2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work!

Reaction Score
They were all wielding their putters today.

The tee shots are very benign even for a person deep in to their AARP years.

Fortunate to have been to Par 3 tourney twice. Players don't even have to think about their shots. It's built for days like today where fans can emwatch their golf heroes rekindle memories of 30 years ago while hanging with their families.

Went once to the Par 3 great to see the players having so much fun and relaxed on the course.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. This Masters is solely about Tiger being in position to make a magical run. Nothing else.

And the young blood on tour needs to see what Tiger can do to the golf world when he's dialed in and in range during the weekend at Augusta.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Time to weigh in on this years Masters.

Odds to win as of today:
Spieth 10:1
McIlroy 10:1
Justin Thomas 12:1
Dustin Johnson 12:1
Tiger 14:1
Justin Rose 14:1
Bubba 18:1
Jason Day 18:1
Phil 20:1
Rickie 22:1
Jon Rahm 25:1
Paul Casey 25:1
Sergio 33:1
Hideki 33:1
Stenson 40:1

I think Spieth, Tiger, Rose and Rickie are a little over valued and Bubba, Phil, Rahm, and Casey are undervalued.

My prediction, McIlroy and Dustin in the final pair on Sunday with Rory making Dustin meltdown.

I'll take Rory with Spieth as runner up from the 3rd to the last group.

My hunch is that Jason Day finally pulls out a win at Augusta.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Will Hoffman be in play? Entirely possible. I don’t think he wins, but the least glamorous guy on the tour (that’s a mouthful) is easy to overlook.

Reaction Score
Bubba, McIlroy. Dark Horse: Brian Harman. Lefties fare well on that course.

Tiger....No thanks. His putting is as good as it has ever been, his problem is driver, and it is in his head. Iron off of 72d at Innisbrook when he needed birdie to tie, cannot play that way at August.

Reaction Score
They were all wielding their putters today.

The tee shots are very benign even for a person deep in to their AARP years.

Fortunate to have been to Par 3 tourney twice. Players don't even have to think about their shots. It's built for days like today where fans can emwatch their golf heroes rekindle memories of 30 years ago while hanging with their families.
Those greens were pretty fast. And Jack had at least 1 sandy. Missed the first few holes...

Reaction Score
He was as good or better than Jack but certainly has proven very little since his comeback other than he can compete. But a major is another step so here’s his first chance. His short game has been great so inaccurate on his putting.
IMO Nicklaus was the greatest ever, 18 majors and an astounding 19 2nd place finishes against players like Trevino, Palmer, Gary Player, Tom Watson, Tony Lema, Ray Floyd, Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, and many others. His competition from the top twenty players in his day was off the charts. Tiger was a great when he first came up but I don't think he could have accomplished what Nicklaus did.

Reaction Score
IMO Nicklaus was the greatest ever, 18 majors and an astounding 19 2nd place finishes against players like Trevino, Palmer, Gary Player, Tom Watson, Tony Lema, Ray Floyd, Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, and many others. His competition from the top twenty players in his day was off the charts. Tiger was a great when he first came up but I don't think he could have accomplished what Nicklaus did.

Absent the injuries and personal breakdown, he would have accomplished what Jack did and more. The argument always comes up about who played in a better era. Tiger had more good players on the tour (a lot more) in his prime (i.e. deeper fields), but Jack played against more great players (i.e. better at the top).

Reaction Score
Absent the injuries and personal breakdown, he would have accomplished what Jack did and more. The argument always comes up about who played in a better era. Tiger had more good players on the tour (a lot more) in his prime (i.e. deeper fields), but Jack played against more great players (i.e. better at the top).
But those ten or so great players Jack played against were the difference between him winning 18 majors or 30 majors. Tiger didn't have that kind of competition hot on his heels. Nicklaus had 19 second place finishes which Tiger isn't even close to. Tiger either won big when he was on or he was well back in the pack, and he certainly didn't play against the likes of Palmer, Trevino, Watson, or Player. Though I do agree that the overall field now is better than it was back in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's be honest. This Masters is solely about Tiger being in position to make a magical run. Nothing else.

And the young blood on tour needs to see what Tiger can do to the golf world when he's dialed in and in range during the weekend at Augusta.

Blah. Not watching to see Tiger. I think the air of invincibility is long gone. He's now 4 behind one of his group mates through 7. Leishman doesn't seem intimidated.

Reaction Score
The aura of invincibility is gone but you don't need that to win golf tournaments. People tend to downplay how good he is because people tend to compare the old Tiger with today's version. He was so far head of the field in his prime that even after a series of major injuries (knee, back) and a long layoff, he's still ranked outside of the top 100 after a few tournaments.

I think he's due for a win this year, not a major and probably not the Masters but he'll win one.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
In my pool I have 1) Rory 2) Rosie 3) Bubba. For many years we had a rule that no one could pick Tiger. That's how dominant he was.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Serg Cup.

Looking at 14 on #15.

I lost count if it was four or five in the drink because he refused to hit past the hole on the fly or take spin off the ball.

Reaction Score
What's the cut look like? Sergio is done but he has to stay until Sunday night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In my pool I have 1) Rory 2) Rosie 3) Bubba. For many years we had a rule that no one could pick Tiger. That's how dominant he was.

I have Rory and I’m terrible at golf pools so you are doomed.

He didn’t withdraw or get attacked by a wild animial so it’s an improvement over most weeks for me.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well, my first thought for the day is: Even though it's a few days away and things can happen, betting on Spieth not to be in the final pairing on Sunday is akin to advancing Pitt to the final four during the 2000s. It's a lesson you have to learn and stick to no matter what your heart or eye test says.

Rory is in a good place and I expect he'll be in play for the duration.

Dustin didn't have a great round today, but he's capable of dropping a couple of mid/low 60s and being right in the mix before he blows up on Sunday. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in one of the final 4 groups or so.

I suspect Tiger was overvalued as I said and he's about where he should be with this field and the intensity of this major.

Good call on the posters who mentioned Hoffman - he was definitely off my radar but he's definitely going to be a player.

I expect Phil will lose contact by the end of play on Saturday.

Watch Stenson - I have a funny feeling he's in this on the back nine on Sunday. Finau and Kuch have enough game to be there too.

LOL at Sergio and the line I just heard: "We learned a new word today, 'Octuple. That's a 13 on a par 5.'"

Hard to bet against Spieth but he's got some quality guys and will have to stay on top of things.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a long time Sergio hater. He rode Seve’s coattails and never lived up to Seve’s shadow, yet didn’t mind gloating in Ryder Cups. All show, no game.

Watching him drop ball after ball in the drink on that stage was sweet. Screw that guy.

Reaction Score
Well, my first thought for the day is: Even though it's a few days away and things can happen, betting on Spieth not to be in the final pairing on Sunday is akin to advancing Pitt to the final four during the 2000s. It's a lesson you have to learn and stick to no matter what your heart or eye test says.

Rory is in a good place and I expect he'll be in play for the duration.

Dustin didn't have a great round today, but he's capable of dropping a couple of mid/low 60s and being right in the mix before he blows up on Sunday. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in one of the final 4 groups or so.

I suspect Tiger was overvalued as I said and he's about where he should be with this field and the intensity of this major.

Good call on the posters who mentioned Hoffman - he was definitely off my radar but he's definitely going to be a player.

I expect Phil will lose contact by the end of play on Saturday.

Watch Stenson - I have a funny feeling he's in this on the back nine on Sunday. Finau and Kuch have enough game to be there too.

LOL at Sergio and the line I just heard: "We learned a new word today, 'Octuple. That's a 13 on a par 5.'"

Hard to bet against Spieth but he's got some quality guys and will have to stay on top of things.
Finau is amazing. Popped his dislocated ankle back into place yesterday, and one of the leaders today. I thought I might hurl watching him do that yesterday.

Reaction Score
Spieth looks untouchable. He may be suffering putting from distance this year, but if the irons are on and you flag approaches, you make a ton of birdies.

I picked JT for my one-and-done. He needs to get it together. Lots of names at +1 and 2 - should make for an interesting Fri/Sat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom