2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
I'm all in for the Hashemis & Schafenackers finally cracking the OL if thats the right formula that gets our offense rolling. At this point you gotta believe whatever it takes (within reason of course)
Yeah, I can't wait to see an opposing d-lineman get flattened & the media saying that he's been Schafenackered!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I still can't understand why Dicko didn't have the former players all over the place. Nothing is more big time than having the 20+ former NFL players come around.

Zach is a perfect example of RE 1.0 and how he got players to play above their level. No NFL but he surely was a very good BCS level player.
I'm sure the players had better things to do than talk up that disaster to players and recruits. The authenticity of love from the former players will likely be more well received, versus someone clearly just throwing disco a bone.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Meh. What I have heard so far, reading between the lines, is that the new staff is appalled at the OL. So until we see real progress in that area, I personally will reserve judgement that they show that they know how to fix it in just a few months. Doubt it can happen that quickly but I will be over the moon if it does.
Same as last 5 years but this and QB are our limiting factors. I like all the other improvements but until this is fixed our ceiling is limited... I do trust Edsall to fix it though. Gonna take time.

Reaction Score
Same as last 5 years but this and QB are our limiting factors. I like all the other improvements but until this is fixed our ceiling is limited... I do trust Edsall to fix it though. Gonna take time.
You will see amazing QB progress if the OL ever gets fixed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Speaking of @Perfect Hair, I'm kinda interested in what he/she will beetch about this year...or is his/her job done here?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I must at admit the prospect of running a fast wide open offense is a bit terrifying given the level of play in recent years. I really hope it doesn't lead to an explosion of turnovers.

Reaction Score
I must at admit the prospect of running a fast wide open offense is a bit terrifying given the level of play in recent years. I really hope it doesn't lead to an explosion of turnovers.

Lets be honest, this will be a year seeing lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball. But would you rather watch 2 yards and a cloud of dust 2x, a sack, and then a punt 20X a day combined with a bend and try not to break D, topped with a sampling of bizarre ST play? Let's start attacking and dictating and stop letting everyone do that to us

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Easy now, the greys are awesome.
I would be surprised if HCRE2 kept the old regime's alternates but I feel like we'd be happy with whatever replaced them. FWIW, I'd be surprised not to see the Block C reemerge in some fashion. Maybe helmet stickers? Be pretty cool to see a bunch of Block C's on the back of them.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I love the helmet sticker idea. Bring back old school college football. I used to play NCAA football on the PS2 and the system awardrd dogbone helmet stickers for UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any idea what media coverage deal is at today's practice/scrimmage? Wonder what we will learn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

mostly afraid of pick sixes and strip sack fumbles outnumbering first downs. I'll take too many FG's over than kind of watch through your fingers horror show. I just want them to move the ball without it being a complete shock more than one a quarter.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Lets be honest, this will be a year seeing lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball. But would you rather watch 2 yards and a cloud of dust 2x, a sack, and then a punt 20X a day combined with a bend and try not to break D, topped with a sampling of bizarre ST play? Let's start attacking and dictating and stop letting everyone do that to us

I agree. I won't mind turnovers the first part of next session if it helps achieve the long term strategy. I remember watching Syracuse last year and was jealous. Even though they struggled, they were fun to watch and you saw that eventually they would be much more efficient.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
mostly afraid of pick sixes and strip sack fumbles outnumbering first downs. I'll take too many FG's over than kind of watch through your fingers horror show. I just want them to move the ball without it being a complete shock more than one a quarter.

This is what your afraid of???

I'm afraid of faking a fake field goal. I'm afraid of going for a field goal when you are down multiple scores late in a game because the coach wants to get the kicker more work from the right hash. I'm afraid of not getting a call in from the sidelines before the play clock expires.

I'm afraid of a lot of things. Going up tempo is not one of them...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom