2018 Recruiting

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
2010 #5 Kaneisha Horn picked Alabama
2013 #2 Kaela Davis picked GA Tech
2015 #3Jessica Shepard pick Nebraska

True, but there are some caveats there:
- Kaela Davis was living 30 miles away from Ga. Tech when she chose it, so proximity issues. Plus Ga. Tech always seems to "be on the verge."
- Jessica Shepard was a life-long Nebraskan and Cornhusker fan who committed very early.
Plus, at the time, Coach Connie Yori was getting her team into either the NCAA or NIT.
- I have no idea about Alabama

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The recruiting picture short term results are troubling. We have two players from last year and two players from this year's class that can not keep up with pace. They do not have athletic speed as part of their makeup. This is future core of our team playing against Texas and South Carolina in two years? Shea Ralph and Chris Daily are charge of recruiting so they know better.
Do you agree?
Welcome.
No I don't agree. Who is this "we"?
UCONN "pace" is not your ordinary run of the mill pace. Very few 1st year players in the program achieve that pace. Can we give them a scrimmage before "WE" decide what the can't do?
How about we play Texas and South Carolina this year before we worry about two years from now.
Recruiting at UCONN is a collaborative effort among the staff, not sure why you are trying to lay "troubling results" on Shea and CD.
UCONN's recruiting picture is just fine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2010 #5 Kaneisha Horn picked Alabama
2013 #2 Kaela Davis picked GA Tech
2015 #3Jessica Shepard pick Nebraska
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single top 5-10 prospect who chose a mediocre program close to home over a national powerhouse.
2009 #2 Kelsey Bone picked South Carolina
2013#1 Mercedes Russell picked TN
2017 # 2 Evina Westbrook picked TN

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Man, quit being such a worrywart.

There is less than a one percent chance of her being a blue devil next year

Really? I actually think Duke is one of the favorites here.

Reaction Score
True, but there are some caveats there:
- Kaela Davis was living 30 miles away from Ga. Tech when she chose it, so proximity issues. Plus Ga. Tech always seems to "be on the verge."
- Jessica Shepard was a life-long Nebraskan and Cornhusker fan who committed very early.
Plus, at the time, Coach Connie Yori was getting her team into either the NCAA or NIT.
- I have no idea about Alabama

Maybe not close to home for Davis, but she still could have pretty much went anywhere and pick Tech. Also I’ve seen internet chitchat that Olivia and her family had season tickets for UGA games, so it sounds like she could have grown up a life long fan of the program, but she’s remains unsure if she will even visit Georgia. In the end however I’ll go with Uconn, Duke or UGA for her college choice.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anybody have any insight or speculation regarding the 2018 recruiting class or (to be more specific) Christyn Williams, etc?
#Quest4Twelve
@FlyRyGuy was just wondering, it has been 8 pages and 184 post since you requested "insight" or speculation. I see 184 post of the latter variety and none of the former. You?

Reaction Score
@FlyRyGuy was just wondering, it has been 8 pages and 184 post since you requested "insight" or speculation. I see 184 post of the latter variety and none of the former. You?

no further insight to be had as far as I'm concerned........we sit and wait until Nov 10...........I will speculate....... how is she going to let us know..........is it going to be hats, t-shirts balloons, musical chairs......a laser light show?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
no further insight to be had as far as I'm concerned...we sit and wait until Nov 10......I will speculate.. how is she going to let us know.....is it going to be hats, t-shirts balloons, musical chairs.a laser light show?
Based on some of the previous "speculation" it will be by subliminal messages via twitter.

Reaction Score
The recruiting picture short term results are troubling. We have two players from last year and two players from this year's class that can not keep up with pace. They do not have athletic speed as part of their makeup. This is future core of our team playing against Texas and South Carolina in two years? Shea Ralph and Chris Daily are charge of recruiting so they know better.
Do you agree?
Curious comment. Has there ever been a past Frosh who was able to immediately, Day One of practice, "keep up with the pace?" Even my favorite Huskie ever, Stewie, had a number of questions until she won MVP in playoffs.

Fishbone

Chief Lurker
Reaction Score
Curious comment. Has there ever been a past Frosh who was able to immediately, Day One of practice, "keep up with the pace?" Even my favorite Huskie ever, Stewie, had a number of questions until she won MVP in playoffs.
I remember that Maya was game ready as a freshman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
anybody we know?

Looks like a very nice restaurant, nice enough for Duke graduates to be the waiters. :eek:

images

Reaction Score
Welcome.
No I don't agree. Who is this "we"?
UCONN "pace" is not your ordinary run of the mill pace. Very few 1st year players in the program achieve that pace. Can we give them a scrimmage before "WE" decide what the can't do?
How about we play Texas and South Carolina this year before we worry about two years from now.
Recruiting at UCONN is a collaborative effort among the staff, not sure why you are trying to lay "troubling results" on Shea and CD.
UCONN's recruiting picture is just fine.

Good suggestion: I'd modify it a bit. Any player Uconn MAY think of recruiting must take on Uconn Sophs. If they lose, next 5. \
Also Shea and Marisa are responsible for recruiting. If they can't do better fire them. If they can't bring home a big or 3 this or next year they are gone.
The way the recruiting works (as it was told) Shea and Marisa do the ground work view and report. If potential Geno or Chris take a look, if good then Geno gets serious.
The recruiting picture is terrible. Did you see it? The first 10 minutes were interesting but the final wrap up left a lot to be desired. \
I have lived through what some consider the "bad times" and great times: I have found a lot to enjoy in either mode. If one is a Uconn fan we don't walk away if Geno doesn't win the the next NC, Elite 8, he always makes the NCAA--what other team has as many entries? I only get disappointed for our kids should Uconn lose.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No he is just repeating a variation of Geno' words. which compared Uconn grad waiters to Duke grad waiters--and Duke went to better joints.
I was just messing with CoCo H.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont think UConn will end up with no recruits out of the class of 2018 and judging from who's left CW and Nelson Odada I like our chances of having at least one if not both. I saw comments about UConn not having any recruits in the 2018 class. Well I doubt we go empty handed with these two left. Im smiling

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I dont think UConn will end up with no recruits out of the class of 2018 and judging from who's left CW and Nelson Odada I like our chances of having at least one if not both. I saw comments about UConn not having any recruits in the 2018 class. Well I doubt we go empty handed with these two left. Im smiling

If UConn can get these two highly coveted top 5 (#1 & #5 - 2018 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100)
recruits, it would be a huge get for the Huskies and some coaches in a certain BB office could breathe a sigh of relief. Christmas in November (gifts). :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom