OT: Cam Newton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is a POS because he dared to have fun and be the most exciting players playing a child's game for entertainment......Wow, i thought you had to hurt or kill someone to earn the title POS. Guess my standards need adjusting.

Aaron Rodgers double-checking touchdown and Big Ben shaking off not one, but two rape allegations...but Cam is a POS. Funny thing is, i am not a Cam fan but i recognize the talent. To call him a POS....#Murica

Reaction Score

People questioned those (me) who don't care for the guy because many think his antics are selfish and over the top. Well when you play it that way all year and yourself in the Super Bowl then act like this after the game, you've proven me and so many others right. A talented guy, but really just a selfish POS. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!;)

Oh yeah and people calling Ted Ginn some things appropriate, did you watch this guy keep his nose out of that fumble?

you yourself have made all the right decisions in life. he is young and not perfect. everytime i read something you write, its always insensitive and wrong. you post alot and are always wrong i noticed lately. im wrong in predictions also, but your analysis of everything sucks. i dont call people pos, i think you are one. over a year ago i looked forward to your input, but lately your input sucks and sounds like a person who drinks alot and is unhappy.

Reaction Score
you yourself have made all the right decisions in life. he is young and not perfect. everytime i read something you write, its always insensitive and wrong. you post alot and are always wrong i noticed lately. im wrong in predictions also, but your analysis of everything sucks. i dont call people pos, i think you are one. over a year ago i looked forward to your input, but lately your input sucks and sounds like a person who drinks alot and is unhappy.

Oh well it would mean so much more if you were on the same page with me, kidding not at all. I could care less what you think honestly and this guy makes millions and millions of dollars so he is prone to the opinion of others I am not so to even compare makes you look pretty stupid. But hey everyone gets their opinion. Thanks for yours!;)

While I like to have fun I don't drink a lot at all, haven't had a drink in almost a week not even a super bowl party. And besides losing mom this past week I am one of the happiest bastards on earth. So again you look like a fool and based on your pinion of me I might have to turn this around and think the same of your sad a** remarks. So for now GFY. I mentioned above POS may have been harsh bu I'm not the only one who thinks this by the way. But again, you have you're own opinion as small minded as it is.

Reaction Score
He is a POS because he dared to have fun and be the most exciting players playing a child's game for entertainment.Wow, i thought you had to hurt or kill someone to earn the title POS. Guess my standards need adjusting.

Aaron Rodgers double-checking touchdown and Big Ben shaking off not one, but two rape allegations...but Cam is a POS. Funny thing is, i am not a Cam fan but i recognize the talent. To call him a POS....#Murica

Ben is a "POS" too;)..ok POS is harsh. But I do not like Ben at all and the allegations actually make him a much bigger "POS" than Cam by far I agree. He's a fraud, trying to be a good guy now but he's a much worst person than Cam has ever been I would agree 100%. But in case no one noticed he wasn't playing and he didn't go to the podium after losing the Super Bowl last night unless I missed him?

Reaction Score
It's not hate, he's just a bad passer. He's wildly inaccurate and if he gets behind and has to throw that's not a strength of his.

It's completely appropriate that the irrational hate that has been heaped on Manning can now be smoothly transitioned to a new, undeserving target.

Reaction Score
I am not a football fan, let me say that first and foremost, but in my head the quarterback is more important than every other guy out there in a helmet right? If he dives in there headfirst and ends up breaking his neck... I'm guessing the same people who are angry would be angry about that too.

There are pluses and minuses from all angles, I think a star player in some instances does need to worry more about keeping himself healthy even if its the last game of the year. I have Anthony Davis in fantasy this year and I need the guy to stop jumping into the stands and hurting his back, stop getting concussions during games... I want you to play every game, not play like a warrior in one game a week where you hurt yourself and then cant play. Also had Bryce Harper in baseball last year and felt the same way

TB12, Peyton and really any franchise QB isn't diving headfirst into a pile to get a football he fumbled.. I don't believe that for one second.

We are making excuses now. There are plenty of videos showing franchise QBs diving headfirst for balls, or diving over goallines, etc. Newton himself is not afraid to risk his body. He ran right at Miller in the 2nd quarter and was hit hard out of bounce. So I don't think he's afraid of getting hurt. The discussion is really why didn't he dive when he should have? As I saw it, he would have recovered the fumble if he just dove.

Reaction Score
Cam did not play a terrible game, if Peyton still had that kind of arm he wouldn't be hanging them up. The disappointment on a SuperBowl loss must be devastating so cut him some slack. Think about our reaction to a final four loss or even a Tulsa one!

Reaction Score
Cam did not play a terrible game, if Peyton still had that kind of arm he wouldn't be hanging them up. The disappointment on a SuperBowl loss must be devastating so cut him some slack. Think about our reaction to a final four loss or even a Tulsa one!

Someone though is to blame for that offensive performance. Maybe the playcaller? Because it was just wrong against that defense. QB fumbles and sacks from holding the ball too long. Just pretty dumb football there. Long developing plays, etc.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is a young guy who needs to continue to grow up. He has gotten better, but walking out of the press conference did not help his cause for all the haters and doubters. Anyone who says this man does not have talent, does not know what they are talking about. When you win the time of possession, total yards both usually result in a W. However, when you lead in turnovers and the other team turns them into 17 points, you lose, quite simple. Denver's D was nothing like they faced all year, extremely fast up the middle and coming off the edge. This team in CAROLINA has talent, and will continue to develop and more than likely be back in the Super Bowl in the next few years if not next season for sure. What's crucial for Cam is that he still continues to mature and get better with dealing with his emotions and the media. I hope he gets there in that regard because he's an athlete none of us have seen in our lifetime. He is not D bag, etc.. This guy is passionate about winning, does a lot for the community, loves the kids and shows it on the field and off with all his charity work. Should he have dove, probably but unless you are in that position or played at that level, reaction time is everything and he just reacted slowly and then realized it was too late to dive. Life goes on, games go on, CAROLINA will be fine, Cam will be fine.. This game will not define his legacy but the behavior after losses can, if he can improve and mature in that area, his talent will take care of the rest.

Sorry - I don't buy the maturity stuff
The guy is a QB and has been in the league as a starter for 5 years - NOT a 1st or 2nd yr guy.
QBs are supposed to be leaders or they are ineffective
As a leader he has to take the good with the bad.
perhaps if his Daddy was with him at the presser he would have handled it better?
These guys who make all this insane money have to begin to understand that they owe it to the public to be tolerant. I don't mean in cases where people act racially or bigoted BUT I don't remember anyone (in the press) doing that this past two weeks.
If you want to point out the maturity aspect fine - then Cam is a kid and a kid should not be leading a professional team on the field.
Yeah he can smile when meeting Peyton after the game but I think he did that because he thought he ought to (good for him).
Handing the press is something he will have to do from now until he retires and after.
In the games biggest arena, to act like that after a loss, is unacceptable. Ive seen college guys who have lost parents/grandparents and played and win or lose then went to meet the press after and handle it like soldiers. Cam lost a game.
Maybe it's the organizations fault but I would hope a 5 yr seasoned starting QB would show more guts then what was on the podium last night.

Reaction Score
I hate the showboating rubbish and I'm a long long time Bronco fan (Morton as qb), but I don't hate the guy. He's a talent, he's going to have to learn how to manage the backside of the persona he's created when it goes sideways. He's got to learn in those moments to say what people want to hear whether he believes it or not.

How funny was it last night when Faulk is talking about how hard it was to sit and answer questions after a SB loss and they go to Irving who says and I'm paraphrasing "I don't know anything about that because I never lost one of these"

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

WOW
You my friend have a problem
instead of making accusations and suppositions about someone you do not know, after writing this you better look at yourself in the mirror and see whats ailing you.
Cam is not an 18 year old and wants people to respect him? He walks out of a press conference of his professions biggest arena?
Who is kidding who here. Cam is immature and selfish - case closed - I dont know him but if I worked with him I would think twice about his fortitude and his character. Maybe he let his father do too much of his marketing?
I know 15 year old kids that would have handled the situation better than Cam.

Reaction Score
That is a good Carolina team. Denver had no offensive answer to the Carolina defense. This loss was all on Carolina QB play. Missed receivers early, fumbles throughout. Cam set himself up as the new prototype by his comments and then couldn't back it up and then couldn't handle the heat of failure. Joe Namath got away with his big comments Cam didn't.
Don't know Cam, have never been the best of anything so not sure how would handle that type of success or the fall from that type of perch. Have been his age and cringe at some of the stupid stuff I've said and done. Time will tell what type of a person he gets to be, not a real fan of his (still don't buy he had no idea about the money flowing around his college recruitment) but the guy is still a WIP in becoming who he will eventually be. Michael Jordan wasn't the best loser, nor Magic or Bird - sometimes there is a down side to being so good/competitive and young, they turned out alright.

Reaction Score
WOW
You my friend have a problem
instead of making accusations and suppositions about someone you do not know, after writing this z you better look at yourself in the mirror and see whats ailing you.
Cam is not an 18 year old and wants people to respect him? He walks out of a press conference of his professions biggest arena?
Who is kidding who here. Cam is immature and selfish - case closed - I dont know him but if I worked with him I would think twice about his fortitude and his character. Maybe he let his father do too much of his marketing?
I know 15 year old kids that would have handled the situation better than Cam.
So you're mad at him for making accusations and suppositions about someone he does not know while you're doing the exact same thing about Cam Newton?

Reaction Score
So you're mad at him for making accusations and suppositions about someone he does not know while you're doing the exact same thing about Cam Newton?

None of us are Cam Newton this is a board based on opinion of people who are in the limelight and ask us to do so. You don't think the way he acts, the way he is on the field and off he isn't asking to have the lights on him? Well if you want them you need to live up to them.

Funny people actually would compare any of us (or most of) to these athletes. The Boneyard is for discussion of UConn basketball and other sporting events. Do we just ignore everything and only discuss the wonderful things they bring to us night in night out?

The guy went from questioning me about calling him a POS (I deserve that, shouldn't have gone there) to telling me I am one as well as letting me know no one likes me, my life blows and I drink too much. You think that's normal? :eek:

Reaction Score
If he dove, the Panthers would have recovered the ball and not given up a crucial 7 points.
There is no way you can make that claim. Had he dove, the Broncos very well may have still recovered the ball. Don't let that get in the way of your point though.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a POS for walking out of an interview dealing with reporters who have had an agenda with him all year. As you see in the picture Kitaman posted he congratulates Peyton with a smile on his face after the game, a very classy move. I don't see the reason for all the Cam is selfish talk all season for doing the dab, having fun, and giving away footballs to kids anytime he scores. Did Aaron Rodgers do to much with his championship belt?

Him not diving for the ball did look really bad though.
Are you kidding me? He just bombed in the super bowl. Smiling afterwards obviously shows he doesn't care at all. He should have congratulated Peyton with a look of pure misery and disappointment on his face. That would be the team player approach.

/s

Reaction Score
Carolina Panthers' message board is having a meltdown with racist trolls.

Reaction Score
Calling someone a POS who you have never met and does so much for children of need and with disabilities because he dances too much on the field is mind boggling stupid

Let's not get carried away with the Cam the Savior comments. Giving away footballs and doing "so much for children" is all part of his branding and media persona. He wants the energy drinks and video game piece of this business just as much (if not more) than he wants to sit in a room watching game film (which he clearly should have done more of the last 2 weeks).

When the rubber hit the road and he had to stand up and take some questions, he showed his true colors as a pouty baby.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away with the Cam the Savior comments. Giving away footballs and doing "so much for children" is all part of his branding and media persona. He wants the energy drinks and video game piece of this business just as much (if not more) than he wants to sit in a room watching game film (which he clearly should have done more of the last 2 weeks).

When the rubber hit the road and he had to stand up and take some questions, he showed his true colors as a pouty baby.

C'mon dude, you can't just ignore all the good he does. You obviously don't know s#!t about the guy, but you know that all the good he does is just part of branding? And do you really think the NFL MVP doesn't watch enough film? Did you say the same about Manning two years ago when he was 10 times worse against a similar defense?

It's pretty clear you have an agenda against the guy, hard to take this post seriously.

Reaction Score

If you think all he does is give away footballs you should use google and look up his foundation and what he actually does so you can have an educated response, because as of now you sound clueless

Reaction Score

"pouty baby", that's what I was looking for instead of "POS" thank you Deepster for coming up with the perfect description I could not.;)

Reaction Score
None of us are Cam Newton this is a board based on opinion of people who are in the limelight and ask us to do so. You don't think the way he acts, the way he is on the field and off he isn't asking to have the lights on him? Well if you want them you need to live up to them.

Funny people actually would compare any of us (or most of) to these athletes. The Boneyard is for discussion of UConn basketball and other sporting events. Do we just ignore everything and only discuss the wonderful things they bring to us night in night out?

The guy went from questioning me about calling him a POS (I deserve that, shouldn't have gone there) to telling me I am one as well as letting me know no one likes me, my life blows and I drink too much. You think that's normal? :eek:
As per usual most of this is unintelligible. I don't think Cam should be called a POS, and I don't think you should be called a POS. I try to reserve that terminology for people who actually do bad things in life.

I did enjoy that your evidence for not drinking much was that you haven't drank in a week.

Reaction Score
C'mon dude, you can't just ignore all the good he does. You obviously don't know s#!t about the guy, but you know that all the good he does is just part of branding? And do you really think the NFL MVP doesn't watch enough film? Did you say the same about Manning two years ago when he was 10 times worse against a similar defense?

It's pretty clear you have an agenda against the guy, hard to take this post seriously.

See I don't think "agenda" is correct all the time. How about if people just see things differently than others based on their perception? The good he does cannot be overlooked no matter what the intentions are. But if he wants everyone to know how much he does for kids last night certainly has opened up the floodgates to question how he acted right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom