OT: Cam Newton | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
David I can teach you a few things on how to get people to "bite" as you can see. Reach out anytime and I can get you started on "Trolling 101". You can see above there are many students who don't like my methods but many also do.:eek:

Thank you Master

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So this is going to follow Cam Newton for the rest of his career but Peyton walking off the field before the game was over isn't following him?:rolleyes:

Nope. If he behaves like Peyton the rest of his career it will be as forgotten as Peyton's transgression.

Reaction Score
So this is going to follow Cam Newton for the rest of his career but Peyton walking off the field before the game was over isn't following him?:rolleyes:

I must admit I really have no idea on the latter so I can't comment. What I can comment on is Peyton is a proven gentlemen of the game with the utmost respect of his peers and the history the game has provided. If he did something wrong it should stay with him and I'd like to know what it is, I seriously do not know. Others need to prove themselves and are now 0 for 1 on the biggest stage.

Reaction Score

Who said this is going to follow Cam for the rest of his career and what does this have to do with what Peyton did 7 years ago.

Reaction Score
David I can teach you a few things on how to get people to "bite" as you can see. Reach out anytime and I can get you started on "Trolling 101". You can see above there are many students who don't like my methods but many also do.:eek:

Thats easy Peyton Manning is the GOAT.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I must admit I really have no idea on the latter so I can't comment. What I can comment on is Peyton is a proven gentlemen of the game with the utmost respect of his peers and the history the game has provided. If he did something wrong it should stay with him and I'd like to know what it is, I seriously do not know. Others need to prove themselves and are now 0 for 1 on the biggest stage.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...hip-super-bowl-50_us_56b8b0a5e4b01d80b246fa26

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who said this is going to follow Cam for the rest of his career and what does this have to do with what Peyton did 7 years ago.
Stephen A in the video Mau posted.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I remember Manning catching flack for walking off the field without shaking hands with Brees. It was 6 years ago now, but I definitely remember it being an issue at the time. Probably not as big an issue as this, but then again, walking out of a presser is a more lasting image because all the focus is on you in that moment, whereas right after the game ends everyone's focused on the winning team.

I will say that Chris Jones guy they mention in the article is a joke; he defended Peyton for walking off the field 6 years ago, yet absolutely skewered Cam for walking out of his press conference. What a tool.

Reaction Score

Ok so Peyton has more than made up for it and even prior he was a gentlemen. Not excusing the act it's wrong to have walked off I agree. How was his post game conference can we have that?

Cam has time to make up for it, let's see what he does.

Reaction Score

I saw the video I thought Stephen A was fair in critiquing Cam he never said it would follow Cam. Its the nature of the beast in playing the QB position in the NFL, you must handle the critics, Cam does need to do a better job at handling the PR.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What really bothers me is I tried to troll Pats fans a couple of times in this thread with absolutely no bites. Either I'm lousy at this or you guys aren't as defensive as I thought. It must be me.

Nah, most (not all) of us don't care much. Only thing I really care about is inaccuracies.

You can say '18-1' or whatever all you want. Have at it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

The only time I'd 'bite' is when you start spewing untruths. ;)

intlzncster

Reaction Score

His 'sexual assault' was nicely thrown under the rug. Peyton has certainly comported himself well as a pro, but it ain't that hard when you are football royalty. Guy definitely gets held to a different (easier) standard than most.

Here's a very short primer on it: LINK

Reaction Score
Peyton has carte blanche to do whatever the duckck he wants. Didn't you know that?

This is the typical response to that:

CatUx7mUMAAYf3x.jpg

Chris Chase is one of the worst in sports media. I don't want to say he's #1, because there are several others deserving consideration, but he's definitely in the discussion.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chris Chase is one of the worst in sports media. I don't want to say he's #1, because there are several others deserving consideration, but he's definitely in the discussion.

That list is looooong and distinguished. Sports journalism media is pretty woeful overall. But people eat it up, so what can you do?

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...n-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

The newly crowned league MVP walked out on reporters Sunday after answering only a handful of questions, mostly with short, soft-spoken answers.

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser," he said.

He said if he offended anyone, "that's cool," and that he would not change his persona to appease anyone.

Newton hasn't spoken to the media in his previous four seasons on the day players clean out their lockers, but he felt compelled to talk on Tuesday amid criticism of him. As he was speaking, teammates stood around him, shouting "we love Cam."

"At the end of the day, when you invest so much time and sacrifice so much and things don't go as planned, the emotions take over. That's what happens. As far as trying to be like this person, trying to be like that person ... the truth of the matter is I'm not trying to be like this person.

"This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person. I said it since day one. I am who I am. I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going. I don't have to conform to anybody else's wants for me to do. I'm not that guy."

Curious to hear about his supporters in this thread who think he "learned" something from this and will act more appropriately in the future. Doesn't sound like he learned anything and basically is saying ". Take me or leave me."

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...n-carolina-panthers-defends-walking-reporters

The newly crowned league MVP walked out on reporters Sunday after answering only a handful of questions, mostly with short, soft-spoken answers.

He said if he offended anyone, "that's cool," and that he would not change his persona to appease anyone.

Newton hasn't spoken to the media in his previous four seasons on the day players clean out their lockers, but he felt compelled to talk on Tuesday amid criticism of him. As he was speaking, teammates stood around him, shouting "we love Cam."

"At the end of the day, when you invest so much time and sacrifice so much and things don't go as planned, the emotions take over. That's what happens. As far as trying to be like this person, trying to be like that person ... the truth of the matter is I'm not trying to be like this person.

"This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person. I said it since day one. I am who I am. I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going. I don't have to conform to anybody else's wants for me to do. I'm not that guy."

Curious to hear about his supporters in this thread who think he "learned" something from this and will act more appropriately in the future. Doesn't sound like he learned anything and basically is saying ". Take me or leave me."
Haven't been a fan of his since college but his attitude is refreshing. I've always liked Peyton Manning but I found his behavior a little more bothersome than Cam's.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Haven't been a fan of his since college but his attitude is refreshing. I've always liked Peyton Manning but I found his behavior a little more bothersome than Cam's.

Not impressed with his reasoning RE the fumble though. Contrast that to a guy like Brady diving for a fumble against Suh in a (not so after the fact) meaningless week 17 game--this applies to any other good QB; I just happen to see this vid the other day cause I'm a Pats fan:

I couldn't care less about the presser.

Reaction Score
Also, there should be a thread about how much of a Manning is for using the SB to pimp Papa John's and his Bud beer distributor.

How long before his hug with the Papa John guy immediately following the end (why was that guy even on the field), and then saying 50x he was going to drink Bud. He's very fortunate, he was terrible.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Also, there should be a thread about how much of a Manning is for using the SB to pimp Papa John's and his Bud beer distributor.

Imagine if it had been Cam that had done that? He'd be getting absolutely crucified for it right now.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not impressed with his reasoning RE the fumble though. Contrast that to a guy like Brady diving for a fumble against Suh in a (not so after the fact) meaningless week 17 game--this applies to any other good QB; I just happen to see this vid the other day cause I'm a Pats fan:

I couldn't care less about the presser.

I don't see how Cam's play and this are similar. While I agree that Cam maybe should have dove for the ball it makes sense as to why he didn't.

Reaction Score

Ahhh. Now it's "refreshing". Got it. Rub it in when you win, pout and stamp your feet when you lose. Refreshing.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

If he's gonna be a baby his whole career after big losses, that's fine. He'll get criticized for it, and he'll deserve it. Doesn't change the fact that he's still a great QB that watches plenty of film to prepare for games, and I'm pretty sure this still doesn't shed any light into whether or not his charity work is legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom