2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 146 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score

Physically Brunelle looks more like Bueckers than she does Boston. She was a good post in high school but I can't see how some think she can do the same in college. And any comparison to KLS is being made by those who haven't seen her shoot. She isn't bad but she's on a different planet from KLS.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Between the old videos in which Hailey Van Lith was wearing UConn gear and our new super-recruiter Jasmine--who spent a year in Washington working with Kelsey Plum--I have a good feeling about our chances with Hailey.

Reaction Score
Between the old videos in which Hailey Van Lith was wearing UConn gear and our new super-recruiter Jasmine--who spent a year in Washington working with Kelsey Plum--I have a good feeling about our chances with Hailey.

would be happy to have Hailey Van Lith but Bueckers must still be the number one target along with Boston..........having them both seemingly playing along with ND "recruiter" Sam Brunelle every other week can't be helpful to the UConn cause..........

Reaction Score
I believe Boston is UCONNs to lose. I think Bueckers is a open book. She’s a Minnesota kid and maybe she wants to play for Lindsay Whalen and bring the gophers back to the final four or bring them back and build there program back. Lindsay and Janelle were one win away from playing for a national title .. of course by the hands of our huskies. We shouldn’t assume that Brunelle is recruiting these players. Kids are smart and won’t choose a school just cause there friends are going there. They will choose a school where they fit at. Remember these young women have to spend 4 years at that school. Lastly can’t base a kid being seen wearing certain gear. If that’s the case why prolong the recruiting process and just commit like Sam Brunelle did. UCONN has just as much of a chance landing these kids then anyone!! Remember we all thought Meghan was a sure thing for Notre Dame.. How did that work out. What will be will be.

Reaction Score
actually some like me thought MW was a Texas lean..........Brunelle has been often mentioned as the kind of leader/friend that others want to follow.............so yes, ultimately each recruit has to follow her own path but it does appear that SB's relationships are unusually close with Bueckers and Fudd and I believe they will give extra consideration to ND for that reason........time will tell...........as far as Boston goes, if she is UConn's to lose why doesn't she simply commit? She would be virtually guaranteed playing time as a freshman as she perfectly fits UConn's low post needs............her non commitment at this point makes me think she is still wide open to considering other schools.......

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
actually some like me thought MW was a Texas lean.....Brunelle has been often mentioned as the kind of leader/friend that others want to follow...so yes, ultimately each recruit has to follow her own path but it does appear that SB's relationships are unusually close with Bueckers and Fudd and I believe they will give extra consideration to ND for that reason...time will tell......as far as Boston goes, if she is UConn's to lose why doesn't she simply commit? She would be virtually guaranteed playing time as a freshman as she perfectly fits UConn's low post needs..her non commitment at this point makes me think she is still wide open to considering other schools..
Because Aliyah Boston, just like every other recruit, is on her own timetable & not the timeline
some would like.

Reaction Score
actually some like me thought MW was a Texas lean.....Brunelle has been often mentioned as the kind of leader/friend that others want to follow...so yes, ultimately each recruit has to follow her own path but it does appear that SB's relationships are unusually close with Bueckers and Fudd and I believe they will give extra consideration to ND for that reason...time will tell......as far as Boston goes, if she is UConn's to lose why doesn't she simply commit? She would be virtually guaranteed playing time as a freshman as she perfectly fits UConn's low post needs..her non commitment at this point makes me think she is still wide open to considering other schools..
Ditto for Boston playing at UConn. Her style is a perfect fit for the current offense and her defense would get her significant playing time immediately. Not a lot for her to have to guess about.

Reaction Score
Because Aliyah Boston, just like every other recruit, is on her own timetable & not the timeline
some would like.

exactly my point...........what kind of timetable does she need if she's already decided she's going to UConn? As far as I'm concerned she simply has not made up her mind..........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
We shouldn’t assume that Brunelle is recruiting these players. Kids are smart and won’t choose a school just cause there friends are going there. They will choose a school where they fit at. Remember these young women have to spend 4 years at that school.

I don't know why they would want to play with Sam anyway. I just read that she can't play in the post and is a mediocre shooter.

Reaction Score
In my experience, female BB recruits just seem to value their developed relationships with coaches and friends/competitors more so than the males. For this reason I kind of sense that Boston might be one of those kids that is maybe dreading having to say no to all but one school. Maybe not but I've known several of those type of kids. They like most everything about several of the schools recruiting them and have a hard time pulling the trigger. A lot of times, besides the academics it boils down to where they feel the most confident about getting some PT.

Reaction Score
In my experience, female BB recruits just seem to value their developed relationships with coaches and friends/competitors more so than the males. For this reason I kind of sense that Boston might be one of those kids that is maybe dreading having to say no to all but one school. Maybe not but I've known several of those type of kids. They like most everything about several of the schools recruiting them and have a hard time pulling the trigger. A lot of times, besides the academics it boils down to where they feel the most confident about getting some PT.

you could be right but in Boston's case she is as close to guaranteed playing time as any recruit I can think of in recent times...........UConn simply doesn't have another low post player on the roster like her............that's simply not the case with Notre Dame or Louisville or other schools that she might be considering...........there must be something else that's holding up her decision

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice the great myths being fraudulently perpetrated here?
Myth: Boston is hesitating to commit to UCONN.
Reality: Of the top 10 ESPN ranked kids in the class of 2019 only 3 (Brunelle, Owusu, & Oliver) have verbally committed to a school.

Aliyah please take as much time as you need and ignore this fountain of misinformation. You are immensely talented and this cannot be a easy decision.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
exactly my point......what kind of timetable does she need if she's already decided she's going to UConn? As far as I'm concerned she simply has not made up her mind.....
The only commitment that matters is the one in the fall when a recruit signs a LOI. Verbal commitments are nice, but as we learned with Charlie Collier, they’re not worth the paper they’re not written on.

Reaction Score
exactly my point......what kind of timetable does she need if she's already decided she's going to UConn? As far as I'm concerned she simply has not made up her mind.....
Perhaps her concerns differ from yours. She might, for example, wish to live in the present, enjoy her high school experience, and not be seen only as "the UCONN girl" . I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that none of that matters to you.

Reaction Score

While she may not have made her choice I'd guess that UConn is out front and Boston is just waiting to see if another school can make a better case.

Reaction Score
Perhaps her concerns differ from yours. She might, for example, wish to live in the present, enjoy her high school experience, and not be seen only as "the UCONN girl" . I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that none of that matters to you.

Being the father of two high school age daughters, one of whom is going through the college recruiting process, I'd like to think I could empathize with Ms Boston.............frankly, I don't think she'd be too "victimized" whether she was a "UConn girl" or a "Notre Dame girl"............I just think she hasn't made up her mind yet...........that's been my point all along.........

Reaction Score
While she may not have made her choice I'd guess that UConn is out front and Boston is just waiting to see if another school can make a better case.
Always have been amused at some that believe they can put themselves inside a 16 or 17 year old's head and predict their thoughts.

Reaction Score
The only commitment that matters is the one in the fall when a recruit signs a LOI. Verbal commitments are nice, but as we learned with Charlie Collier, they’re not worth the paper they’re not written on.

that's true........if she does verbal to UConn let's just hope there aren't any hurricanes in New England any time soon.......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
that's true...if she does verbal to UConn let's just hope there aren't any hurricanes in New England any time soon..
I believe the hurricane was not the primary issue for Collier. She had verballed to TX, changed to UConn and then verballed back to TX. She was simply a young lady who struggled to make the biggest decision of her life. In the end, friends and family persuaded her to stay home. The hurricane was a ready-made excuse to rescind her commitment to Geno.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe the hurricane was not the primary issue for Collier. She had verballed to TX, changed to UConn and then verballed back to TX. She was simply a young lady who struggled to make the biggest decision of her life. In the end, friends and family persuaded her to stay home. The hurricane was a ready-made excuse to rescind her commitment to Geno.
Charli has stated that it was the death of her father had the greatest impact on her decision to stay closer to home.
"My mom, she's a single mother, and I felt like being with her, being with my family, that's what I need. That's my support group," Collier said. "I want my family to be able to watch me play, and I want to watch my brother grow and play high school football."
No. 2 prospect Charli Collier wants to stay close to home and play for Texas Longhorns

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom