Big 12 votes to pursue expansion | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bottom line: if Big 12 expands by 2, we have a chance but absolutely no guarantees. If the Big 12 expands by 4, we're in. Please, please, please expand by 4.
I really think they do 4 now possibly 2 football only 2 full as Texas and Oklahoma have eyes for the PAC/B1G/SEC. In that scenario BYU and maybe BSU as football only UC UConn full. Big 12 commissioner says overall strength of athletic department, fan base, academics, markets, are going to be key factors. UConn has the strongest academics, very strong overall athletics, dominates home market (something no other candidate can say) with penetration into strong markets, and while recent decline in football attendance hurts perception of fan base you'd have to be an idiot not to see how playing a Big12 football schedule puts any attendance issues to rest. We have a lot more to hang our hats on than one or two good football seasons.

Reaction Score
Espn polled B12 coaches for who they wanTed for football. Byu and Houston were tops with cincy, Memphis and csu getting votes...

Let's hope the our other qualities more than make up for it

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's amazing seeing how non-CR obsessed posters discuss CR.

And on the flip side as a non CR obsessed person it's amazing to watch the mental self harm you guys put yourselves through post after post an the CR board. I don't post there but take a peak after a bad day at work to feel better about my bad day.

you guys are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Lucy always pulls it away yet you continue to think the next kick ( read: key tweet) will be different .

I give you credit for the cockeyed optimism, it is entertaining.

Reaction Score
Espn polled B12 coaches for who they wanTed for football. Byu and Houston were tops with cincy, Memphis and csu getting votes...

Reaction Score

Exactly why I'm scared. Everyone says football is where the money's at and that's clearly our weak spot. I think the 4 should be BYU, Houston, UConn, and Cincinnati. BYU and Houston mainly for football. Cincy for basketball and football. UConn for basketball and NYC market.

Reaction Score
And on the flip side as a non CR obsessed person it's amazing to watch the mental self harm you guys put yourselves through post after post an the CR board. I don't post there but take a peak after a bad day at work to feel better about my bad day.

you guys are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Lucy always pulls it away yet you continue to think the next kick ( read: key tweet) will be different .

I give you credit for the cockeyed optimism, it is entertaining.
That forum is a monument to the truly unique experience that is being a UConn fan with regard to CR. No fanbase is/has been going/has gone through what we have given our athletic achievements and outright discrimination our school has felt. No college athletics forum has a CR board that could hold a candle to the activity that happens every day here (if they even have one). Essentially nobody outside our fandom knows or cares about CR, the driving factors, or especially how lucky their school is to be where they are.

Honestly, the boneyard is a leading news source for all things CR. And it has pulled in (for better and worse) fans from other schools all over the country.

Incredibly interesting little corner of the internet it is. It sucks that it exists and in a decade we will cringe about a lot of the discussions that occurred there, but overall as a member I am proud it is a significant part of our message board

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really think they do 4 now possibly 2 football only 2 full as Texas and Oklahoma have eyes for the PAC/B1G/SEC. In that scenario BYU and maybe BSU as football only UC UConn full. Big 12 commissioner says overall strength of athletic department, fan base, academics, markets, are going to be key factors. UConn has the strongest academics, very strong overall athletics, dominates home market (something no other candidate can say) with penetration into strong markets, and while recent decline in football attendance hurts perception of fan base you'd have to be an idiot not to see how playing a Big12 football schedule puts any attendance issues to rest. We have a lot more to hang our hats on than one or two good football seasons.

Why would Texas go anywhere else? Every other conference wants them to give up the Longhorn TV network, and for UT, I would think that would be a non starter? That's their most valuable commodity. Sort of like ND football independence.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Of all of the power conferences, the B12 is the one I least want to join. The ACC is the best fit for us. However, if the offer from the B12 comes, we have to take it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Of all of the power conferences, the B12 is the one I least want to join. The ACC is the best fit for us. However, if the offer from the B12 comes, we have to take it.

ACC ship has sailed with the new network deal I'd think.

Reaction Score

Actually I think the SEC is the worst for us. Big 10 best in my opinion, ACC close second.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Is this really a good league for us from a geographic standpoint or is it sort of an anywhere but where we are situation?

Just where have you been the last few years...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Actually I think the SEC is the worst for us. Big 10 best in my opinion, ACC close second.

Just geographically speaking, the PAC12 would be a disaster for the kids.

Reaction Score
Just where have you been the last few years...
Right here. I think we are a better fit with other conferences geographically but P5 better than AAC. However, CR is not likely to end with the the Big 12. If we end up in the wrong spot, with bad geographical matchups, in a conference that gets raided again we may end up right where we already are.

Reaction Score
We go to Houston Dallas Tulsa Nawlins. That geography ain't nuttin to write home about.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Sounds like the Big 12 is leaning towards expanding to 14. UConn looks to be in good shape. Seems to be UConn, BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati in the lead.
Source? I'm always skeptical of your insight.

Reaction Score
My great uncle's cousin is married to the TCU AD. None of what I'm saying is made up

Seems+legit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69