Big 12 votes to pursue expansion | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Posted this elsewhere but buy football season tix. Benedict tweeted to how important this is and has been hammering this home in every interview he's done since this Big 12 stuff has started last week. Tickets for the full season start at $112.. really no reason not to get at least 2 if you live within 2 hours of the Rent and want better for UConn as an athletic department. Plus the team should be pretty dang good this year and the schedule is one of our best home schedules in a while

Link to buy: http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...linkID=uconn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Reaction Score
If they go with 2 teams, we're screwed, if they go 4, I think we're in

Reaction Score
If I want to buy some season tickets in the best "cheapish" section, where should I get them? I'll buy some and give them away here.

If I buy another set for myself, assuming I'll only actually attend 1-2 games and give the rest away, what section is best bang for the buck? (If I fly up for it, I want a good seat)

Reaction Score
Yeah I feel like they just LIKE Cincinnati better as a fit and feel like they're the first in and the case isn't awful. Major league market, competitive in all the sports they want them to be competitive in. Football is perfectly fine. Basketball is good. Baseball is making colossal steps forward and they play in a pretty great facility, so to the only conference where that means something; that counts for something, too.

I feel like we HAVE to be a runaway #2. BYU has a better football program. And that's where the $$ is at. But after that - with hoops, market size and the whole enchilada factored in - I'm not really sure where the discussion is...

So i'd agree with the general perception that we'll cut it close if it's two teams. We're a total slam dunk if its four.

Reaction Score
If I want to buy some season tickets in the best "cheapish" section, where should I get them? I'll buy some and give them away here.

If I buy another set for myself, assuming I'll only actually attend 1-2 games and give the rest away, what section is best bang for the buck? (If I fly up for it, I want a good seat)

Look up "Top of the Rent" seats. I think they are like $140 for all 7 games.

Reaction Score
Yeah I feel like they just LIKE Cincinnati better as a fit and feel like they're the first in and the case isn't awful. Major league market, competitive in all the sports they want them to be competitive in. Football is perfectly fine. Basketball is good. Baseball is making colossal steps forward and they play in a pretty great facility, so to the only conference where that means something; that counts for something, too.

I feel like we HAVE to be a runaway #2. BYU has a better football program. And that's where the $$ is at. But after that - with hoops, market size and the whole enchilada factored in - I'm not really sure where the discussion is...

So i'd agree with the general perception that we'll cut it close if it's two teams. We're a total slam dunk if its four.

Not quite. I'd say we're 75% in if it's 4 though. Memphis will throw huge amounts of money in attempt to buy their way into the Big 12. However, it won't work. They aren't in. Colorado State is the one we have to worry about. They could be a "travel partner" with BYU and apparently their culture fits well in the Big 12. But I think ultimately we will end up in the Big 12 if they expand by 4. We are just too good of a brand and too good of an overall athletic program to have 4 teams in over us.

Reaction Score

No bad seats. Some just a little better.

Reaction Score
More Big 12 Twitter smoke

522 pages and 5219 replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like fans of most other teams, they think UConn has no chance. Cinci, Colorado State, BYU, Memphis, Houston, Boise State, Eastern Carolina and Central Florida all get in before UConn.

Reaction Score
More Big 12 Twitter smoke

522 pages and 5219 replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like fans of most other teams, they think UConn has no chance. Cinci, Colorado State, BYU, Memphis, Houston, Boise State, Eastern Carolina and Central Florida all get in before UConn.

Well that is plain ignorant. Even a fan of a team who is in no way involved with or affected by the proposed CR would know Uconn has more to offer than ECU and UCF. Legit arguments for sure, for BYU and Cincy, but Uconn has alot to offer.

Those guys are chuckleheads.

Reaction Score
They might be chuckleheads buckets but let's hope the powers that be aren't. I just don't have faith in them. To many disappointment 's have sapped my optimism.

Reaction Score
A storied accomplished program like ours has to bend over and beg and plead to get into a power 5 conference? I say NFW, let them politely ask us to grace and enhance their lousy conference for F--sakes! We will bring glory and prestige to any conference that is lucky enough to have us. How does that sound?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A storied accomplished program like ours has to bend over and beg and plead to get into a power 5 conference? I say NFW, let them politely ask us to grace and enhance their lousy conference for F--sakes! We will bring glory and prestige to any conference that is lucky enough to have us. How does that sound?

Well, we could make them get in line with all the other P-5 conferences that are dying to add us.:cool:

Reaction Score
I think one or both of UCF or South Florida gets an invite. It's not about the quality of the program but about the number of television sets that are brought to the party. That is why I think the Big XII wants to get in Florida.

Reaction Score
It'd probably be UCF. Ironically, USF was trying to keep UCF down as long as they could.

Reaction Score
Neither USF or UCF are getting in. Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati are basically locks. The 14th spot is between UConn, Colorado State, and Memphis with UConn in the lead.

Reaction Score
I do not know how aggressive our old AD was because he never said much but I like the way the new guy is at least out there in a public way for us. Since we never know what happens behind the scenes I don't think it's going to hurt.

Reaction Score
I don't think that. I know that. It will all come out within a few weeks.

i hope you're right. Not just because it will obviously help the program, but you'll catch some serious flak, if we don't get that invite.

Reaction Score
It's stupid to talk in definites right now. It's schrodingers big 12

You can act confident and say any one of the potential additions are in, but they aren't in until they announce they're in...or out

Reaction Score
Neither USF or UCF are getting in. Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati are basically locks. The 14th spot is between UConn, Colorado State, and Memphis with UConn in the lead.

This is about right. If you take a visit to our CR board and read all the stories, this is what seems to be the direction things are headed. But being that the Big 12 is being run by people who have no clue, expect anything to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom