2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe we catch lighting in a bottle. There are plenty of stories of guys who were not highly recruited and developed into stars. UConn even put a couple of walk-ons into the NFL. I want the 22 best players on the field. I could care less about their recruiting rankings.
#trusttheprocess

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big difference between being a walk-on QB vs. any other position on the field.
20.jpg

Reaction Score
If Bisack became a star that's great, all I'm saying is I would've liked to see the reps go to the incoming crop of QBs to get them off and running but they're obviously not on campus yet so it's cool to see Bisack get some burn. I have no problem with it. I'm just being impatient about seeing what Pindell, Washington and McAfee can contribute.

Reaction Score
If Bisack became a star that's great, all I'm saying is I would've liked to see the reps go to the incoming crop of QBs to get them off and running but they're obviously not on campus yet so it's cool to see Bisack get some burn. I have no problem with it. I'm just being impatient about seeing what Pindell, Washington and McAfee can contribute.

Speaking of Washington, gotta wonder if he stays at QB... IIRC I saw a video of him somewhere (either here or twitter) where he's working on running WR routes....

Reaction Score
Speaking of Washington, gotta wonder if he stays at QB... IIRC I saw a video of him somewhere (either here or twitter) where he's working on running WR routes....
He's the best QB recruit we've signed in years. I highly doubt he came here to change positions.

Reaction Score
He's the best QB recruit we've signed in years. I highly doubt he came here to change positions.
You got a point bro... but I did remember seeing a recent video of him running routes....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That sounds like crazy talk. Unless we see something concrete bro, lets not post wacky rumors about our highly touted QB signees. I worry to much talk will push someone to the Lagow route come August. I want all these horses to come in and go from there. :)

Reaction Score

He looks pretty polished, I have high hopes. But he is not a Pindell type speed guy, so if he were to switch positions given his good quickness/wiggle but marginal speed on tape he'd probably be a Nick Williams type slot WR, right?

Reaction Score
That sounds like crazy talk. Unless we see something concrete bro, lets not post wacky rumors about our highly touted QB signees. I worry to much talk will push someone to the Lagow route come August. I want all these horses to come in and go from there. :)

You are like the Paul Blart of the BY. The notion that anything we post here matters to recruits or players in the grand scheme of things is pure fantasy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are like the Paul Blart of the BY. The notion that anything we post here matters to recruits or players in the grand scheme of things is pure fantasy.

You also take yourself too seriously. Didn't you quit this team already?

As for Marvin Washington, yes - I do worry that somehow - someway - he doesn't play for us. The kid has the highest ceiling yet of any QB prospect we have had come along and so I am more paranoid about him actually coming here than anyone else in our universe.

If we want to talk about Eddie Hahn moving to TE or a guy like Swann moving to slot WR, have at it. When it comes to incoming QBs, Rose and Lagow have me snake bitten.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You also take yourself too seriously. Didn't you quit this team already?

As for Marvin Washington, yes - I do worry that somehow - someway - he doesn't play for us. The kid has the highest ceiling yet of any QB prospect we have had come along and so I am more paranoid about him actually coming here than anyone else in our universe.

If we want to talk about Eddie Hahn moving to TE or a guy like Swann moving to slot WR, have at it. When it comes to incoming QBs, Rose and Lagow have me snake bitten.

The irony of someone who thinks what he says on message board makes a difference if players come here telling me I take myself too seriously.

And yep, if they brought Diaco back, I was done. I make no apologies for that either.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The irony of someone who thinks what he says on message board makes a difference if players come here telling me I take myself too seriously.

And yep, if they brought Diaco back, I was done. I make no apologies for that either.
I fail to see the irony. And your pompous arrogance is a bore on this subject.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Finally someone said it. If I was of the opinion Marvin Washington sucks, made posts saying so every day, he wouldn't sit out a year because of my opinion. Most kids have better things to do than read 19 pages of a thread about something they were there for.

Reaction Score
These are an impressive group of coaches.

Getting a strong impression that the players will max out on their abilities. Don't know how many W's that'll translate to this year, but the games are going to be a lot less frustrating to watch.

Reaction Score
These are an impressive group of coaches.

Getting a strong impression that the players will max out on their abilities. Don't know how many W's that'll translate to this year, but the games are going to be a lot less frustrating to watch.

Amen! Never has "less been done with more" than the 2016 Huskies. So relieved to have that in the past.

Reaction Score

Washington.......... Bisack, .......... BS,.............Tyler Lorenzo........ DJ..... I don't care. I 'm just hungry for an RE competitive team. Been waiting for x years for UConn to excel. Think about it, can't jump in the Delorean, but if scum bag Hathaw....ay (can't really say his name) was dismissed and RE stayed after the Fiesta Bowl season life would certainly be different.

So I pledge my support and prayers that RE truly has a mission to bring us back to relevance.

I don't think we really have had a 'what if" thread, but we BYers realize what could have been (and desperately hope its what transpires over the next 3 or 4 years. Screw RU and BCU and the ACC, and ESPN......I want a national surprise and excellence and a B!G rescue to make our State University be in a position that it should have been in 5/6 years ago.

Yes I believe!

So give us a few W's and get some more people on the BY to talk about success! So go Arkel and the team (its time to now how was it said...."shock the world") , make us proud.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom