OT: Cam Newton | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There you go not ridiculing people's thoughts again. What a champion lol.
I suggest you and Jerry just ignore Mau
Its annoying this childish attitude (not Mau)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but unless you have played at this level, are a black man, college level pressures don't compare what this guy or any other guy is dealing with. Why should he tone down what makes him happy, if he like to dance, do it and move on. Russell Wilson, RGIII, Mike Vick , etc... All different people, handle their business in their own way. This kid is learning and he will hopefully get better and take this as a life lesson. He will learn and is learning what is accepted as a professional, the next two years will show if he has learned or it is all just words.. We will see

My God! It wasn't that horrible an offense but he's not exactly Jackie Robinson or Hank Aaron. He's not even Roger Maris in 1961.

Reaction Score
Calling posters idiots, balloon knots, jacka, fools, ect. when they disagree with what you say is not childish at all, you are right. Comical

Reaction Score
I agree with most of what you say BUT in the private sector, if you or I acted that way in an interview, at a meeting or in general - it would be our last day of work
First, the NFL is the private sector.

Second, I've worked in the private sector and the public sector. There's literally been no difference in my experience as to how people operate. Same inefficiencies everywhere, in my experience.

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge Cam Newton fan, but for every person that criticizes him for being too exuberant, there is another that will slam Russell Wilson or Tom Brady for being boring. Not everybody is going to like everybody else.

Is Newton perfectly polished in regards to crisis management? Certainly not. But there wasn't anything particularly egregious about the way he handled himself last night - he graciously acknowledged Peyton after the game, took a few questions at the podium, and ultimately bailed on a circumstance that was only built for him to lose. Maybe you wish he could have stood up there a while longer, but with Chris Harris mouthing off feet away and reporters asking questions like, "can you put into words how it feels to lose the Super Bowl?" I don't blame him.

The Aaron Rodgers discount double check thing is something I think Cam would get killed for.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestion.
my pleasure
and for the pleasure of many others
you guys and Mau just don't care for each other, that's fine, but the back and forth digs from you guys at Mau are annoying
I dislike the comments of one guy in particular because almost everything he says is a wise crack at someone or something and thinks he's funny. I simply placed an ignore and see nothing of him except on the chat
I don't want to ignore you two because there is value to some of your posts but the digs on Mau are crazy (btw-I don't know who Mau is at all)

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I just don't think he deserves that much of a pass. He is 26, just finished his 5th year in the league. Russell Wilson had a much more crushing defeat last year, he threw the pick that cost them the game, in his 4th year in the league, same age as Newton now, and he had no such issues. His post game presser HAD to be more painful, it doesn't matter who is talking near him, and he sat did his job with class. Its not race or age, just character, or a lack of it.
Like I said, everyone handles their business their own way, hopefully he grows. The other thing Russell Wilson had been there before, so yeah he responded as he should, professional. The other part is people don't attack him like Cam, so his perception of the media is different. He is a kid, unless your 26 too anyone in their 20s are still kids to me. I can guarantee you that someone will get in his ear about this and he'll come out and respond differently. As I said, I'm not a Cam or Carolina fan but I was a D1 Athlete and played at a high level so I can relate to his frustration but not his mental toughness in this type of situation with the press. The guy has learned how to win, now someone has to teach how to lose. Let's see who that is and how he responds . I'm willing to give him a chance.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
My God! It wasn't that horrible an offense but he's not exactly Jackie Robinson or Hank Aaron. He's not even Roger Maris in 1961.
Your post makes no sense

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but unless you have played at this level, are a black man, college level pressures don't compare what this guy or any other guy is dealing with. Why should he tone down what makes him happy, if he like to dance, do it and move on. Russell Wilson, RGIII, Mike Vick , etc... All different people, handle their business in their own way. This kid is learning and he will hopefully get better and take this as a life lesson. He will learn and is learning what is accepted as a professional, the next two years will show if he has learned or it is all just words.. We will see

All pro QBs have pressure on them. Him being black has nothing to do with it. He's not Rosa Parks. He's a guy who gets paid multi-millions to throw a football and get idolized (and vilified) like a god. I don't think the presser was a big deal personally. Hopefully, he'll learn from his professional misstep.

And I wouldn't be throwing Mike Vick out there in this conversation. Can o' worms there.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did Peyton get criticized this much when he walked off the field before the game was over in the Super Bowl against the Saints?

Peyton has carte blanche to do whatever the duckck he wants. Didn't you know that?

This is the typical response to that:

CatUx7mUMAAYf3x.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't care if any of them answer questions or not and I have no idea why any of you would.

Want to sulk in a postgame press conference. Okay. Want to dance after a touchdown? Okay. Want to combine the two and dance during postgame press conferences? That's fine, too.

I don't care.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Peyton has carte blanche to do whatever the duckck he wants. Didn't you know that?

This is the typical response to that:

CatUx7mUMAAYf3x.jpg
I see. Yet the guy who gives footballs to kids every TD he scores, shakes his opponent hand with a smile on his face, then sits through 3 mins of the same questions before he decides to finally walk off is a POS and has major maturity issue. Then some wonder how could we ever bring up race as a factor for why Cam gets treated the way he does. :rolleyes:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't get it. His team was the overwhelming favorite to win, but they didn't. I don't blame him for taking the loss hard. I don't think he whined, or blamed anyone else. He walked out of a press conference.

With that said, I never heard of the guy until Sunday, so there's always that.

Reaction Score

Thanks gtcam for the attempt at helping them understand how foolish they look but it would seem impossible at this point. They are who they are, no signs of topics discussion just ridicule of me which I can handle, just hilarious they are here for nothing other than that? The most hilarious one is 7774 saying "see there you go ridiculing..." when my post was in reference to uconnever doing just that to me backhanded as only you could see? Like I said before cyber stalking LOL. No biggie move on gt there's a lot more people who are interested in talking UConn hoops on this board than following people they disagree with.

Reaction Score
Dustin Pedroia. Guy spends half of every season on the DL, because he plays like the Tasmanian Devil.

Fred Lynn had the talent to be a hall of famer, except he enjoyed running into centerfield walls a little too much.

Reaction Score
I watched the press conference twice. I don't see whats a big deal other than his failure to try to recover the fumble. His actions after the game were no big deal. He would have come off better though if he didnt have his hood on. Doesnt bother me, but it gives the haters one more thing to key in on.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Your post makes no sense

Why? You said that unless one is black and playing at the NFL level, we can't understand the pressure he is under.
I said he is not exactly Jackie Robinson or Hank Aaron. They had pressure. Their lives were threatened. They had to face daily overt and covert racism. They didn't get paid millions of dollars.

I also said the his offense (as in transgression) was minor.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What really bothers me is I tried to troll Pats fans a couple of times in this thread with absolutely no bites. Either I'm lousy at this or you guys aren't as defensive as I thought. It must be me.

Reaction Score
What really bothers me is I tried to troll Pats fans a couple of times in this thread with absolutely no bites. Either I'm lousy at this or you guys aren't as defensive as I thought. It must be me.

David I can teach you a few things on how to get people to "bite" as you can see. Reach out anytime and I can get you started on "Trolling 101". You can see above there are many students who don't like my methods but many also do.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom