David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Brady is just your typical White, pass-first QB

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brady is just your typical White, pass-first QB

He's just a system QB. he'd be nothing without Belichik.

Speaking if Belichik, he only wins because he has Brady. I mean, look at his record in Cleveland.

Reaction Score
I was trying to be as stupid as the "typical Black, run-first QB"
I think Brady is a great QB. Best since Peyton broke his neck.:eek:

Well, he led NFL QBs in rushing yds (636 to Russell Wilson 553 and Tyrod Taylor 568) and rushing attempts (132 to Wilson 103 and Taylor 104). And Carolina had the 24th best passing offense. So tell me how stupid it really is.

Reaction Score
Are people really disputing that Cam's receivers were a horror show on Sunday?

He was 18 for 41 did they have 23 drops? They missed maybe 3 that were great throws so okay, he should have been 21 for 41. C'mon the whole team was putrid including him. He was an MVP with most of these "weapons" it's not time to complain he had non which many are trying to do. I believe the person who probably had a worst game than ll the offensive players was the OC. I mean to get ravaged like they did in the first half and have little adjustment to the line strategy or the routes was awful on his part.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He was 18 for 41 did they have 23 drops? They missed maybe 3 that were great throws so okay, he should have been 21 for 41. C'mon the whole team was putrid including him. He was an MVP with most of these "weapons" it's not time to complain he had non which many are trying to do. I believe the person who probably had a worst game than ll the offensive players was the OC. I mean to get ravaged like they did in the first half and have little adjustment to the line strategy or the routes was awful on his part.
If Cotchery doesn't bobble the ball and it's gets ruled a catch they are in good field position and don't end up giving up that fumble TD to Denver later so yeah, it makes a difference. Who ever spoke highly of the weapons around Cam at any point of the season? Cam willed this offense all season without a doubt. He was lucky to have one of the best defenses and special teams too otherwise 15-1 are not possible.

Reaction Score
If Cotchery doesn't bobble the ball and it's gets ruled a catch they are in good field position and don't end up giving up that fumble TD to Denver later so yeah, it makes a difference. Who ever spoke highly of the weapons around Cam at any point of the season? Cam willed this offense all season without a doubt. He was lucky to have one of the best defenses and special teams too otherwise 15-1 are not possible.

So what changed, his will? (maybe with that feeble recovery attempt)

He can't have both - he can't have an MVP season with that team then lead the same team into the the Super Bowl and then be able to complain after losing that he didn't have weapons - are you people kidding me with this? The dancing stopped because he wasn't good when the spotlight was on and neither was the rest of his team including the staff. Pretty simple.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well, he led NFL QBs in rushing yds (636 to Russell Wilson 553 and Tyrod Taylor 568) and rushing attempts (132 to Wilson 103 and Taylor 104). And Carolina had the 24th best passing offense. So tell me how stupid it really is.

Sorry Deep. But a typical run first quarterback is sufficient.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

He can't have both - he can't have an MVP season with that team then lead the same team into the the Super Bowl and then be able to complain after losing that he didn't have weapons - are you people kidding me with this? The dancing stopped because he wasn't good when the spotlight was on and neither was the rest of his team including the staff. Pretty simple.
The Broncos defense was one of the best defenses the NFL has seen some are saying. That's what changed. Also of course the dancing stopped when he's losing. Does Aaron Rodgers still do the discount double check when he's losing or does he sulk on the bench? Does Tom Brady still yell and get fired up or does he sulk on the bench? Nobody acts the same way as they do when they're winning compared to when they're losing. He was the MVP because he scored the most TDs in the NFL including more rushing TDs than his #1 RB. He had one reliable weapon on offense and that was his TE. Last time Ted Ginn was in the super bowl he was a #3 option. Cam Newton was really just that good this year with a great defense and special teams to compliment.

Reaction Score
The Broncos defense was one of the best defenses the NFL has seen some are saying. That's what changed. Also of course the dancing stopped when he's losing. Does Aaron Rodgers still do the discount double check when he's losing or does he sulk on the bench? Does Tom Brady still yell and get fired up or does he sulk on the bench? Nobody acts the same way as they do when they're winning compared to when they're losing. He was the MVP because he scored the most TDs in the NFL including more rushing TDs than his #1 RB. He had one reliable weapon on offense and that was his TE. Last time Ted Ginn was in the super bowl he was a #3 option. Cam Newton was really just that good this year with a great defense and special teams to compliment.

Whatever, I see where you're going. You win:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sorry Deep. But a typical run first quarterback is sufficient.

Listen. If you choose to skirt over the fact that most run first quarterbacks are also black, that's your decision. I don't have a problem admitting that's the case.

Rushing Yards by a QB
2015: Top 3 were Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Russell Wilson
2014: Top 3 were Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Cam Newton
2013: Top 5 were Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII
2012: Top 5 were RGIII, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Michael Vick
2011: Top 5 were Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Michael Vick, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Freeman
2010: Top 5 were Michael Vick, Josh Freeman, Aaron Rodgers, Brad Smith, David Garrard

Am I missing something?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was trying to be as stupid as the "typical Black, run-first QB"
I think Brady is a great QB. Best since Peyton broke his neck.:eek:

Hence my joking reply.

Funniest thing is you actually here those statements all the time. From the same people! :confused:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

When your guys are never getting open (including during the year), then it's pretty hard to be accurate. When you miss, you better miss long. And got to count pass breakups too, cause D is so tight there is no where else to throw. Credit Denver D too.

He was MVP with this cast of jokers, that even strengthens his legitimacy. Imagine if he had a bunch of actual studs. Give him Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, and he'd be lights out. Basically Cam's level of play masked that team's inadequacies. Then they ran into a juggernaut.

Totally agree on the OC. That guy was running Stewart twice a set of downs late in the game when they are well behind! Just mind bogglingly stupid. The guy made virtually no adjustments to the blitz, which was designed to get to Cam as fast as possible, collapsing his rush lanes. His guys can't get open fast enough so they were ducked. Needed to mix in a lot of screens and quick slants.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Denver D was unstoppable late in the post season. That's your answer.

People need to give more credit to the Denver defense than they take away from Cam. Those guys were incredible. Top 3 overall I've personally seen (w 85 Bears and 13 Seahawks).

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Ha, you got to it first. Bastard.

Reaction Score
Denver D was unstoppable late in the post season. That's your answer.

People need to give more credit to the Denver defense than they take away from Cam. Those guys were incredible. Top 3 overall I've personally seen (w 85 Bears and 13 Seahawks).

No doubt they were good but other teams scored against them didn't they? They didn't go undefeated did they? I mean geez one hand Cam is God, the MVP the reason they are going to the Super Bowl and by the way favored to win easily by most. Next hand he's 18 for 41 and the excuses come flying and the guys who helped him become MVP, can't do it himself, suddenly BLOW - does anyone really understand you can't be the MVP all season, dance around pissing people off like you're the king and then get your a** handed to you and not be part of the reason. What's wrong with you people?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think you're giving Cam too much credit Mau for the success of the Panthers. Like I said the defense and the special teams were the Panthers bread and butter. Cam simply did enough to not lose games and win some games when needed with how bad their offense was. Carolina won a lot of ugly games throughout the year. Cam was simply the MVP because he was the Panthers offense and they went 15-1. Not because they had a good offense.

Reaction Score
Thread is way too long to find out if this has been posted already, but T.J. Ward pretty much nails it:

T. J. Ward: Denver Broncos Safety Criticizes Carolina Panthers' Showmanship After Super Bowl

"They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football," Ward told reporters after the Broncos' 24-10 Super Bowl win.

And, I'd add a quote from the beloved late owner of my favorite football team, Wellington Mara:
"It's always good to see arrogance humbled."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No doubt they were good but other teams scored against them didn't they? They didn't go undefeated did they? I mean geez one hand Cam is God, the MVP the reason they are going to the Super Bowl and by the way favored to win easily by most. Next hand he's 18 for 41 and the excuses come flying and the guys who helped him become MVP, can't do it himself, suddenly BLOW - does anyone really understand you can't be the MVP all season, dance around pissing people off like you're the king and then get your a** handed to you and not be part of the reason. What's wrong with you people?

It's not all or nothing mau. Nobody said he's not part of the reason they lost, just that he was sorely lacking options, especially against such a great defense. There really is only so much he could do. Look what they did to Brady the game before, one of the best QBs of all time. That D was a wrecking crew the last few games.

And that was not the mid season Broncos defense (which I might add was 1st or 2nd in most defensive categories). Same concept as the 2007 Giants D. Just got hot as duckck and turned it up 3+ notches; their mid season D was nothing to get excited about.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If he actually said that, he's a huge pussbag.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen that quote anywhere, but i'll admit to not looking very hard.

Reaction Score
Back to game news. Check out the left tackle trying to block. . . . and this is the superbowl!

Linky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak