2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 145 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Apparently sought after by UConn as well.
By many schools. Not sure if UConn has offered, though. Tennessee barely offering her and Andrews this week seemed pretty late to me. No coincidence that they were both offered at the same time as I think they are a package deal.

Reaction Score
She attended Texas' summer camp for the second straight year. She and Hannah Gusters are very close friends based on social media; and, both play on the same Nike club team as 2020 Texas commit, Deja Kelly.

NOTE: Sarah is the "short" one standing next to Coach Aston.

How tall is Coach Aston?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The top-ranked basketball player in Columbus next year will not be playing on the men’s side of the ball.

Jordan Horston, a 6-1 senior guard at Africentric, is currently the eighth-ranked prospect in the country according to ESPN. After three dominating seasons, Horston will now play for the 2018 USA Basketball Women’s U17 World Cup team this summer.

“I really like to pass the ball and get my teammates involved,” she said. “The best part of my game right now is probably my passing and defense. I like getting in the passing lanes and blocking shots, getting steals and locking up the best players.”

“I want to play with other girls that are good players who have the same mindset,” she said. “I also want a coach that knows how to push me and help me become a better player. I’m always just trying to work on everything, but I don’t want to be the same player in college I want to get better.”

If Horston can improve, she definitely has a shot to reach her ultimate goal, the WBNA, where she may get a chance to match up with two of her favorite players, Maya Moore and Kelsey Mitchell.

She's Got Game: Jordan Horston is the top basketball prospect in Columbus

Reaction Score
there's only one school in her final list that has all of the attributes she's looking for:

“Right now I have a final seven,” Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville and UConn.”

“I want to play with other girls that are good players who have the same mindset,” she said. “I also want a coach that knows how to push me and help me become a better player. I’m always just trying to work on everything, but I don’t want to be the same player in college I want to get better.”

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not sure if UCONN. Is still recruiting her but Kylee Watson was at UCLA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
there's only one school in her final list that has all of the attributes she's looking for:

“Right now I have a final seven,” Ohio State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Louisville and UConn.”

2 thoughts:

It’s refreshing that a kid from the Midwest doesn’t have ND on her list (but ND already has Nixon and Peoples).

Jordan’s criteria rule out Ohio State, NC, and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Not sure if UCONN. Is still recruiting her but Kylee Watson was at UCLA.

it appears Watson's stock has fallen a bit in the past year.........not sure about UConn's level of interest............I think she would be a great pick up if Geno can bring the aggressiveness out of her which she seems to have lost

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
it appears Watson's stock has fallen a bit in the past year....not sure about UConn's level of interest..I think she would be a great pick up if Geno can bring the aggressiveness out of her which she seems to have lost

Ditto with ND/Ms. Watson. She attended the mass recruiting even in Fall 2017, but not a whole lot more has been heard in terms of ND-Watson interactions. Will pay attention to see what takes place in the late summer-fall months.

Reaction Score
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The top-ranked basketball player in Columbus next year will not be playing on the men’s side of the ball.

If Horston can improve, she definitely has a shot to reach her ultimate goal, the WBNA, where she may get a chance to match up with two of her favorite players, Maya Moore and Kelsey Mitchell.

She's Got Game: Jordan Horston is the top basketball prospect in Columbus

a little JH video clip.........my apologies if this has been posted before

Reaction Score
Read on Bernice's Place (the Oregon State WBB thread) that Hailey Van Lith has created an unofficial four finalists. They confirmed UCONN and Oregon State are on her list along with another Pac-12 team. She is at the Oregon st. camp currently

Reaction Score
Read on Bernice's Place (the Oregon State WBB thread) that Hailey Van Lith has created an unofficial four finalists. They confirmed UCONN and Oregon State are on her list along with another Pac-12 team. She is at the Oregon st. camp currently

prying her away from the west coast schools will be vital especially if Bueckers ends up elsewhere............she has made it clear early on that she is willing to consider coming east which is a start............curious to see which of the three super point guards commits first..........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Well, not quite currently as she is now in Spokane with Bueckers, Brunelle, and Boston for a 3x3 tournament.

I don't get why people speak in riddles like that. Other than they like the attention of knowing something others don't.

They said all four of her schools were in the top 8 of final coaches poll and the confirmed that UConn was one and ND was not. If you're going to give that much info, just spill what the four schools are!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They said all four of her schools were in the top 8 of final coaches poll and the confirmed that UConn was one and ND was not. If you're going to give that much info, just spill what the four schools are!

Ones that we know were recruiting her that finished in the top-8 are UConn, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Oregon State for sure. Louisville was as of last fall--not sure if they still are. Possibly UCLA as well.

If the info is accurate, it would likely be UConn, Oregon, Oregon State, and one of UCLA or Louisville. The Cardinal's insider Jody Demling hasn't mention Van Lith at all; that might be a clue. Also would mean that Baylor, who was out in force to watch her earlier this year, is no longer an option.

Reaction Score
Well, not quite currently as she is now in Spokane with Bueckers, Brunelle, and Boston for a 3x3 tournament.

I don't get why people speak in riddles like that. Other than they like the attention of knowing something others don't.

of course we don't know how legit the info from the poster really is...............it's common knowledge Hailey Van Lith and UConn have mutual interest and that she is considering the Oregon schools............that leaves one other mystery program..............time will tell

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Aw, I'm willing to forgive Hailey Van Lith a bit of coquettishness. She's just a teenager enjoying what has to be a flattering process.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Aw, I'm willing to forgive Hailey Van Lith a bit of coquettishness. She's just a teenager enjoying what has to be a flattering process.

Not talking about Van Lith. Talking about this poster on the Oregon St. board claiming that claims to know her top 4.

Reaction Score
Boston has a "pro" body right now! With some solid coaching, and a high level college lifting program, she will be downright scary to face in the post. I want Hailey Van Lith and Boston to become UConn Huskies more than you can imagine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom