2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
I must at admit the prospect of running a fast wide open offense is a bit terrifying given the level of play in recent years. I really hope it doesn't lead to an explosion of turnovers.
I am apprehensive for the same reason. The O had trouble figuring it out at regular speed during the last few years. We are now gonna expect them to play much better AND twice as fast?

Reaction Score
Well if the O sucks the uptempo will at least get them off the field fast.... errr.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Bisack looks pretty good slinging it in those scrimmage highlights. I know literally nothing about his game though.

Doesnt throw a tight spiral but looked pretty accurate. Interesting that Bisack was in on all those plays...didnt see any BS

Reaction Score
Doesnt throw a tight spiral but looked pretty accurate. Interesting that Bisack was in on all those plays...didn't see any BS

He's in the beginning throwing the interception.

Bisack is a big kid w/ a strong arm. Guessing he will be the primary QB for one of the teams in the B/W. He will get his chance to impress.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
mostly afraid of pick sixes and strip sack fumbles outnumbering first downs. I'll take too many FG's over than kind of watch through your fingers horror show. I just want them to move the ball without it being a complete shock more than one a quarter.

Truth is we're probably going to be a pretty bad team this year regardless of what offense we're running. It's about long term results

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I am apprehensive for the same reason. The O had trouble figuring it out at regular speed during the last few years. We are now gonna expect them to play much better AND twice as fast?
Short possessions are a risk for the defense but, for me, anything's better than going into a game with a plan to use the offense to kill clock without even trying to score. That is just so passive and defeatist and tells the kids, "we're just trying to not get embarrassed". I'd rather see them go down taking shots. (and not the way that I go down taking shots - which usually involves tequila.)

Reaction Score
Short possessions are a risk for the defense but, for me, anything's better than going into a game with a plan to use the offense to kill clock without even trying to score. That is just so passive and defeatist and tells the kids, "we're just trying to not get embarrassed". I'd rather see them go down taking shots. (and not the way that I go down taking shots - which usually involves tequila.)
Agreed. And that happened a lot last year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He's in the beginning throwing the interception.

Bisack is a big kid w/ a strong arm. Guessing he will be the primary QB for one of the teams in the B/W. He will get his chance to impress.

Yep, its really too bad Pindell couldn't come early....such an opportunity here this spring for reps with Williams injured. You have to figure just Bisack and Sherriffs are getting all the real reps and thats a lot of reps. And what if Rose had enrolled last fall - this would be his opportunity this spring to prove himself as a QB.

Reaction Score
Kinda sucks Bisack is gonna be getting all those reps. Would've loved for Pindell or the Freshman to get those, they're essentially going to waste right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom