Big 12 votes to pursue expansion | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"my great uncle's cousin is married to the TCU AD" sounds obscure enough to be legit and not such a close relation that you absolutely can't believe it. Count me amongst the group that believes your great uncles cousins wife's husband. I'm buyin...for what its worth.

Reaction Score
"my great uncle's cousin is married to the TCU AD" sounds obscure enough to be legit and not such a close relation that you absolutely can't believe it.
Also sound like a solid replacement for the carwash meme.

Reaction Score
Saw this on TOS. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Sorry for posting? It should be posted everywhere constantly and shown to every person associated with the Big 12 and conference realignment. It's insane we are still in this position and are being compared to these schools. Also why does the chart say Connecticut includes Fairfield County? Are some people under the impression Fairfield County is a part of Texas?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Sorry for posting? It should be posted everywhere constantly and shown to every person associated with the Big 12 and conference realignment. It's insane we are still in this position and are being compared to these schools. Also why does the chart say Connecticut includes Fairfield County? Are some people under the impression Fairfield County is a part of Texas?
Because Fairfield county is part of NYC DMA. Most outside reporters usually only count Hartford/New Haven market and don't give us credit for the whole state.

And this chart was put together by @UConn07 so be sure to thank Matt for his efforts.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Read the Twitter replies below for a nice kick in the nuts.

DESPITE looking right at raw figures and numbers, "football school" fans screaming "BS" just because they don't like the numbers in front of them. The one guy saying "UConn can spin this however way it wants" is truly rage inducing.

Reaction Score
I just meant if I was repeating something that was already on the board 50 times.

Reaction Score
Read the Twitter replies below for a nice kick in the nuts.

DESPITE looking right at raw figures and numbers, "football school" fans screaming "BS" just because they don't like the numbers in front of them. The one guy saying "UConn can spin this however way it wants" is truly rage inducing.
Yes I saw that and chose to ignore it as stupid. As I'm sure you know you can point at a blue sky and say it is blue and still find a bunch of people who will tell you you're wrong.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yes I saw that and chose to ignore it as stupid. As I'm sure you know you can point at a blue sky and say it is blue and still find a bunch of people who will tell you you're wrong.
True, but my problem is that the B12 presidents are likely as dumb and ignorant as the guys we are reading about. Football in the south is just an irrational beast, and it makes southern men make irrational choices.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow a literal handful of Twitter fans nixed us, how screwed are we?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
True, but my problem is that the B12 presidents are likely as dumb and ignorant as the guys we are reading about. Football in the south is just an irrational beast, and it makes southern men make irrational choices.

Money is an even more irrational beast, and they dance to it's tune like a moth to a flame.

Reaction Score
Wow a literal handful of Twitter fans nixed us, how screwed are we?

As usual, you contributed nothing of value to an otherwise interesting thread. Do you think it is cute to be a ?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
As usual, you contributed nothing of value to an otherwise interesting thread. Do you think it is cute to be a ?
No, he's just always the most level headed poster on here, he never lets anything rattle him.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't help but think that it's going to be BYU, Houston, Cincy and Memphis.

Had I heard any inkling of Gee or some other B12 bigwig visiting Storrs and saying positive things, I'd be more optimistic. But given BYU is all but a lock for FB, Houston and Memphis have both been visited and vetted, and Cincy's geographic advantage, I'm thinking we're out in the cold yet again.

I would be delighted to be wrong on this.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think that it's going to be BYU, Houston, Cincy and Memphis.

Had I heard any inkling of Gee or some other B12 bigwig visiting Storrs and saying positive things, I'd be more optimistic. But given BYU is all but a lock for FB, Houston and Memphis have both been visited and vetted, and Cincy's geographic advantage, I'm thinking we're out in the cold yet again.

I would be delighted to be wrong on this.
The former President of Kansas St Kirk Schulz (who was the chairman of the B-12 expansion committee by the way) made the trip out here when the K St women played UConn this past season. He had dinner with Herbst at the house Hartford that was purchased by UConn to entertain and host things like this. He put a few tweets out about how much he enjoyed his time here and that he and his wife enjoyed having dinner with Herbst and learning about UConn. I would say that wasn't just a social visit.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Angry old man throwing around ad hominems. What else is new?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Also, now you know how it feels for the rest of us whenever you gum up recruiting threads.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The former President of Kansas St Kirk Schulz (who was the chairman of the B-12 expansion committee by the way) made the trip out here when the K St women played UConn this past season. He had dinner with Herbst at the house Hartford that was purchased by UConn to entertain and host things like this. He put a few tweets out about how much he enjoyed his time here and that he and his wife enjoyed having dinner with Herbst and learning about UConn. I would say that wasn't just a social visit.

My pessimism forces me to invoke Rule #1 and point out that "former" and "was" are the two key operative words here.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. But if I'm right, I hope they replace all the urinals at the Rent with porcelain castings of Hathaway's head so fans can piss down his throat in perpetuity.

Reaction Score
Also, now you know how it feels for the rest of us whenever you gum up recruiting threads.

School is in session and the angry old man is teaching. I don't gum up the recruiting threads nor does anyone else that says "mean things" about our opponents or their coaches or the NCAA or whatever. It is the responses from the three headed douchenozzle that gums them up. Ignore the occasional "insult" toward the squid or boeheim or whomever and nothing will get gummed up. But continue to jump on every post by certain posters and it will get gummed up. You children have more ego than sense.

Reaction Score
I'd take the B12 in a heartbeat. If we don't get in now we might never get in P5 at least in my life time. Reading various posts has also diminished my confidence but I am hoping big time.

Reaction Score
Count me among the optimistic. Looking at the chart someone posted on p.4 of the thread makes it seem like we are leaps and bounds more desirable than cincy, byu and uh despite our lackluster football.

But i'm a CR noob, so there's that.

Reaction Score
I'd take the B12 in a heartbeat. If we don't get in now we might never get in P5 at least in my life time. Reading various posts has also diminished my confidence but I am hoping big time.

This is a classic rock/hard place scenario. The Big 12 is not the best place for us. It isn't even the second best. It might not even be the third best. It is pretty bad, geographically and logistically. But it also isn't the worst. And, as you say, it might be our only hope. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe we get lucky and this motivates the B1G to pull us in earlier than they planned to? Yeah, I know, a pipe dream....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom