OT: Cam Newton | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He was a scumbag even at Auburn...and at Florida.

Reaction Score
Don't know who you are and you've never brought anything of substance to any thread that I can recall why would I? Your call
Well one reason is that you seem very irritated by my posts, like the one in this thread where I stated I didn't think anyone should call you a POS, and you responded by calling me a " ass**le".

Another reason would be that you don't think I've ever brought anything of substance to the board, so it seems like from a logical perspective, those are people you could ignore and not really lose anything.

I really thought even you would be able to piece that second one together.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He was a scumbag even at Auburn...and at Florida.

Oh really you knew him personally? Or you just know how to read a random ESPN article?

Reaction Score
The post game interview is somewhat understandable. I can see not wanting to answer questions. But he's hardly the first qb to lose in the super bowl. How do we think Russell Wilson felt last year after losing like that? Can couldve at least congratulated the Broncos and credited their defense. But overall it's not the worst thing in the world

BUT when you put it in context with how he acted in he nfc championship game, then it's really bad. I was cringing during that game and stopped being a cam fan. Up 35 or so in the 4th and he's out celebrating after every play. After two touchdowns he was dancing in front of the fans and Greg Olson has to come grab him and take him to the sidelines and stop rubbing it in. Leads a team photo on the sidelines with 5 min to go in the game! It was really bad.

And two weeks later he sucks and just pouts and acts like a baby. Don't dish it out of you can't take it cam. Kind of reminds me of lebron. It's all gravy and about them when it's going good. Then when things go bad just sort of
Give up and pout

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It is clueless and really odd to "throw out a theory" that all the good he does is simply done to help his brand without a single piece of evidence to support it.

I think if you actually took the time to look into what he does and has done since he was in college for children you would clearly be surprised (because right now you clearly do not have any idea of what he does or has done) and it may give you a little more prescriptive.
The perspective is clear. The cookie jar money has been well spent. After choking in the big spot and acting like churl afterwards, he has people he doesn't even know carrying his water.

Reaction Score
It is clueless and really odd to "throw out a theory" that all the good he does is simply done to help his brand without a single piece of evidence to support it.

I think if you actually took the time to look into what he does and has done since he was in college for children you would clearly be surprised (because right now you clearly do not have any idea of what he does or has done) and it may give you a little more prescriptive.

What "evidence" could you get? A video of him admitting it?

Listen. I feel that, at the end of the day, you saw the "real" Cam Newton in the post game presser. You can think differently if you'd like.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Oh really you knew him personally? Or you just know how to read a random ESPN article?
Had friends that went to Alabama and throughout the Iron Bowl he was taunting players, fans, and coaches. Not to mention he maintained his celebration antics, its just that he didn't lose in college.

Reaction Score
And Cam Newton isn't even from Hartford, imagine the irrational vitriol Deepster would be spewing about Cam if he was from the heartbeat.

Did we make it through the weekend without a murder? At least we have that going for us today.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am sure, but you want me to be the Oracle of Delphi. How would anyone know the future? I think he gets the ball. Which is why I wrote, he gets the ball.
Which brings me back to my original point, there's no way someone can reasonably say with as much confidence as you have, that Ware wouldn't have gotten that ball if Newton had dove.

Reaction Score
Ok, seeing as how everyone is in a pissy, judgmental mood today, I'm surprised no one has commented on Peyton's "I'm going to be drinking lots of Budweiser beer tonight..."

Does he have an endorsement deal with them? It just seemed such an odd thing to say, both during the interview after the game and then again on stage.

Reaction Score
Well one reason is that you seem very irritated by my posts, like the one in this thread where I stated I didn't think anyone should call you a POS, and you responded by calling me a " ass**le".

Another reason would be that you don't think I've ever brought anything of substance to the board, so it seems like from a logical perspective, those are people you could ignore and not really lose anything.

I really thought even you would be able to piece that second one together.

I'm guessing anyone would believe a person who has the time to read my posts, then every time he does he calls them unintelligible as you have consistently is exactly that, I won't mince words. Tell me I'm wrong?

I may disagree with people for sure but I will not ridicule how they type out their thoughts as to me that comes from someone who is very high on themselves and/or their education. Congrats on that, whatever it may be.

Reaction Score
Ok, seeing as how everyone is in a pissy, judgmental mood today, I'm surprised no one has commented on Peyton's "I'm going to be drinking lots of Budweiser beer tonight..."

Does he have an endorsement deal with them? It just seemed such an odd thing to say, both during the interview after the game and then again on stage.

LOL I though for sure he did. They said this morning NO deal at all that was just him but they thanked him. Guessing there is something more to it considering the use of the beer itself:eek:

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away with the Cam the Savior comments. Giving away footballs and doing "so much for children" is all part of his branding and media persona. He wants the energy drinks and video game piece of this business just as much (if not more) than he wants to sit in a room watching game film (which he clearly should have done more of the last 2 weeks).

When the rubber hit the road and he had to stand up and take some questions, he showed his true colors as a pouty baby.
Seen many crazy posts on this board but the idea that Cam didn't prepare well enough because he didn't see quite enough game film in the 2 weeks? His receivers were covered and his offensive line wasn't getting the job done. There are 10 other players out there.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What "evidence" could you get? A video of him admitting it?

Listen. I feel that, at the end of the day, you saw the "real" Cam Newton in the post game presser. You can think differently if you'd like.

I actually feel sorry for you. It must be causing you a lot of inner turmoil to see a guy like Cam win the MVP award, make it to the Super Bowl, sign a contract like that and receive so much attention. I hope you can come to terms with it.

Reaction Score
Who the hell would criticize him for doing things that influence people's perception of him - foundation, giving balls away, whatever - the guy makes part of his living on perception as do all of us to some degree.

Why does yapping in sports cause so much angst in people? It's not my style, but my style isn't theirs either most likely - it's not right or wrong it's just different.

Play on a team where there's guys from all different places, background, economic strata, motivation, etc. and you'll get used to different being just different, not better or worse.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing anyone would believe a person who has the time to read my posts, then every time he does he calls them unintelligible as you have consistently is exactly that, I won't mince words. Tell me I'm wrong?

I may disagree with people for sure but I will not ridicule how they type out their thoughts as to me that comes from someone who is very high on themselves and/or their education. Congrats on that, whatever it may be.
You thinking you don't ridicule others people's thoughts on this board is amazing.

Reaction Score
Seen many crazy posts on this board but the idea that Cam didn't prepare well enough because he didn't see quite enough game film in the 2 weeks? His receivers were covered and his offensive line wasn't getting the job done. There are 10 other players out there.
Agree with this. He didn't play well, but his receivers are turds, and the pressure he got from the rush was insane. You can't just chuck the ball up there when your receivers aren't open. Cotchery bobbled that ball that would have been a 24 yard gain (refs blew the call, it never touched the ground, but he should have caught it cleanly), and 2 plays later, Denver strips the ball for a td. Cotchery also dropped a sideline pass inside the 10 yard line before the kicker missed a fg. Even Brady would have been hard pressed to get it done under those circumstances, which of course, we saw 2 weeks ago. When a team is blowing up your offensive line like that, you have to make them pay with the quick, short pass. Carolina isn't built to do that. They need to upgrade their receiving corps.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
1) He got tabbed as pouting after losses early in his career. Towel over his head in pressers. Short, snotty answers.
2) They win and everything is fine. Smiles. Dabs. Commercials. Brand climbs and climbs to an all time high.
3) (Oh, and his foundation and charitable side is heavily publicized during that "rebirth")
4) The last two weeks, he wanted the camera to tell everyone how great he was.
5) Shts the bed in the Super Bowl and reverts right back to rookie year Cam at the presser.

I believe the smilin' dabber was the guy he wants you to think he is. And that brings in the money and the good times. But under the surface, I still think he's that pouting sore loser, poor sport rookie.

I have no idea what his immaturity level has to do with whether or not his dealings with his charity are genuine. The guy needs to do some growing up, but suggesting he doesn't care about his charity is a cheap, baseless accusation.

Reaction Score
Which brings me back to my original point, there's no way someone can reasonably say with as much confidence as you have, that Ware wouldn't have gotten that ball if Newton had dove.

Ware's arm comes out, but it fumbles it. The ball is then left free on the ground. He stopped diving from it when he saw the arm come out. But then Ware doesn't grab it. If he dove, he would have doved on a free ball. Whether someone wrestles it from him after is something no one can predict.

Reaction Score
You thinking you don't ridicule others people's thoughts on this board is amazing.

I ridicule opinions on some occasions I do I admit that. Not how smart or stupid I believe they are. Because someone believes AB is a great player and I disagree doesn't make them stupid, or wrong for that matter. But if I told them they once again they write "unintelligible" (as you have done) they would deem me an arrogant elitist AH and they should. That's they way you come off. But hey if that's you, cool.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did we make it through the weekend without a murder? At least we have that going for us today.
It was snowing and there was the Super Bowl - no one was on the streets

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Newton didn't handle the presser like I'd prefer to see a "team leader" handle it. OTOH, if he does this repeatedly a la Belichick, eventually nobody would care.

The difference being that Belichick is terse and bellicose regardless if his team won or not. So all Cam needs to do is act this same way after Panther wins :)

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Sorry - I don't buy the maturity stuff
The guy is a QB and has been in the league as a starter for 5 years - NOT a 1st or 2nd yr guy.
QBs are supposed to be leaders or they are ineffective
As a leader he has to take the good with the bad.
perhaps if his Daddy was with him at the presser he would have handled it better?
These guys who make all this insane money have to begin to understand that they owe it to the public to be tolerant. I don't mean in cases where people act racially or bigoted BUT I don't remember anyone (in the press) doing that this past two weeks.
If you want to point out the maturity aspect fine - then Cam is a kid and a kid should not be leading a professional team on the field.
Yeah he can smile when meeting Peyton after the game but I think he did that because he thought he ought to (good for him).
Handing the press is something he will have to do from now until he retires and after.
In the games biggest arena, to act like that after a loss, is unacceptable. Ive seen college guys who have lost parents/grandparents and played and win or lose then went to meet the press after and handle it like soldiers. Cam lost a game.
Maybe it's the organizations fault but I would hope a 5 yr seasoned starting QB would show more guts then what was on the podium last night.
Don't disagree with your reply at all, he should have handled it better, period end of story. Let's see if realizes that and comes out and addresses that, if he does that step in right direction, if not well, enough said.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I don't buy this one either. He's a black run-first QB. He's bigger and stronger than Kaepernick or RGIII, but he's simply not (and may never be) a pocket first passer. As you saw yesterday, it wasn't all that difficult to hem him in, limit his opportunities to run freely and force him to pass to win the Super Bowl. He was 18 for 41 (43%!!!) with 0 TD's and 1 INT.

He's Daunte Culpepper before he tore his ACL, MCL and PCL in 2005.
Why brings race in this, shows ignorance to which doesn't warrant acknowledging your comment. Brady is a pocket QB and look what that D did to him so your logic there doesn't make sense either. Look, I am not a CAROLINA fan, but I see talent and call it like I see it. I've work with minor and pro athletes and there has never been a Athlete period with his skill set or talent, is he the most accurate, no but he's improving in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom