2018 Recruiting | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller with a piece on the remaining 2018 recruits and a brief mention of two 2019 recruits (Boston and Brunelle).

However, with the early signing period underway, UConn doesn't have a commitment after Charli Collier decommitted from UConn and is set to be a headliner in the Texas recruiting class. I don't anticipate it being that way for much longer.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa, the No. 5 player in the ESPN rankings and No. 7 by Prospects Nation, is planning to make her announcement at her high school as is Williams. I reached out to Nelson-Ododa's high school coach and Kimberly Garren said, "there has not been a date set yet, but we will be doing something at school when she does."

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: Pretty quiet on UConn recruiting front - for now

Reaction Score
That line jumped out at me as well. Maybe he has heard(off the record) from Coach Auriemma that they are in good position for at least one of the two?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Curious that Fuller tried to get a read on ONO, but decided not to bother CW. If he got some off the record insight from Geno on CW, he may also have been told not to bother Williams until after she announces her decision.

Fingers crossed

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That line jumped out at me as well. Maybe he has heard(off the record) from Coach Auriemma that they are in good position for at least one of the two?
That's usually what stuff like that means. Given we have nothing concrete, all we can do is speculate, and the way he writes it, it almost sounds as if there is confidence regarding ONO, and he was calling ONO's coach to see if she would confirm what he "heard". I'd be thrilled if we got one. You don't want to know what I'd do if we got both! ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's usually what stuff like that means. Given we have nothing concrete, all we can do is speculate, and the way he writes it, it almost sounds as if there is confidence regarding ONO, and he was calling ONO's coach to see if she would confirm what he "heard". I'd be thrilled if we got one. You don't want to know what I'd do if we got both! ;)
Sure I do. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Me too :)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville
Jim Fuller understates: "This has been a rather interesting recruiting year at UConn."

Usually I am overly optimistic ... BUT ... I am worried UCONN will be shut out for 2018. Perhaps there is solace in: "I always view the recruiting process in two-year cycles as a small recruiting class in one year is almost always followed by a monster class so stay tuned." Jim Fuller

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Me too :)
latest

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know Raoul reads this board but he must not be paying attention. If he were paying attention he'd realize just how hard Geno has to work at recruiting. Geno had to work extra hard to extricate Megan Walker from the clutches of heavy favorite Notre Dame and then the late favorite Texas. Then for Christyn Williams, Geno had to work extra hard to overcome the odds and convince her to forego Austin and Columbia for Storrs.

In all seriousness, I think it's Raoul who needs the violins. He seems very unhappy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As Geno noted, they are hoping to hear from another recruit soon/this coming week (Olivia) and may have something happening in the spring (Eziyoda).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is not easy to play at UConn and only a very small group seem to have the physical and mental makeup to do it. Geno just doesn't look at the top 20 list, stroke their egos and make offers to them all.

Reaction Score
It is not easy to play at UConn and only a very small group seem to have the physical and mental makeup to do it. Geno just doesn't look at the top 20 list, stroke their egos and make offers to them all.

Aka Baylor.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone have any leads on Soares? Or where she might go? It’s not easy finding information about her on Goggle, and I believe she has moved from Texas to Washington.

Both her brother and sister play basketball at The Masters University in Santa Clarita California. I think she is better than her siblings but she may try and somewhere close to there.

The Master's University - Athletics

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As Geno noted, they are hoping to hear from another recruit soon/this coming week (Olivia) and may have something happening in the spring (Eziyoda).

I just caught that comment about maybe something happening in the spring. That would be Ezi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom