OT: Cam Newton | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

People questioned those (me) who don't care for the guy because many think his antics are selfish and over the top. Well when you play it that way all year and yourself in the Super Bowl then act like this after the game, you've proven me and so many others right. A talented guy, but really just a selfish POS. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!;)

Oh yeah and people calling Ted Ginn some things appropriate, did you watch this guy keep his nose out of that fumble?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Him not diving on that ball was a horrific move. Everyone I watched the game with couldn't believe what we saw.

He'll learn Mau, grow up and represent himself better in the future. Not sure he's a POS as a person, but you may know him better than I as I actually don't know him at all.

cam-newton-peyton-manning-handshake-lead.jpg

Reaction Score
Him not diving on that ball was a horrific move. Everyone I watched the game with couldn't believe what we saw.

He'll learn Mau, grow up and represent himself better in the future. Not sure he's a POS as a person, but you may know him better than I as I actually don't know him at all.

I don't know him at all everyone knows that Kita but he is all about himself (POS may be harsh but it's not far from the truth). He proved it the 2nd day of the interviews this past week when he said he was sick of answering the "same old questions". It's the Super Bowl of course you're going to get the same old questions. Yeah he may get another chance as you and many others say to mature and grow up, but the first one says a lot. Others have been classy in their first chance knowing the focus of the moment, he's just not one of those guys from what I can see but hey, I've been wrong before:cool:.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think he's a POS for walking out of an interview dealing with reporters who have had an agenda with him all year. As you see in the picture Kitaman posted he congratulates Peyton with a smile on his face after the game, a very classy move. I don't see the reason for all the Cam is selfish talk all season for doing the dab, having fun, and giving away footballs to kids anytime he scores. Did Aaron Rodgers do to much with his championship belt?

Him not diving for the ball did look really bad though.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't think he's a POS for walking out of an interview dealing with reporters who have had an agenda with him all year. As you see in the picture Kitaman posted he congratulates Peyton with a smile on his face after the game, a very classy move. I don't see the reason for all the Cam is selfish talk all season for doing the dab, having fun, and giving away footballs to kids anytime he scores. Did Aaron Rodgers do to much with his championship belt?

Got the vid? Didn't even notice

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Diving for a ball in a situation like that can be a dangerous move (for a quarterback who needs to protect his arm), but in the Super Bowl you want your guy "all in." In a way it's tough to be caught like that on national TV but there is the downside to fame and fortune. I wonder if quarterbacks are taught to protect themselves from certain situations like that in general, enough to cause a bit of hesitation.

Reaction Score
I don't see a problem with what he did on the fumble. Often, the ball squirts free and his OL was diving toward him. It was a heat of battle call.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say Cam is selfish perhaps young and a little immature, a lot of pressure on a young kid, a part of me wanted to take Denver because of the pressure on Carolina. I do think he does need to get better with the PR stuff, I don't like how he handled the questions about race during Super Bowl week saying "a lot of people are afraid of me because I'm a black qb" which was actually before media week and that of course opens up a ton of questions from the media. The whole Dab thing during the week really made it easy for me to route against Carolina, I'm ok with Cam doing it during a game because thats his thing, during the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl everyone was doing the Dab thing, it was a little overdone and made me want to punch people in the face just way overdoing it, I was like ok it was maybe cool to do after seeing it after the 50th time or so.

The Panthers team pic had the whole team doing the Dab, I was like really thats so pathetic. It wasn't even Cam that bothered me so much it was the media that turned him into some young pop star. Obviously Cam deserved props as did the Panthers they had an incredible year but people were acting like Carolina just had to show up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not only did it LOOK bad...it was the game! Any player who cares about winning, dives on that ball.... there is no second thought...as there clearly was with CM. To me, his thought was all about self at that point, not about team. There is no other way to explain it. Now he gets to live with the result of his action, or lack thereof, 'til the reporters tire of asking him about it.

Reaction Score
I don't see a problem with what he did on the fumble. Often, the ball squirts free and his OL was diving toward him. It was a heat of battle call.

If he dove, the Panthers would have recovered the ball and not given up a crucial 7 points.

Reaction Score
I could tell this was going to turn out badly long before the game when Newton was slamming into players coming out of the dugout. Game started at 6:30 and ran past 10:30. This guy was expending a lot of energy at 5:30. No wonder he was sucking air at the start of the second quarter.

I can't blame him for the press conference though. What is there to say? I mean, not diving was kinda gutless, and there was really no answer to the reporter's question. He was angry. I don't think there is an answer to that question. Maybe this one? "There are a lot of things I wish I had done better."

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
He is a young guy who needs to continue to grow up. He has gotten better, but walking out of the press conference did not help his cause for all the haters and doubters. Anyone who says this man does not have talent, does not know what they are talking about. When you win the time of possession, total yards both usually result in a W. However, when you lead in turnovers and the other team turns them into 17 points, you lose, quite simple. Denver's D was nothing like they faced all year, extremely fast up the middle and coming off the edge. This team in CAROLINA has talent, and will continue to develop and more than likely be back in the Super Bowl in the next few years if not next season for sure. What's crucial for Cam is that he still continues to mature and get better with dealing with his emotions and the media. I hope he gets there in that regard because he's an athlete none of us have seen in our lifetime. He is not D bag, etc.. This guy is passionate about winning, does a lot for the community, loves the kids and shows it on the field and off with all his charity work. Should he have dove, probably but unless you are in that position or played at that level, reaction time is everything and he just reacted slowly and then realized it was too late to dive. Life goes on, games go on, CAROLINA will be fine, Cam will be fine.. This game will not define his legacy but the behavior after losses can, if he can improve and mature in that area, his talent will take care of the rest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah...and he was risking getting hurt by diving in there too. Geez! This is football...not ballet! Newton is a soft and spoiled individual who has been coddled his whole life. He showed more emotion after being hit in the end zone late, than he did after losing the key fumble (which was basically none). His arrogance and sense of entitlement were on display the entire past week for the world to see and it didn't look good....it will also follow him around, as it should, for a long time. This isn't about "growing up" or maturing...which is natural when you're young and competitive. This is about how he's been raised, a product of our new softer culture...and he's now the new poster boy for the kinder and gentler NFL.

Reaction Score
Yeah...and he was risking getting hurt by diving in there too. Geez! This is football...not ballet! Newton is a soft and spoiled individual who has been coddled his whole life. He showed more emotion after being hit in the end zone late, than he did after losing the key fumble (which was basically none). His arrogance and sense of entitlement were on display the entire past week for the world to see and it didn't look good....it will also follow him around, as it should, for a long time. This isn't about "growing up" or maturing...which is natural when you're young and competitive. This is about how he's been raised, a product of our new softer culture...and he's now the new poster boy for the kinder and gentler NFL.
lol

Reaction Score
Who cares about that, he's the most overrated player in any sport. He's an awful passer, he's lucky he had Stewart and could throw it anywhere and Olsen would go get it. If you have 2 weeks to scheme him you can force him into his weaknesses.

cam-newton-peyton-manning-handshake-lead.jpg

Reaction Score

I am not a football fan, let me say that first and foremost, but in my head the quarterback is more important than every other guy out there in a helmet right? If he dives in there headfirst and ends up breaking his neck... I'm guessing the same people who are angry would be angry about that too.

There are pluses and minuses from all angles, I think a star player in some instances does need to worry more about keeping himself healthy even if its the last game of the year. I have Anthony Davis in fantasy this year and I need the guy to stop jumping into the stands and hurting his back, stop getting concussions during games... I want you to play every game, not play like a warrior in one game a week where you hurt yourself and then cant play. Also had Bryce Harper in baseball last year and felt the same way

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
TB12, Peyton and really any franchise QB isn't diving headfirst into a pile to get a football he fumbled.. I don't believe that for one second.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For the Broncos, it was Super Bowl 50.

However, Cam preferred to stick with the Roman numerals.
COzKPNBWsAQbzkx.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If you're gonna be arrogant and act like you're God's gift to the rest of us, at least show some humility when things don't go your way. I'd respect Cam a lot more if he'd stood up there and taken his lumps last night without pouting and moping around. He's still a good guy in my eyes; hopefully he learns from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom