2018 Recruiting | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Magbegor has been named to a preliminary Opals squad in preparation for the Commonwealth Games in Australia in April. The Opals will have a training camp in Italy in February and probably play some games as well.

I expect Magbegor to make the Opals for the World Cup in Spain in September 2018. When I think about foreign players and their national team commitments during the school year I think about how difficult that is to manage. Then I think about Kia Nurse playing for Canada in her first World Championship in September/October 2014 in Turkey and missing school. UConn does have experience managing this type of thing.

No specific days for the Opals training camp in Italy but the reports are it will be held in early February. With the trip from Australia to the east coast halfway done, perhaps Ezi will cross the pond and visit UConn.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My memory is that Bird was considered a combo or 2 guard coming into college.

BlueStar rankings from back then (guards)

4. Kelly Komara (Purdue)
12. Krista Gingrich (Duke)
13. Keirsten Walters (UCONN)
14. Tamara Moore (Wisconsin)
15. Lauren St. Clair (Stanford)
16. Sondra Johnson (Alabama)
17. Shawn Gortman (S. Carolina)
18. Suzanne Bird (UCONN)

As an aside, for those that don't remember, UCONN's TASSK Force class that year also included #1 Tamika Williams, #2 Swin Cash and #6 Asjha Jones.
1, 2, 6, 13, 18, not bad eh?
Absolutely. One of the great all time recruiting classes. Someone should put a poll out there for people to vote for the best recruiting class ever - not taking into consideration kids who left (EDD, Hayes, Doty and Buck would be near the top for example)...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation places Magbegor atop their newly formed list of international players for 2018.

Ezi, Ezi, Ezi. The big story with the 2018 international class is Ezi Magbegor, the dynamic post player from Australia who sits in the No. 1 spot of our 2018 rankings. It is still unclear whether Magbegor will come to the United States or not, but what is clear is if she does end up on a college campus next season she will make an immediate impact.

International ELITE 25 For 2018 | Prospects Nation

2018 International Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Prospects Nation places Magbegor atop their newly formed list of international players for 2018.

Ezi, Ezi, Ezi. The big story with the 2018 international class is Ezi Magbegor, the dynamic post player from Australia who sits in the No. 1 spot of our 2018 rankings. It is still unclear whether Magbegor will come to the United States or not, but what is clear is if she does end up on a college campus next season she will make an immediate impact.

International ELITE 25 For 2018 | Prospects Nation

2018 International Ranked Players | Prospects Nation
Ezi says her main goal is to play in the Olympics. What do Olympians Sue Bird, Asjha Jones, Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart, Svetlana Abrosimova, and Kia Nurse have in common?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ezi says her main goal is to play in the Olympics. What do Olympians Sue Bird, Asjha Jones, Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart, Svetlana Abrosimova, and Kia Nurse have in common?
You are missing a name or two so I going to give you a research project as home work. Or I might allow you to use a life line.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You are missing a name or two so I going to give you a research project as home work. Or I might allow you to use a life line.
Rebecca Lobo at least, but I was looking at recent history (2012 and later except for Sveta).

Darn! I forgot Dr. Swintayla Marie Cash!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo at least, but I was looking at recent history (2012 and later except for Sveta).
You are almost recovered but still missing at least one other.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

You are almost recovered but still missing at least one other.
@MilfordHusky did you give up? Do you want to use that life line?
UCONN WBB Players to Play in the Olympics:
Sue Bird, Asjha Jones, Diana Taurasi, Swim Cash, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Breanna Stewart, Svetlana Abrosimova, Kia Nurse, Rebecca Lobo.

Who is missing from the list?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ezi Magbegor had 10 points (5-7 fg), 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 13+ minutes today.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After a few nondescript games, Ezi Magbegor had 13 points on 6-9 shooting and 7 rebounds in 16 minutes today (12/29).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After a few nondescript games, Ezi Magbegor had 13 points on 6-9 shooting and 7 rebounds in 16 minutes today (12/29).

Last game of the WNBL season for Ezi and her team, the UC Capitals, which did not make the playoffs. Next up: Opals training camp in Italy in February and decisions on her future.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Magbegor has signed with the Diamond Valley Eagles for the upcoming SEABL season. The UC Capitals would love to have her back for another campaign, though the lure of college looms large. Blue-chip programs like UCLA, UConn and Oregon are all reportedly interested in recruiting Magbegor, though she has been able to avoid getting caught up in the hype.

“My main focus was on the WNBL and not to stress over (college recruitment) or what I would do in the second half of the year. It was something I was able to put to the back of my mind.”

If she needs any advice on life as a college baller, she need look no further than brother Ovie, who has taken up a scholarship with the University of West Georgia.

“We talk quite a bit” Magbegor says of her sibling. “He found it a bit hard to adjust at the start because he went over not knowing anyone."
"But he’s settled in now and I can just tell when I speak to him that he’s more comfortable. Now that the season has started, he’s enjoying the experience.”

WNBL: Ezi Magbegor is your rookie of the year

Reaction Score
the only Ezi Magbegor info I'm interested in at this point is her flight number to JFK or Newark Airport............

Reaction Score
I'm interested in her limo itinerary from Bradley to Storrs,you know,the one where she is accompanied by D.T.,Maya,and the presidents of both Burger King and ESPN.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman