nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
These names sound like 2K Create-A-Player lmao

KJJOKTS.jpg

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
He was on the roster for the U18 team this past winter but it appears he saw no game action. But it’s a good sign that he was on the Maccabi Rishon L’tzion developmental squad. Both Israelis I spoke with (both also like using hyperbole btw) said he’s like a very raw, shorter Chet Holmgren. That made me smile. And laugh.
Speaking of Holmgren, I hope the ligament damage isn’t serious and he has a speedy recovery.
I can see the comparison!

Reaction Score
We have a lot of interesting lineups we can go with this year, but we don’t have a conventional backup 3.

Are we thinking this guy will actually get (minimal) minutes, or is he a roster filler that hopefully can contribute by years 3-4?

I know nothing about him other than a 2 minute video so might be a dumb question lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We have a lot of interesting lineups we can go with this year, but we don’t have a conventional backup 3.

Are we thinking this guy will actually get (minimal) minutes, or is he a roster filler that hopefully can contribute by years 3-4?

I know nothing about him other than a 2 minute video so might be a dumb question lol
Development guy. Won’t see the floor year 1.

Reaction Score
The thread about some posters being disappointed with who committed versus who we lost.
I think this is such an odd complaint.

Who expected him to reel in recruits the first year he came to a new school with a “character first” recruiting philosophy, especially coming from Louisville lol?

almost everyone the staff has prioritized has come fruition(Justice Williams is the recent exception).
Luke has a great eye for recruits and is talked about throughout college bball as an excellent recruiter.

Also, I blame the HC for players not panning out, not the ACs. So his success with players developing at Louisville while the program turned into a dumpster fire is moot.

Super excited to have him here and this year he’s had some quality recruiting wins.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

How do you define a conventional college 3?

Reaction Score
I have no problem taking a shot at a developmental international guy with this spot
I think this is the perfect take on it, I couldn't agree more.

I think there might be something there. Part of me is like, eh I've coached high school ball for 15 years I've seen a few of him, but he's not that next level.... But, there MIGHT be something there, that's what I'm going with

Reaction Score
I think having 2 developmental guys on a team is ideal every year moving forward, so having Hasson and Ross in those roles for 2023 is going to be nice

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
a scoring frontcourt player, who rebounds better than but handles worse than a backcourt player.

Well, Alleyne would be on the smaller side of being able to do that and Karaban would be on the bigger side. If we are thinking a starting line-up which includes Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo and a mystery 5th, there is a chance of sliding Hawkins over to the three-spot.
Bigger picture is I believe Hurley wants his 2's to be able to play 3 and his smaller 4's to be able to play 3 as well.
The days of needing a conventional SF in college are long gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom