OT: Cam Newton | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, he led NFL QBs in rushing yds (636 to Russell Wilson 553 and Tyrod Taylor 568) and rushing attempts (132 to Wilson 103 and Taylor 104). And Carolina had the 24th best passing offense. So tell me how stupid it really is.
It's incredibly stupid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think you're giving Cam too much credit Mau for the success of the Panthers. Like I said the defense and the special teams were the Panthers bread and butter. Cam simply did enough to not lose games and win some games when needed with how bad their offense was. Carolina won a lot of ugly games throughout the year. Cam was simply the MVP because he was the Panthers offense and they went 15-1. Not because they had a good offense.

That's fair but I didn't sense that from others. You are spot on here probably but maybe even weighing in less for Cam than you should. He was really good this year in regular season.

Reaction Score
It's not all or nothing mau. Nobody said he's not part of the reason they lost, just that he was sorely lacking options, especially against such a great defense. There really is only so much he could do. Look what they did to Brady the game before, one of the best QBs of all time. That D was a wrecking crew the last few games.

And that was not the mid season Broncos defense (which I might add was 1st or 2nd in most defensive categories). Same concept as the 2007 Giants D. Just got hot as duckck and turned it up 3+ notches; their mid season D was nothing to get excited about.

Patriots fan! Anything to take away from Eli who outplayed your guy - I get that!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Patriots fan! Anything to take away from Eli who outplayed your guy - I get that!

Anyone w a pulse knows it was the Giants D line that won that game.

Eli had a fine game but almost lost it for them, if Asante Samuel, who's only skill was to intercept footballs, held on to a gimme. Eli had a nice play to avoid the sack on the tyree catch. But he effectively threw a jump ball, which Tyree was fortunate enough to come down with. Then he hits a wide open Burress on blown coverage by a safety. Doing what he's supposed to there.

Oh, and:

Eli 19-34(56%) 255yds 2td 1int
Tom 29-48(60%) 266yds 1td 0int

What was Eli's good game is Tom's sh_t game. ;)

Reaction Score
Anyone w a pulse knows it was the Giants D line that won that game.

Eli had a fine game but almost lost it for them, if Asante Samuel, who's only skill was to intercept footballs, held on to a gimme. Eli had a nice play to avoid the sack on the tyree catch. But he effectively threw a jump ball, which Tyree was fortunate enough to come down with. Then he hits a wide open Burress on blown coverage by a safety. Doing what he's supposed to there.

Oh, and:

Eli 19-34(56%) 255yds 2td 1int
Tom 29-48(60%) 266yds 1td 0int

What was Eli's good game is Tom's sh_t game. ;)

Good thing your a good dude unlike 7774, Jerry and uconnever - because this is hilarious. The excuses are ridiculous and what the games about. Eli actually owns your guy but good for you for sticking on him LOL

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That's fair but I didn't sense that from others. You are spot on here probably but maybe even weighing in less for Cam than you should. He was really good this year in regular season.
Yeah he was. His offense was not is my point. I knew the Super Bowl was going to be a defensive struggle. I just assumed the Panthers offense would make enough plays per usual. Turned out Denvers D was determined to win it by themselves.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Good thing your a good dude unlike 7774, Jerry and uconnever - because this is hilarious. The excuses are ridiculous and what the games about. Eli actually owns your guy but good for you for sticking on him LOL

I didn't use any excuses? Giants won fair and square. I just think it was mostly because of the phenomenal performance of the D line. You think it's because of Eli. Different strokes.

Reaction Score
I didn't use any excuses? Giants won fair and square. I just think it was mostly because of the phenomenal performance of the D line. You think it's because of Eli. Different strokes.

No I think they both had a lot do with upsetting the Pats is all.;)

Reaction Score

It's pretty nice to disagree with someone like this, HuskyWarrior and others too, and not have someone tell you you must drink a lot while being a very angry, hateful person.:eek: LOL

Reaction Score
How am I "not a good dude"?

Reaction Score
How am I "not a good dude"?

Maybe you are, I have no reason to believe either way actually all cyber crap. But according to recent communication, not for me. Maybe I was talking mostly about uconnever and not you anyway? He's the cyber psychologist after all.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Back to Cam. Jim Fassel thinks his super bowl cleats made him "soft".

PFT- Now we’ve heard everything about Cam Newton and the Super Bowl. Jim Fassel, the former coach who took the Giants to the Super Bowl after the 2000 season, had what may be the strangest assessment yet of Newton’s Super Bowl-losing performance on Sunday. According to Fassel, Newton set the stage for his disappointing game with his choice of footwear in pregame warmups.

“All of the numbers pointed to Carolina. And when I saw Cam Newton walk out in gold shoes — ‘MVP’ — I switched my mind, essentially, right then,” Fassel said on Mile High Sports 1340. “I said, ‘That’s not what a starting quarterback, MVP, leading his team — and I had a lot of respect for him during the season — that’s not what happens.’ You don’t do that. And I said, ‘This guy’s already become soft,’ and that’s what he was.”

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's absolutely incredible the crap Brady took without a shred of proof and yet Peyton leaves a cookie crumb trail of doushbagginess and gets a pass. I feel like this is part of a movie where the Mannings signed a pact with a pitchfork-wielding guy in red.

What's even more incredible is the Pats fans who care to even look at this article and compare it to POOR Tom Brady - you guys are pitiful to even reply - wow the jealousy of the regular season Wreaks.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What's even more incredible is the Pats fans who care to even look at this article and compare it to POOR Tom Brady - you guys are pitiful to even reply - wow the jealousy of the regular season Wreaks.
I read the article. Brady is basically the most hated guy in the NFL, and aside from the winning much of that is off the back of claims that have NO PROOF. No proof that the balls were deflated during the game. No proof that anything other than mother nature changed the PSI. No proof that Brady ordered the balls to be deflated.

Now there is nothing I saw in the article that proves Manning landed his frank & beans on that woman's head. But there is no doubt that Manning committed a number of lies about the character of that woman and repeatedly denigrated her. There is proof that he exposed himself in front of her on another occasion. Tennessee settled a defamation suit so they obviously felt that they had a lot to lose. And then this woman loses her job on two occasions - one shortly after his book, which trashed her character, is released. Seems to me that there was a vendetta. Good guy, that Peyton.

Reaction Score
I resurrected this thread after ol' Cam pulled his again this week. Mind you, this presser was after they blew the game to New Orleans. In the 4th quarter of that game, in New Orleans, Newton was screaming and thumping his chest at the Saints fans on the sidelines after they took the lead. Looks like he hasn't learned a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom