OT: Cam Newton | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ware's arm comes out, but it fumbles it. The ball is then left free on the ground. He stopped diving from it when he saw the arm come out. But then Ware doesn't grab it. If he dove, he would have doved on a free ball. Whether someone wrestles it from him after is something no one can predict.
This is America. You have the right to be wrong. That's part of what makes this country of ours so great.

Reaction Score
Betting on mau to post the first "Cam is a POS" thread would have been like stealing money.

The kid is a bad loser, like a lot of people who don't spend much time losing. He's been babied for most of his career. Most great athletes need to get ____ on at some point to learn something about themselves. If' he's as good as some people think he is, I would imagine he'll learn from this.

Not getting dirty for the fumble was brutal to watch. As far as the press conference, eh, the kid just got murdered in the Super Bowl and he's listening to Chris Harris talk ___ about him from about 10 feet away. I'm not sure I would have stuck around that long either.

A lot of people - as this thread shows - have been sharpening their knives waiting for this kid to lose, so I would imagine they're enjoying themselves right now. Calling him Duante Culpepper after the season we just saw is moronic, though.

Reaction Score
This is America. You have the right to be wrong. That's part of what makes this country of ours so great.

Freedom is wonderful, but don't know if I want to play Cholly to your Magoo.
imrs.php

Reaction Score
Why brings race in this, shows ignorance to which doesn't warrant acknowledging your comment. Brady is a pocket QB and look what that D did to him so your logic there doesn't make sense either. Look, I am not a CAROLINA fan, but I see talent and call it like I see it. I've work with minor and pro athletes and there has never been a Athlete period with his skill set or talent, is he the most accurate, no but he's improving in that area.

I didn't bring race into it. Cam Newton did.

"I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to"

Reaction Score
Freedom is wonderful, but don't know if I want to play Cholly to your Magoo.
imrs.php

Convenient how this shot has the football in the corner and gives no information whatsoever where Ware is positioned. I am pretty indifferent towards Cam and it is for sure a bad look to not be all in on that. But, to use such a photo as evidence for your claim is pretty hilarious to me.

Reaction Score
I ridicule opinions on some occasions I do I admit that. Not how smart or stupid I believe they are. Because someone believes AB is a great player and I disagree doesn't make them stupid, or wrong for that matter. But if I told them they once again they write "unintelligible" (as you have done) they would deem me an arrogant elitist AH and they should. That's they way you come off. But hey if that's you, cool.

Riiight, you never comment on the level of intelligence you believe someone has. Definitely not in the post below from a week ago, which surely came from someone else logged into your account.
C'mon you're not that stupid are you? Just add 2 point s to this game because of the final score and that's how you come up with the final margin if Ab plays? Wow

It's cool though. We don't need to go back and forth anymore. Continue on living in the alternate version of reality you've created in your head.

Reaction Score
Calling him Duante Culpepper after the season we just saw is moronic, though.

Culpepper 2003 (age 26): 65% completion %, 3,479 yds passing, 25 pass TD's, 11 INT's, 422 yds rushing, 4 rushing TDs
Culpepper 2004 (age 27): 69% completion %, 4,717 yds passing, 39 pass TD's, 11 INT's, 406 yds rushing, 2 rushing TDs
(Note: Culpepper had 10 rushing TD's in 2002 at age 25)

Newton 2015 (age 26): 60% completion %, 3,837 yds passing, 35 pass TD's, 10 INT's, 636 yds rushing, 10 rushing TDs

Reaction Score

"I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't seen nothing that they can compare me to"
Yup, you didn't bring race into it at all. You just compared him to other black quarterbacks, basically said he can't throw and then said he's Daunte Culpepper.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score

Read your statement, you said he's a Black Run first QB, sounds like race to me. Unless you're Black man trying to play a dominantly white position and has to face what he is facing, don't make a comment like that. I'm done. Go to www.foxsports.com and look for the article "The real reason Cam Newton stormed out of his Super Bowl press conference. Honestly, I don't even think ESPN or anyone knows this, you see him overhearing a Bronco player bashing them so after he is done, he leaves, I would have to.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Culpepper 2003 (age 26): 65% completion %, 3,479 yds passing, 25 pass TD's, 11 INT's, 422 yds rushing, 4 rushing TDs
Culpepper 2004 (age 27): 69% completion %, 4,717 yds passing, 39 pass TD's, 11 INT's, 406 yds rushing, 2 rushing TDs

Newton 2015 (age 26): 60% completion %, 3,837 yds passing, 35 pass TD's, 10 INT's, 636 yds rushing, 10 rushing TDs
Daunte Culpepper also played with Randy Moss. Cam Newton played with... Tedd Ginn Jr?

Reaction Score

Few players have fallen off a cliff the way Culpepper did. He was playing at a truly elite level, excelling at all phases of the game, then nothing. I'm trying to think of another player in any sport that had a great 3-4 year run, and then faded badly before the age of 30.

Reaction Score
Convenient how this shot has the football in the corner and gives no information whatsoever where Ware is positioned. I am pretty indifferent towards Cam and it is for sure a bad look to not be all in on that. But, to use such a photo as evidence for your claim is pretty hilarious to me.

It is evidence, no? Or do I have to call Cholly in here?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm so tired of people making excuses for Newton because "he's young" and "will grow up". The guy won a national title in college, the Heisman trophy, won the NFL MVP, and is in his fifth NFL season. I don't call that young, I call it being a veteran. Stop making excuses for bad behavior.

Reaction Score
It is evidence, no? Or do I have to call Cholly in here?

Who is in best position to recover the ball is a matter of the relationship b/w players positions. This pic does not show the position of all relevant players. The only thing it is evidence of is that the party presenting it has an agenda they are pushing imo

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He did stay up there answering questions for the first 3 mins fwiw too. Some say he has had plenty of time to grow into this leadership position to handle the media like that but this was his first year with THAT much attention on him so it was new. We'll see if he comes back handling the media better next year. He never really talked about himself or how he played when he was winning either too. He usually deflected it to his sorry offense.

I also wouldn't put this loss on Cam. He had an offensive line that couldn't block for him all game and he probably has one of the worst group of WRs in the NFL really going up against one of the best defenses the league has seen.

Reaction Score
Few players have fallen off a cliff the way Culpepper did. He was playing at a truly elite level, excelling at all phases of the game, then nothing. I'm trying to think of another player in any sport that had a great 3-4 year run, and then faded badly before the age of 30.

He blew out his ACL, PCL and MCL in 2005. He gained weight, lost mobility and was never the same.

Reaction Score
Yup, you didn't bring race into it at all. You just compared him to other black quarterbacks, basically said he can't throw and then said he's Daunte Culpepper.

Re-read his statement. He places himself on a pedestal as something that no one else has ever seen before.

Fact is, we have all seen it. He's a pretty stereotypical black run first QB. And that was part of his downfall yesterday. Checked down, no open receivers and there wasn't space to scramble (like there had been all year). They hemmed him in. Not tough to stop given a great D, a great defensive coordinator and 2 weeks to prepare.

FYI - Pro.football.reference.com has him compared to Daunte Culpepper. I stole it from there so you can take that up with their algorithms.

Reaction Score
WOW
You my friend have a problem
instead of making accusations and suppositions about someone you do not know, after writing this z you better look at yourself in the mirror and see whats ailing you.
Cam is not an 18 year old and wants people to respect him? He walks out of a press conference of his professions biggest arena?
Who is kidding who here. Cam is immature and selfish - case closed - I dont know him but if I worked with him I would think twice about his fortitude and his character. Maybe he let his father do too much of his marketing?
I know 15 year old kids that would have handled the situation better than Cam.

everyone who watched the press conference knows he handled it wrong. calling a young man a pos for making a poor decision after an emotional event isnt very smart, and you agree with it smh......he can have all the money in the world, he still in his mid twenties and lord knows i wish i would have thought things through in my twenties. you agreeing with him makes you the person that should be looking in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Who is in best position to recover the ball is a matter of the relationship b/w players positions. This pic does not show the position of all relevant players. The only thing it is evidence of is that the party presenting it has an agenda they are pushing imo

I'm indifferent to Cam, don't really like Peyton, and was rooting for the Panthers because of McClain. But I think there are two truisms here:

1) it is impossible to predict who can recover - or who would have recovered - a bouncing football which could carom any which way. Fumble scrums are total free for alls.

2) The Super Bowl is on the line. You have to duck*ing try. You've got to treat that football like it's the last pot of soup that the Soup Nazi is giving away before moving to Argentina.

It was just a momentary impulse - but it was a rather bizarre one. Would be like Brimah backing away from the rebound against Saint Joe's.

Reaction Score
I'm indifferent to Cam, don't really like Peyton, and was rooting for the Panthers because of McClain. But I think there are two truisms here:

1) it is impossible to predict who can recover - or who would have recovered - a bouncing football which could carom any which way. Fumble scrums are total free for alls.

2) The Super Bowl is on the line. You have to duck*ing try. You've got to treat that football like it's the last pot of soup that the Soup Nazi is giving away before moving to Argentina.

It was just a momentary impulse - but it was a rather bizarre one. Would be like Brimah backing away from the rebound against Saint Joe's.

Agreed on all points. My only gripe was the picture in question.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

It obviously scares the bleep out of you.

Reaction Score
Read your statement, you said he's a Black Run first QB, sounds like race to me. Unless you're Black man trying to play a dominantly white position and has to face what he is facing, don't make a comment like that. I'm done. Go to www.foxsports.com and look for the article "The real reason Cam Newton stormed out of his Super Bowl press conference. Honestly, I don't even think ESPN or anyone knows this, you see him overhearing a Bronco player bashing them so after he is done, he leaves, I would have to.

Wow that's eye opening. Even Harris felt upset that the NFL put them in the same room. Watching Cam hear those words and seeing his reaction of them sinking in, he avoided a meltdown or worse saying regrettable words. Not feeling sorry for him, but understanding better as to why. "Its better to understand than to be understood".

As for those discounting his youth and maturity, the context is in his experience losing the biggest game of his life, letting his team down as a leader, being the media focal point for 2 weeks, many people wanting him (not Carolina) to lose, all at the age of 26-27. The kid is inexperienced losing big games especially with so much pressure. Sure he brought a lot on himself, but he probably never expected to lose.

I have a kid his age and if they had done that I would have been very disappointed but not shocked. That is a young age and not an uncommon reaction in that situation for a 20 something in such a public image. The key word is uncommon adding to that being a first timer. I won't name names but there is another high profile 20+ NFL quarterback making horrific decisions right now, and he has never been vilified or name called like Cam. I don't even know if that QB has ever done charitable work either.

Lastly if you see what many 20 somethings (particularly entertainers) are doing these days Cam is considered an angel or at least a decent kid who doesn't like to lose and doesn't handle it well.

Humble pie taste like , but its so good for you.

With maturity and this experience, I expect to not see that again. Can a young adult be allowed to make a 'first time' public mistake?

Reaction Score
It obviously scares the bleep out of you.

How do you figure? I pretty much predicted the outcome of the game to a tee last week. I've seen a lot of sports and a lot of athletes and maybe I'm just not as impressed by Cam Newton as he is of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom