2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2018 Masters No Longer Safe For Work!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I worked security at the GHO in 1984. My buddies and I had just graduated college and figured it would be fun. I got the clubhouse. Zinger would come in every day and do a magic trick for the check in ladies. Saw Dave Stockton work on his stance for an entire 20 minute phone call. Helped Pat McGowan and a couple of other journeyman get a fishing charter on the CT river on Tuesday. Maybe that's why they were journeyman. On Sunday the Miller Lite celebs showed up. I talked Yankee baseball with Sparky Lyle for an hour. Awesome.

Not sure what year it was. Probably late 80s. Went with my youngest son early on Sat. The plan was to see if some guy was having a hot round then later in the day watch the leaders. The hot early round guy was Pat McGowan. His gallery was my son and me and two people who might have been his mother and father. He finally hit a bad drive, can’t remember which hole, and he was about ten feet from us, about 150 from the hole, bare lie, 3 trees in front of him. He looked up at us and said “Great drive, huh?” No way he can go for the green. Wrong. Hits whatever in a sweeping hook and winds up about 15 feet from the hole. All these guys can make shots, journeyman or stud.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fleetwood tearing it up

His score is going to get better with the rain coming down hard.

Even Rahm couldn't get 250 off the tee on 18.

Rory completely loses a 5 or 6 iron from fairway on 13.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reed seems unstoppable right now.

Has anyone ripped through Augusta like this since the young Tiger. It’s unreal. Rory is playing great, and it’s not good enough.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll be somewhat surprised if Rory doesn’t win this. But him or Reed would be great. Even Ricky. Don’t think anybody else has a shot in these conditions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ll be somewhat surprised if Rory doesn’t win this. But him or Reed would be great. Even Ricky. Don’t think anybody else has a shot in these conditions.

Rory with some beautiful pist-round gamesmanship already.

Mentions all pressure is on Reed. Says he went to college here, has a bunch of people he knows here.

Not for nationalistic purposes, but for competitiveness, I hope Reed uses that USA Ryder Cup yardage book. It's going to be cold and windy, so maybe a Ryder Cup jacket.
Just to remind Rory that Patrick took him out at Hazeltine in singles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Has anyone ripped through Augusta like this since the young Tiger. It’s unreal. Rory is playing great, and it’s not good enough.

Not yet. Rory was absolutely mashing his driver today.

Each of them had an improbable hole out for eagle on a Par 5 tomorrow.

Should be fun tomorrow. I don't think there will he any 65's with temps and weather.

Players will have to switch from Golden Tee mindset to US Open mindset. Par is good.

Reaction Score
Not sure what year it was. Probably late 80s. Went with my youngest son early on Sat. The plan was to see if some guy was having a hot round then later in the day watch the leaders. The hot early round guy was Pat McGowan. His gallery was my son and me and two people who might have been his mother and father. He finally hit a bad drive, can’t remember which hole, and he was about ten feet from us, about 150 from the hole, bare lie, 3 trees in front of him. He looked up at us and said “Great drive, huh?” No way he can go for the green. Wrong. Hits whatever in a sweeping hook and winds up about 15 feet from the hole. All these guys can make shots, journeyman or stud.

One of his last years being associated with the tourney, my buddy took a leak next to Sammy Davis Jr. I’m not sure who had more booze in them at that time.

Reaction Score
Rory is playing well no doubt but man he got a couple nice breaks today huh. The shot out of the high trap which hit in the trap on top then rolled all the way to the hole for a 6 footer. Then that chip that hit the stick hard and stayed home. Without those Reed could be sitting beyond pretty.

Hope Reed hangs on but Rory may come out of the gates flying. Will be a fun final Sunday to watch.

This after we tee off up here in the high 30’s-low 40’s in our opening 3 man cash scramble. Have the McGuilicudys ready to warm us up.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Rory is playing well no doubt but man he got a couple nice breaks today huh. The shot out of the high trap which hit in the trap on top then rolled all the way to the hole for a 6 footer. Then that chip that hit the stick hard and stayed home. Without those Reed could be sitting beyond pretty.

Hope Reed hangs on but Rory may come out of the gates flying. Will be a fun final Sunday to watch.

This after we tee off up here in the high 30’s-low 40’s in our opening 3 man cash scramble. Have the McGuilicudys ready to warm us up.
Reed got a couple of breaks too - same kind of eagle off the pin although I don't think his was going as far by. Most of the time, a little luck plays a big role in who wins.

If Reed shoots 69 tomorrow, I think he wins it. Nobody has ever shot four rounds in the 60s before in a Masters. I don't see Rory being able to throw a 65 or 66 on Sunday. If Reed shoots in the 70s, it's a toss up.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
One of his last years being associated with the tourney, my buddy took a leak next to Sammy Davis Jr. I’m not sure who had more booze in them at that time.
Funny you say that. We saw SD Jr perform at the old Oakdale when it was still a theater in the round under a tent. He was definitely drunk and a little obnoxious. He actually shouted something pissy at a guy who wasn’t heckling, just shouting a request.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reed got a couple of breaks too - same kind of eagle off the pin although I don't think his was going as far by. Most of the time, a little luck plays a big role in who wins.

If Reed shoots 69 tomorrow, I think he wins it. Nobody has ever shot four rounds in the 60s before in a Masters. I don't see Rory being able to throw a 65 or 66 on Sunday. If Reed shoots in the 70s, it's a toss up.

Yep. All the guys at the top caught some breaks today. Rahm, Reed and Rory all chipped in for eagle on Par 5's.

Ricky was real close to going very low. He had a bunch of great shots and had a couple of putts graze the edge of the cup.

Only guy who seemed to "earn" every shot was Fleetwood. He went pin seeking on the back 9.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Reed seems unstoppable right now.
The one thing about golf is you really can’t play defense against another guy going low. On a course like Augusta, a three or four shot lead can disappear quickly. Reed can play well tomorrow and still not win. A bunch of pretty fair guys within striking distance. Rory and John Rahm just to name two are pretty capable of going low.

Reaction Score
Not yet. Rory was absolutely mashing his driver today.

Each of them had an improbable hole out for eagle on a Par 5 tomorrow.

Should be fun tomorrow. I don't think there will he any 65's with temps and weather.

Players will have to switch from Golden Tee mindset to US Open mindset. Par is good.
I thought Leishman played well enough today... just couldn’t buy a putt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom