OT: Cam Newton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As per usual most of this is unintelligible. I don't think Cam should be called a POS, and I don't think you should be called a POS. I try to reserve that terminology for people who actually do bad things in life.

I did enjoy that your evidence for not drinking much was that you haven't drank in a week.

Man you're a super poster keep up the good work. I mean there's stalking and then there's just being a ass**le. You have them both covered Einstein! Be proud 7774 :confused:

Post something that isn't questioning people about what they post and maybe you'll feel better about your miserable existence in life.

Reaction Score
I hope he gets there in that regard because he's an athlete none of us have seen in our lifetime.

I don't buy this one either. He's a black run-first QB. He's bigger and stronger than Kaepernick or RGIII, but he's simply not (and may never be) a pocket first passer. As you saw yesterday, it wasn't all that difficult to hem him in, limit his opportunities to run freely and force him to pass to win the Super Bowl. He was 18 for 41 (43%!!!) with 0 TD's and 1 INT.

He's Daunte Culpepper before he tore his ACL, MCL and PCL in 2005.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I know he gives away footballs because he did it during the game yesterday.

I was not impressed with Cam but I can't be too critical because he was up against the GOAT!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
See I don't think "agenda" is correct all the time. How about if people just see things differently than others based on their perception? The good he does cannot be overlooked no matter what the intentions are. But if he wants everyone to know how much he does for kids last night certainly has opened up the floodgates to question how he acted right?

This doesn't make sense. There's zero reason to believe his intentions aren't pure. You don't have to like how the guy acts on the field; as I've said, it rubs me the wrong way too. I don't see any evidence that he doesn't care about the kids or he's just doing charity work so he looks good. Is there any specific reason you feel that way?

Reaction Score
Man you're a super poster keep up the good work. I mean there's stalking and then there's just being a ass**le. You have them both covered Einstein! Be proud 7774 :confused:

Post something that isn't questioning people about what they post and maybe you'll feel better about your miserable existence in life.
You responded to one of my posts, and then I responded to your response. Not sure how that's stalking.

Reaction Score
You responded to one of my posts, and then I responded to your response. Not sure how that's stalking.

My bad sorry I'm just not bright enough to have figured that out 7774. A suggestion, the "Ignore" button works well. Why waste your time babbling "unintelligible" all the time?

Reaction Score
Are you blind? he had the best shot at the ball.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ewton-tapped-out-by-not-diving-on-the-fumble/

Look at the video. He gets the ball if he dives. He has the best shot at it.
Sorry but I totally disagree. I think he has a very solid shot at it if he dives but there's no way you can say that he'd definitely get it instead of Ware even if he dives, especially given the weird hops that a football can take when trying to corral it. Your black and white view of this is just wrong.

Reaction Score
This doesn't make sense. There's zero reason to believe his intentions aren't pure. You don't have to like how the guy acts on the field; as I've said, it rubs me the wrong way too. I don't see any evidence that he doesn't care about the kids or he's just doing charity work so he looks good. Is there any specific reason you feel that way?

Wait I didn't say I felt that way I really don't know. I said "people" and their perception not me. He may very well be the greatest guy with kids but then show them how to act when you lose is more my point Rico.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I totally disagree. I think he has a very solid shot at it if he dives but there's no way you can say that he'd definitely get it instead of Ware even if he dives, especially given the weird hops that a football can take when trying to corral it. Your black and white view of this is just wrong.

oh my, you think I'm saying 100% he definitely get s it? No. I'm saying he probably gets it. I mean, how the hell would anyone know the outcome?

Reaction Score

He had a chance at it but there was a mitt already there. Could it have been his, maybe but I would agree it was still a 50-50 at best.

Reaction Score
Are you blind? he had the best shot at the ball.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ewton-tapped-out-by-not-diving-on-the-fumble/

Look at the video. He gets the ball if he dives. He has the best shot at it.

Its not like he's a frail kicker trying to go at it. He could inject fear himself launching at the ball, not to mention he's strong enough to compete for it in the scrum. By the way its not so much he didn't dive but that he actually stepped jumped back as if the ball was kryptonite.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wait I didn't say I felt that way I really don't know. I said "people" and their perception not me. He may very well be the greatest guy with kids but then show them how to act when you lose is more my point Rico.

That's fine, I was more wondering why deep thinks Cam is putting on an act when there's really no evidence that he is. Dislike the guy, that's fine; crossing the line and saying stuff that you have no basis for is just disingenuous and doesn't smell right to me.

Reaction Score
oh my, you think I'm saying 100% he definitely get s it? No. I'm saying he probably gets it. I mean, how the hell would anyone know the outcome?
And I quote, "He gets the ball if he dives".... you sound pretty sure to me.

Reaction Score
Its not like he's a frail kicker trying to go at it. He could inject fear himself launching at the ball, not to mention he's strong enough to compete for it in the scrum. By the way its not so much he didn't dive but actually stepped jumped back as if the ball was kryptonite.

Now as i watched it I tried to figure out what a big SOB like him who has never shied away was thinking. Now I'm going to scare all of you and defend him in thinking maybe he saw the scrum being one that would have the ball squirt out his way and he wanted to prepare to be the only outside the pile to get to it? I mean after he realized it was staying he did throw himself in, although late he may have had another reason in his mind? Just sayin'

Reaction Score
If you think all he does is give away footballs you should use google and look up his foundation and what he actually does so you can have an educated response, because as of now you sound clueless

Oh, he has a foundation?

Rasheed Wallace has a foundation too. He has more technical fouls than anyone in the history of the NBA and was suspended 7 games for threatening a referee. He started the foundation the following year to help with his image. Sometimes PR firms will suggest things like that, you know. It's not "clueless" to throw the theory out that he's mainly concerned with his image.

Reaction Score
My bad sorry I'm just not bright enough to have figured that out 7774. A suggestion, the "Ignore" button works well. Why waste your time babbling "unintelligible" all the time?
There is no need for me to ignore you, you don't bother me. Seems like you should probably ignore me though.

Reaction Score
That's fine, I was more wondering why deep thinks Cam is putting on an act when there's really no evidence that he is. Dislike the guy, that's fine; crossing the line and saying stuff that you have no basis for is just disingenuous and doesn't smell right to me.

1) He got tabbed as pouting after losses early in his career. Towel over his head in pressers. Short, snotty answers.
2) They win and everything is fine. Smiles. Dabs. Commercials. Brand climbs and climbs to an all time high.
3) (Oh, and his foundation and charitable side is heavily publicized during that "rebirth")
4) The last two weeks, he wanted the camera to tell everyone how great he was.
5) Shts the bed in the Super Bowl and reverts right back to rookie year Cam at the presser.

I believe the smilin' dabber was the guy he wants you to think he is. And that brings in the money and the good times. But under the surface, I still think he's that pouting sore loser, poor sport rookie.

Reaction Score

There's something about him that rubs people the wrong way Rico it happens with these guys. I'm guessing there's a racial tone to much of it across the country based on our world today. I know it's not for me and I know Deep well enough to believe the same. As someone brought up Ben Rothlisberger, if we compare the individuals it's not close. Cam is just a guy who is over the top and seems a bit selfish in his ascend to the elite of the NFL, the other guy got away with things which are despicable in character and beyond just flaws. He is a "POS" and to me now a fraud for his sudden change. He felt he was owed something which was beyond disgusting it would seem and mistreating women is so much worst than dances and leaving podium's.

Cam's "flaws" are so different they are just in his manner and I should have never labeled these in the realm of him being a "POS" - my bad. I just don't care for the man, the player I should say.

Reaction Score
There is no need for me to ignore you, you don't bother me. Seems like you should probably ignore me though.

Don't know who you are and you've never brought anything of substance to any thread that I can recall why would I? Your call

Reaction Score
And I quote, "He gets the ball if he dives".... you sound pretty sure to me.

Yeah, I am sure, but you want me to be the Oracle of Delphi. How would anyone know the future? I think he gets the ball. Which is why I wrote, he gets the ball.

Reaction Score
Oh, he has a foundation?

Rasheed Wallace has a foundation too. He has more technical fouls than anyone in the history of the NBA and was suspended 7 games for threatening a referee. He started the foundation the following year to help with his image. Sometimes PR firms will suggest things like that, you know. It's not "clueless" to throw the theory out that he's mainly concerned with his image.
It is clueless and really odd to "throw out a theory" that all the good he does is simply done to help his brand without a single piece of evidence to support it.

I think if you actually took the time to look into what he does and has done since he was in college for children you would clearly be surprised (because right now you clearly do not have any idea of what he does or has done) and it may give you a little more prescriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom