2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Greg’s resume ain’t stuck on one massive choke.

Yep. Norman has a ton of chokes in majors, but has two Open Championships, a massive golf course design company which is really huge in Asia, clothing line, winery, etc. The man ain't lacking for cash or fame. He can pick and choose what he does.

Plus, at one point he had a yacht with a decompression chamber for use after scuba diving. That's pretty cool. I have no idea if he still has it, but back in 2005 it was a very nice piece of equipment.

Greg Norman Yacht

These were the toys he kept stored inside "Aussie Rules" for when you need to unwind from the main boat.

greg%20norman%20yacht%2002.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah, but Greg’s resume ain’t stuck on one massive choke.
Unfortunately that will always be the first thing people will remember when thinking of his Master's legacy. The second will be Larry Mize's chip-in in the playoff.

Reaction Score
You should have watched Phil and Sergio the past few days. And Tiger. A few head-scratchers.

Actually give Tiger credit yesterday to make the cut. It looked more like it was going to be double digits over par than where he ended up and if he made a couple putts on the back could've come back to +2 or 3. But how many times can you fly the green? He had no control of his irons for 2 days. And his tee game wasn't all that good either, he couldn't make a putt. How the hell did he make the cut?:eek:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You should have watched Phil and Sergio the past few days. And Tiger. A few head-scratchers.
I was at the GHO one year and saw Hal Sutton totally chunk a pretty easy chip from about 10 feet off the green. The thing with these guys is that they hit a totally bad shot (forgetting driver) so seldom that it’s easy to remember when they do. Saw on TV when Larry Mize had like 4 shot lead in the GHO on the final round and hasn’t won anything in years. On the par 4 15th where a of the pros go for the green, he decided to play it very safe, probably to avoid the water near the green. He used something like a 4 or 5 iron off the tee and totally shanked it up on the hillside behind trees and in junky stuff. I don’t exactly remember, but I think he quadrupled and wound up not winning. I’ve never seen a touring pro hit such a bad shot with a safe club.

Reaction Score
There are still three rounds to play and I wouldn't rule him (Dustin Johnson) out yet.
He has no shot. That edgy beard is a curse. The man can’t enjoy the fact that he’s privileged to be playing a game for a living. I hear his goal is to play an entire round of golf without smiling. He’s a much more talented version of Mark Brooks and JC Snead— but mimics their atrocious demeanor. I’ve witnessed it and it ain’t pretty.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was at the GHO one year and saw Hal Sutton totally chunk a pretty easy chip from about 10 feet off the green. The thing with these guys is that they hit a totally bad shot (forgetting driver) so seldom that it’s easy to remember when they do. Saw on TV when Larry Mize had like 4 shot lead in the GHO on the final round and hasn’t won anything in years. On the par 4 15th where a of the pros go for the green, he decided to play it very safe, probably to avoid the water near the green. He used something like a 4 or 5 iron off the tee and totally shanked it up on the hillside behind trees and in junky stuff. I don’t exactly remember, but I think he quadrupled and wound up not winning. I’ve never seen a touring pro hit such a bad shot with a safe club.

I had forgotten the golfer but remember that shank on 15. Yep. He took a mid-iron to go about 200 yards off the tee and fanned that thing so far up in the woods to the right. Shankasaurus Rex.

Reaction Score
Yep. Norman has a ton of chokes in majors, but has two Open Championships, a massive golf course design company which is really huge in Asia, clothing line, winery, etc. The man ain't lacking for cash or fame. He can pick and choose what he does.

Plus, at one point he had a yacht with a decompression chamber for use after scuba diving. That's pretty cool. I have no idea if he still has it, but back in 2005 it was a very nice piece of equipment.

Greg Norman Yacht

These were the toys he kept stored inside "Aussie Rules" for when you need to unwind from the main boat.

greg%20norman%20yacht%2002.jpg

I'm sorry guys I thought everyone had one of these? Guess I'm a bit naive.

Reaction Score
I had forgotten the golfer but remember that shank on 15. Yep. He took a mid-iron to go about 200 yards off the tee and fanned that thing so far up in the woods to the right. Shankasaurus Rex.

There's always a pretty good chance if you grab a hosel rocket on one shot the next one will be a dead pull. Have no idea how I know this?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's always a pretty good chance if you grab a hosel rocket on one shot the next one will be a dead pull. Have no idea how I know this?

Similar to watching someone leave a 25' lag putt 10' short. You absolutely know the second putt is going to blaze past the cup.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So much for tough conditions for scoring.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I worked security at the GHO in 1984. My buddies and I had just graduated college and figured it would be fun. I got the clubhouse. Zinger would come in every day and do a magic trick for the check in ladies. Saw Dave Stockton work on his stance for an entire 20 minute phone call. Helped Pat McGowan and a couple of other journeyman get a fishing charter on the CT river on Tuesday. Maybe that's why they were journeyman. On Sunday the Miller Lite celebs showed up. I talked Yankee baseball with Sparky Lyle for an hour. Awesome.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He has no shot. That edgy beard is a curse. The man can’t enjoy the fact that he’s privileged to be playing a game for a living. I hear his goal is to play an entire round of golf without smiling. He’s a much more talented version of Mark Brooks and JC Snead— but mimics their atrocious demeanor. I’ve witnessed it and it ain’t pretty.

Sour attitude while playing is why Woods is stuck on 14 majors.

He yucked it up today on the back 9 - fit him for the jacket.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I worked security at the GHO in 1984. My buddies and I had just graduated college and figured it would be fun. I got the clubhouse. Zinger would come in every day and do a magic trick for the check in ladies. Saw Dave Stockton work on his stance for an entire 20 minute phone call. Helped Pat McGowan and a couple of other journeyman get a fishing charter on the CT river on Tuesday. Maybe that's why they were journeyman. On Sunday the Miller Lite celebs showed up. I talked Yankee baseball with Sparky Lyle for an hour. Awesome.

I’ve gotten to be a hanger on at some tour events. Pro-ams and stuff.

If I find a genie in a bottle my first wish is touring PGA pro. What a life.

Until I started playing some in college (Twin Hills baby) I thought golf was stupid. What an idiot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, weather has held up for the leaders and their throwing darts.

Probably need to shoot around 68 today to have any chance tomorrow.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Introducing John Rahm Ramirez.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member