2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work!

Reaction Score
I’ve been a long time Sergio hater. He rode Seve’s coattails and never lived up to Seve’s shadow, yet didn’t mind gloating in Ryder Cups. All show, no game.

Watching him drop ball after ball in the drink on that stage was sweet. Screw that guy.

My favorite Sergio moment was the U.S. open at Bethpage Black. He was re gripping on every drive a dozen times and the lawn guy land crowd started counting them out loud. P'd him off. Made me laugh.

Didn't want him winning last year at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ve been a long time Sergio hater. He rode Seve’s coattails and never lived up to Seve’s shadow, yet didn’t mind gloating in Ryder Cups. All show, no game.

Watching him drop ball after ball in the drink on that stage was sweet. Screw that guy.

I just hate him for pace of play.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sergio made me decide to keep my clubs.

My quiet pal Hoffman lurks. If he is in any kind of position on Sunday, don’t ignore him. Still think one of the young guns wins, but it would be cool if Freddie Couples sticks around for awhile. He needs a sub par round tomorrow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spieth looks untouchable. He may be suffering putting from distance this year, but if the irons are on and you flag approaches, you make a ton of birdies.

I picked JT for my one-and-done. He needs to get it together. Lots of names at +1 and 2 - should make for an interesting Fri/Sat

Not ready to coronate Spieth yet. He has his own demons laying around Sunday afternoon.

Anyone +2 or better has a chance.

Really liked Rory and Ricky today. I wouldn't bet a nickel on Ricky but he played well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

My quiet pal Hoffman lurks. If he is in any kind of position on Sunday, don’t ignore him. Still think one of the young guns wins, but it would be cool if Freddie Couples sticks around for awhile. He needs a sub par round tomorrow.

Charley has the game where the moment won't be bigger than his ability. Still love his comment last year to his caddy (I think it was Canadian Open) when they were discussing distance and probability and Charley said straight up "I'm trying to win". He picked the club, hit the shot and won the tourney. Gotta like that attitude.

Reaction Score
My “most cumulative prize money won” pool picks are Patrick Reed, Justin Rose, and Bubba Watson—with Reed picked to win it all.
Biggest surprise is Tony Finau
Biggest choke artist is Dustin Johnson.

Reaction Score
My “most cumulative prize money won” pool picks are Patrick Reed, Justin Rose, and Bubba Watson—with Reed picked to win it all.
Biggest surprise is Tony Finau
Biggest choke artist is Dustin Johnson.
Well, MAYBE Sergio should be considered for biggest choke...

Reaction Score

Freddie is one of my all time faves, the problem for him comes with the weekend tees/pins. He just doesn’t have the game in his bag.

Reaction Score
Well, MAYBE Sergio should be considered for biggest choke...
No doubt Sergio blew it with that anomaly on 15 but Dustin Johnson is in a different category. His World Ranking is #1, yet on the big stage he’s a flop. In addition to falling short with his golf performance he plays with a joyless, dour demeanor and thinks that edgy beard is an asset. Other than being married to his hot Gretzky wife-lol—he’s a loser.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Freddie is one of my all time faves, the problem for him comes with the weekend tees/pins. He just doesn’t have the game in his bag.
Yeah. I don’t think he contends. I just would like to see him make the weekend with a Sunday pm tee time.
He and Julie Boros are the 2 most relaxed top touring pros ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spieth and DJ both made the shot Sergio refused to make.

Spieth had to lay up due to not having a straight shot at pin. He chose to go 10 yards past the hole and draw it back to the pin.

DJ chunked an iron from 235 in to the water. He had to drop and took spin off the ball and hit it like a bean bag killing spin to within 5'.

Sergio's shot wasn't hard. You have to hit the correct shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I don’t think he contends. I just would like to see him make the weekend with a Sunday pm tee time.
He and Julie Boros are the 2 most relaxed top touring pros ever.

Julie was a local guy to Fairfield. My dad knew him pretty well. Played with a stogie. Classic old school. Won several majors.

Reaction Score
My favorite Sergio moment was the U.S. open at Bethpage Black. He was re gripping on every drive a dozen times and the lawn guy land crowd started counting them out loud. P'd him off. Made me laugh.

Didn't want him winning last year at all.

During the third round that year, he ducked into a porta-potty between holes. When he finished and started jogging to the next tee, someone in the gallery yelled out "Hey Sergio, how many waggles in there?"

Reaction Score
No doubt Sergio blew it with that anomaly on 15 but Dustin Johnson is in a different category. His World Ranking is #1, yet on the big stage he’s a flop. In addition to falling short with his golf performance he plays with a joyless, dour demeanor and thinks that edgy beard is an asset. Other than being married to his hot Gretzky wife-lol—he’s a loser.

You wish you could be such a loser.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
You know his thoughts on his beard? The beard is edgy? There are still three rounds to play and I wouldn't rule him out yet.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Good calls before the start from @UCfor3 taking Reed as his dark horse and @Vuce first to mention Lieshman. Strange day for sure, but the big guns are still in striking distance and if Reed or Leisman have a Spieth like day tomorrow, Sunday will be one packed leaderboard. Much cooler with rain tomorrow will definitely make things interesting. Greens may be holding better and should be a lot slower. Less run out on the fairways probably favors the longer hitters. I suspect the board will look much different tomorrow. Really liking Rory right now, although it would be really cool to see Reed distance himself further from the field.

Ahhhhh - I have no idea what to think or any idea about predictions. It's exciting though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good calls before the start from @UCfor3 taking Reed as his dark horse and @Vuce first to mention Lieshman. Strange day for sure, but the big guns are still in striking distance and if Reed or Leisman have a Spieth like day tomorrow, Sunday will be one packed leaderboard. Much cooler with rain tomorrow will definitely make things interesting. Greens may be holding better and should be a lot slower. Less run out on the fairways probably favors the longer hitters. I suspect the board will look much different tomorrow. Really liking Rory right now, although it would be really cool to see Reed distance himself further from the field.

Ahhhhh - I have no idea what to think or any idea about predictions. It's exciting though.

Rain tomorrow afternoon while most of the early players will be finishing and the leaders starting off. Someone who is +2 to +4 may sneak in a 65-66 and be sitting pretty good. Rain is bringing in a cold front behind it. Sunday will be rain free but temps will be in the 50's.

That being said, Reed and Lieshman going for their first major with Spieth, Rory and DJ in their rearview mirror. No pressure.

Reaction Score
Rain tomorrow afternoon while most of the early players will be finishing and the leaders starting off. Someone who is +2 to +4 may sneak in a 65-66 and be sitting pretty good. Rain is bringing in a cold front behind it. Sunday will be rain free but temps will be in the 50's.

That being said, Reed and Lieshman going for their first major with Spieth, Rory and DJ in their rearview mirror. No pressure.
Neither Reed nor Leishman will win.....you heard it here first.

Reaction Score
The in game Masters commercials always made me realize the best month in sports was coming to a close, so the masters makes me sad. I can not care about this.

Reaction Score
I know you try hard but you are just an awful poster. Makes me sad.
I wish I cared about what you said, really I do. come back when you have something of substance to add..I know, a tall order. Best wishes.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

My man Charlie is playing rope a dope. Hoffman goes low. Maybe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom