2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 144 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we might see Haley Jones, Cameron Brink, Paige Beuckers, and Azzi Fudd player together at Stanford.

Is Stanford even in on Beuckers and Fudd? I think they would be thrilled to get one of Jones or Brink, the 'Furd getting all 4 is just short of impossible I think.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's correct. Only one school is getting all four and it ain't Stanford...
I'd amend that by saying only one team is capable of getting all four, and it sure ain't Stanford.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2019 Aubrey Griffin down to two:

Louisville and UConn

But has no offer from UConn...

She has narrowed her college choices to a pair of national powers: Louisville and Connecticut.

Adrian Griffin believes he knows which road his daughter will pedal.

"She has her heart set on UConn," he said, "and I don't doubt her. Pound for pound, she's the best athlete in the family."

But Griffin, who has a 3.4 GPA and is interested in studying psychology, said Louisville coaches have remained consistent, never wavering even after her injury.

UConn, meanwhile, joined the chase just this past fall and has yet to offer.

Griffin went to Storrs, Connecticut, on Feb. 12 and saw the Huskies defeat Louisville 69-58 while sitting behind the UConn bench.

Ossining girls' basketball star Aubrey Griffin riding high on the recruiting trail

newsincerity

New Sincerity
Reaction Score
That's correct. Only one school is getting all four and it ain't Stanford...

I've read Paige Bueckers is a straight-A student. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Stanford! In fact, if her playful exploits on social media are any indication, it seems she very much can imagine herself at Stanford.

Zd34e55.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, on top of having a probable offer, Ms. Jones now has an acceptance letter to Stanford?

Well, not that it was really ever in question, but we pretty much now know she can probably meet all of other her finalists' academic requirements.

Coach Tara already has landed the other local Class of '19 star, Hannah Jump, and how they're going after the big kahuna, so to speak.

This is going to be an interesting summer/early fall....:cool:;)
Stanford could very well sign a monster 2019 recruiting class. Already have two commitments from Colorado, and another Colorado prepster, 6'5 Ashten Prechtel, made an official visit to Stanford a few weeks ago. Prechtel is deciding between UCLA, Stanford, and Texas, and I believe completed official visits to all 3 schools the last few weeks.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Stanford could very well sign a monster 2019 recruiting class. Already have two commitments from Colorado, and another Colorado prepster, 6'5 Ashten Prechtel, made an official visit to Stanford a few weeks ago. Prechtel is deciding between UCLA, Stanford, and Texas, and I believe completed official visits to all 3 schools the last few weeks.

Agree that it could be a very strong class...Prospects Nation currently has it ranked as #5 in the country at this point in time. Land one of the players you describe and it could jump even higher. One minor tweak...Hannah Jump is from California and plays for one of Haley Jones' main HS rivals. Interestingly, she was born in England and plays for the English National Team.

Francesca Belibi
COLORADO, Class of 2019
POSITION/RANK F / 3
HEIGHT
6' 1"
#13 Overall (Prospects Nation)

Hannah Jump
CALIFORNIA, Class of 2019
POSITION/RANK G / 11
HEIGHT 5' 11"
#44 Overall

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Agree that it could be a very strong class...Prospects Nation currently has it ranked as #5 in the country at this point in time. Land one of the players you describe and it could jump even higher. One minor tweak...Hannah Jump is from California and plays for one of Haley Jones' main HS rivals. Interestingly, she was born in England and plays for the English National Team.

Francesca Belibi
COLORADO, Class of 2019
POSITION/RANK F / 3
HEIGHT
6' 1"
#13 Overall (Prospects Nation)

Hannah Jump
CALIFORNIA, Class of 2019
POSITION/RANK G / 11
HEIGHT 5' 11"
#44 Overall
I was talking about their point guard commitment from Colorado, Jana Van Gytenbeek

Discovery Canyon's Ashten Prechtel names top 3 schools amid USA Basketball tryouts | Gazette Preps

Dillon77

Reaction Score
the usual sterling write ups on Caitlin Clark and Paige Bueckers

Summer Jam Notes (Part 1 of 5)

On Clark, Chuck Thompson writes:
"She has a gift for creativity and some of the passes, passing angles, and delivery styles will leave you scratching your head how she pulls them off. She is a modern name Pistol Pete with the ball."

A colleague at McGraw's Bench pointed out that now Clark and Bueckers have both been compared to the one with floppy grey socks.

And from his notes of the same tourney, Keil Moore at Prospects Nation is now drawing comparisons between Clark and Sabrina Ionescu:
"Similar to Oregon guard Sabrina Ionescu, her offensive impact on the game puts her in an elite class of playmaker ... She can step up and make a big jumper or throw a 25-foot bounce pass finding a teammate for a layup."

Maravich. Ionescu. Pretty heady company for Ms. Clark. :cool:

Reaction Score
On Clark, Chuck Thompson writes:
"She has a gift for creativity and some of the passes, passing angles, and delivery styles will leave you scratching your head how she pulls them off. She is a modern name Pistol Pete with the ball."

A colleague at McGraw's Bench pointed out that now Clark and Bueckers have both been compared to the one with floppy grey socks.

And from his notes of the same tourney, Keil Moore at Prospects Nation is now drawing comparisons between Clark and Sabrina Ionescu:
"Similar to Oregon guard Sabrina Ionescu, her offensive impact on the game puts her in an elite class of playmaker ... She can step up and make a big jumper or throw a 25-foot bounce pass finding a teammate for a layup."

Maravich. Ionescu. Pretty heady company for Ms. Clark. :cool:

I know some of the ND folks think you're getting both Clark and Bueckers...........personally Clark seems the more likely of the two simply based on her family's strong religious leanings..............certainly the two could coexist but I kind of doubt Bueckers would want to share the same stage..........she seems the type to want to pilot her own team to victory.........

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I know some of the ND folks think you're getting both Clark and Bueckers......personally Clark seems the more likely of the two simply based on her family's strong religious leanings....certainly the two could coexist but I kind of doubt Bueckers would want to share the same stage.....she seems the type to want to pilot her own team to victory....

You know how some folks get: when given a choice of A or B, check "C - all of the above!"

Tend to agree with the co-exist observation: while they could (and have) worked together, I think both are more comfortable running the kitchen, so to speak.

What makes this interesting from ND's vantage point -- as I think you've posted on -- is that the Irish have Jordan Nixon on campus as I type and Anaya Peoples joining in 2019. How many point guards does it take to.....(fill in your favorite activity)?

It's ironic: MM and Niele have gone from a squad that had a "lead" guard at point in 2017-18; and, now -- for 2019 and 2020 -- are looking at guards who are most certainly point guards. Could be a case of:
- figuring it might be easier to go "off ball" than "on ball";
- those are just the best guards out there, period; and/or,
- they're so good, you've got to have Plan A, B, C....

As I wrote on the Bench: Bueckers, Clark. Potato, potaaato. Can't go wrong either way. ;) I think both of them, along with Van Lith, will make some folks very happy in the 2020 recruiting year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know how some folks get: when given a choice of A or B, check "C - all of the above!"

Tend to agree with the co-exist observation: while they could (and have) worked together, I think both are more comfortable running the kitchen, so to speak.

What makes this interesting from ND's point -- as I think you've pointed out -- is that the Irish have Jordan Nixon on campus as I type and Anaya Peoples joining in 2019. How many point guards does it take to.....(fill in your favorite activity).

It's ironic that MM and Niele have gone from a squad that had at "lead" guard, they're now -- for 2019 and 2020 -- looking at a guards who are most certainly point. Could be a case of:
- figuring it might be easier to go "off ball" than "on ball";
- those are just the best guards out there, period; and/or
- they're so good, you've got to have Plan A, B, C....

As I wrote on the Bench: Bueckers, Clark, Potato, potaaato. Can't go wrong either way. ;) I think both of them, along with Van Lith, will make some folks very happy that recruiting year.

yes indeed, ND will have a wealth of talent at the guard position already.................adding one of the two will be the cherry on top..............adding both might cause a bit of an upset stomach............

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I kind of doubt Bueckers would want to share the same stage

Aren't many on the BY hoping for both Bueckers and Van Lith? How would that be any different than Bueckers and Clark playing together?

Reaction Score
Aren't many on the BY hoping for both Bueckers and Van Lith? How would that be any different than Bueckers and Clark playing together?

I would love that but I assume each point guard would want to run their own team..............

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I would love that but I assume each point guard would want to run their own team....

I have absolutely no idea which direction any of these players are leaning. I've seen it suggested a Bueckers/Van Lith pairing could be somewhat like Taurasi and Bird (of course they weren't part of the same class so D had 2 years after Bird left). I think I do prefer the idea of Bueckers, Van Lith and Clark each choosing a different school to spread the wealth.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have absolutely no idea which direction any of these players are leaning. I've seen it suggested a Bueckers/Van Lith pairing could be somewhat like Taurasi and Bird (of course they weren't part of the same class so D had 2 years after Bird left). I think I do prefer the idea of Bueckers, Van Lith and Clark each choosing a different school to spread the wealth.
:eek: Spreading the wealth would be bad for WCBB. UCONN dominance good for WCBB.

Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews, PG, rated #4 ESPN does not seem to get much discussion on the BY as we talk about Bueckers and Van Lith. What do we know about this Texas kid. Our last PG from Texas wasn't too shabby.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews, PG, rated #4 ESPN does not seem to get much discussion on the BY as we talk about Bueckers and Van Lith. What do we know about this Texas kid. Our last PG from Texas wasn't too shabby.

Recently offered by the Tennessee. Has offers from A&M and Texas I believe.. not sure about Baylor. SC is interested (coaches have seen her play several times in the past) but I'm not sure if we offered yet. Not aware of any UConn interest at this time.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She attended Texas' summer camp for the second straight year. She and Hannah Gusters are very close friends based on social media; and, both play on the same Nike club team as 2020 Texas commit, Deja Kelly.

NOTE: Sarah is the "short" one standing next to Coach Aston.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She attended Texas' summer camp for the second straight year. She and Hannah Gusters are very close friends based on social media; and, both play on the same Nike club team as 2020 Texas commit, Deja Kelly.

NOTE: Sarah is the "short" one standing next to Coach Aston.

Who is on the other side of Karen, and how tall is she?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom