2018 Recruiting | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting

Reaction Score
Eiz could do great things at Uconn, but with Liv already coming in next season, I wouldn’t be shocked if she picks UCLA, where she would have a chance to start right away and play along side someone she knows. Horvat had a ok game vs Uconn, and I’m sure they talk about what UCLA is like and playing together.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Eiz could do great things at Uconn, but with Liv already coming in next season, I wouldn’t be shocked if she picks UCLA, where she would have a chance to start right away and play along side someone she knows. Horvat had a ok game vs Uconn, and I’m sure they talk about what UCLA is like and playing together.

I could see Liv and Ezi both excelling while playing alongside each other.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I could see Liv and Ezi both excelling while playing alongside each other.
UCONN will have several people ( Crystal (2), or Christyn (4) or Megan (3), or KLS (1) , or Napheesa (1), Azura (1?) ) that can actually get those two the ball.
UCLA still has to find a replacement for Canada.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCONN will have several people ( Crystal (2), or Christyn (4) or Megan (3), or KLS (1) , or Napheesa (1), Azura (1?) ) that can actually get those two the ball.
UCLA still has to find a replacement for Canada.

Big shoes to fill and I don't see that player on the current roster or next season's projected roster. Maybe our resident bruin fan can fill us in on where UCLA goes next for its point guard. @wallman

Canada's alma mater, Windward School, has a pretty good 2019 pg, Charisma Osborne. She was at the UConn game and, btw, is now followed by Marisa Moseley on twitter.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What Cat said. Also, remember when UCONN landed the 3-headed monster? By their senior seasons, the differences in their games were on full display, and they worked incredibly well together (Cash, Jones, Williams) and along with Sue and Dee, were one of our great all time teams. I think Ezi and ONO have size similarities, but also differences in their games such that not only would they be successful on the court together, but actually thrive.

Reaction Score
Follow-up Q to Moore:

Horvat, also an Aussie and a good one, plays for UCLA. Tennessee really tried with Magbegor (HW was ready to travel to Australia to visit), but the Vols are not in the picture.

If I remember correctly, UConn had some early interest in Horvat but she chose UCLA rather quickly..........let's hope that doesn't happen again with the player in question............

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, UConn had some early interest in Horvat but she chose UCLA rather quickly.....let's hope that doesn't happen again with the player in question..

UConn's interest in Horvat was late, not early. The interest was too late to matter. By the time UConn showed interest Horvat to UCLA was a foregone conclusion. Her father very much wanted her at UCLA.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Canada's alma mater, Windward School, has a pretty good 2019 pg, Charisma Osborne. She was at the UConn game and, btw, is now followed by Marisa Moseley on twitter.

Been assumed for a while that Osborne was headed to UCLA. Be interesting if UConn were in on her. She's #11 at PN.

Reaction Score
UConn's interest in Horvat was late, not early. The interest was too late to matter. By the time UConn showed interest Horvat to UCLA was a foregone conclusion. Her father very much wanted her at UCLA.

ohhh........right..........didn't one of the Australian WNBA players try to steer her towards UConn or vice versa?

Reaction Score
A 2019 PG for UCONN though?

The PG's i 2019 UConn had showed early interest in like People's verbally committed and Cooke they have backed off. No offer to Cooke while all the other top schools on her list offered. UConn wants Beuckers in 2020 thus the early offer. They don't typically sign elite PG's back to back years. Also, 2020 class is loaded with top PG's so UConn can keep others on the radar if they don't think they will get Bueckers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The PG's i 2019 UConn had showed early interest in like People's verbally committed and Cooke they have backed off. No offer to Cooke while all the other top schools on her list offered. UConn wants Beuckers in 2020 thus the early offer. They don't typically sign elite PG's back to back years. Also, 2020 class is loaded with top PG's so UConn can keep others on the radar if they don't think they will get Bueckers.
Well aware of most of this except that it was Peoples that showed interest in UCONN not the other way around. My peeps have also yet to confirm that UCONN has lost interest in Cooke. Everyone wants Beuckers not just UCONN. "Typically" elite PG are not available in back to back years thus the term elite. As of today thanks to @UConnCat Charisma Osborne is a 2019 PG of interest to UCONN. Two other Guards of interest in 2019: Leilani Correa said she received a letter from UCONN recently, no biggie mabybe UCONN sends out lots of letters but she seemed really excited about a UCONN letter. Celeste Taylor is being encouraged by some people she knows very well to at least go visit UCONN. ND is high on Celeste's list so wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Bldg this weekend.

Reaction Score
Well aware of most of this except that it was Peoples that showed interest in UCONN not the other way around. My peeps have also yet to confirm that UCONN has lost interest in Cooke. Everyone wants Beuckers not just UCONN. "Typically" elite PG are not available in back to back years thus the term elite. As of today thanks to @UConnCat Charisma Osborne is a 2019 PG of interest to UCONN. Two other Guards of interest in 2019: Leilani Correa said she received a letter from UCONN recently, no biggie mabybe UCONN sends out lots of letters but she seemed really excited about a UCONN letter. Celeste Taylor is being encouraged by some people she knows very well to at least go visit UCONN. ND is high on Celeste's list so wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Bldg this weekend.

Celeste father is a poster on one of the Texas boards, and I believe went to Texas, with the way some of there younger guards has looked early, I could see Celeste at Texas.

Reaction Score

Osborne is not that elite, when has UConn settled for the 5th or 6th best PG in a class? UConn goes and gets the 1st or 2nd PG's in a class or just takes a pass that year. Even more so with the class of 2020 PG glut Taylor is not a PG and UConn has more than enough shooting or off guards in the cue, same with Correa. Taylor's list of 7 is Stanford, Tx, TN, SC. ND, OSU, Vandy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Osborne is not that elite, when has UConn settled for the 5th or 6th best PG in a class?
The Huskies are like wolves & not concerned with the opinions of the sheep. UCONN doesn't settle for anything nor are they concerned with who you or I or ESPN or anybody considers the 5th or 6th or 10th or 30th best PG in the class. Eg., Molly Bent was recruited as a PG.

Reaction Score
The Huskies are like wolves & not concerned with the opinions of the sheep. UCONN doesn't settle for anything nor are they concerned with who you or I or ESPN or anybody considers the 5th or 6th or 10th or 30th best PG in the class. Eg., Molly Bent was recruited as a PG.

So to summarize your blathering. nonsense and unsuccessful attempt to BS to avoid the actual answer. The answer is UConn never chooses a 5th or 6th ranked PG to run the program...not Crystal. Moriah, Bird, etc... Bent was never intended to be more than a squad player, everyone knows that , Geno knows that, she knows that. she's not even doing that well as she has made zero progress from last year and will be passed by all if not most of the Frosh. Bent will not see any significant minutes in future years with Crystal 1 class ahead.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Who knows if there is really interest in Osborne, but Prospect Nation has her ranked #11 overall in 2019 and #3 point guard behind Peoples and Horston.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So to summarize your blathering. nonsense and unsuccessful attempt to BS to avoid the actual answer. The answer is UConn never chooses a 5th or 6th ranked PG to run the program...not Crystal. Moriah, Bird, etc... Bent was never intended to be more than a squad player, everyone knows that , Geno knows that, she knows that. she's not even doing that well as she has made zero progress from last year and will be passed by all if not most of the Frosh. Bent will not see any significant minutes in future years with Crystal 1 class ahead.
What were you saying about blathering?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who knows if there is really interest in Osborne, but Prospect Nation has her ranked #11 overall in 2019 and #3 point guard behind Peoples and Horston.
I don't know is #3 PG "ELITE" enough for UCONN? :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Osborne is not that elite, when has UConn settled for the 5th or 6th best PG in a class? UConn goes and gets the 1st or 2nd PG's in a class or just takes a pass that year. Even more so with the class of 2020 PG glut Taylor is not a PG and UConn has more than enough shooting or off guards in the cue, same with Correa. Taylor's list of 7 is Stanford, Tx, TN, SC. ND, OSU, Vandy.
You are aware that Sue was not actually the highest ranked PG in her recruiting class at Uconn, right? Fortunately she recovered from her injuries to play three full years while the higher ranked never was able to play a season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are aware that Sue was not actually the highest ranked PG in her recruiting class at Uconn, right? Fortunately she recovered from her injuries to play three full years while the higher ranked never was able to play a season.
PN1_LowRes.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom