in the country right now and will only get better, but I think Van Lith is both better, and a better fit, for UConn. Don't get me wrong Bueckers is a great player, I just think that Van Lith is the prototypical UConn point guard. She is the best ball handler in the country, she is a floor general, she can get to any spot on the court, she can shoot, she is a great defender, she plays harder than any HS player I have seen, and she has that toughness/nastiness about her that Coach Auriemma loves in his players. I would be absolutely ecstatic if UConn were able to land Van Lith!

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not for me. I have stated multiple times that I feel that Bueckers and Fudd are Notre Dame bound. I think Fudd is the best guard in the country right now and will only get better, but I think Van Lith is both better, and a better fit, for UConn. Don't get me wrong Bueckers is a great player, I just think that Van Lith is the prototypical UConn point guard. She is the best ball handler in the country, she is a floor general, she can get to any spot on the court, she can shoot, she is a great defender, she plays harder than any HS player I have seen, and she has that toughness/nastiness about her that Coach Auriemma loves in his players. I would be absolutely ecstatic if UConn were able to land Van Lith!

I'm a big Van Lith fan and certainly want her, but I'd take Bueckers over any other player I have seen in the nation including Fudd. There are some similarities in Van Lith's game and Christyn Williams' game. But in terms of UConn player, I think Bueckers is the prototype.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we might see Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Paige Beuckers, and Azzi Fudd player together at Stanford.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we might see Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Paige Beuckers, and Azzi Fudd player together at Stanford.
upload_2018-6-19_19-42-22.jpeg

Reaction Score
a 7th grader

believe it or not she's been getting lot's of press around here for a couple of years now...........her father is pushing her in a big way.............too much as far as I can tell but she does appear to enjoy playing t this point...........still a possible candidate for sports burnout by high school.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom