2022 Recruiting: - Yarin Hasson commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Yarin Hasson commits to UConn

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love A-A-Ron, Balakay, Jay-Quellin and my personal favorite, Dee-Nice. And of course Tym-oh-thee.

94c13e26-3873-484c-ae75-88a1e660d29c_text.gif

I could do this all night. Totally forgot about Fudge.

1661393391522.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well, Alleyne would be on the smaller side of being able to do that and Karaban would be on the bigger side. If we are thinking a starting line-up which includes Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo and a mystery 5th, there is a chance of sliding Hawkins over to the three-spot.
Bigger picture is I believe Hurley wants his 2's to be able to play 3 and his smaller 4's to be able to play 3 as well.
The days of needing a conventional SF in college are long gone.
im not sure what all this is in reference to. all i was responding to was a simple, one sentence question that mentioned no names.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was on the roster for the U18 team this past winter but it appears he saw no game action. But it’s a good sign that he was on the Maccabi Rishon L’tzion developmental squad. Both Israelis I spoke with (both also like using hyperbole btw) said he’s like a very raw, shorter Chet Holmgren. That made me smile. And laugh.
Speaking of Holmgren, I hope the ligament damage isn’t serious and he has a speedy recovery.

Hoping he's closer to being a poor man's Chet Holmgren than I am being a poor man's Elon Musk.

Reaction Score
How do you define a conventional college 3?
Not quite a guard, not quite a big, but playing on the wing. I imagine we’ll be playing a decent amount of Hawkins (G), Newton (G), and Karaban (big) at the 3. But I’d say Andre is our only actual 3

“Conventional” wasn’t the right word

Reaction Score
I love A-A-Ron, Balakay, Jay-Quellin and my personal favorite, Dee-Nice. And of course Tym-oh-thee.

94c13e26-3873-484c-ae75-88a1e660d29c_text.gif
Speaking of Jay-Quellin, I recently saw her in a movie , 12 Mighty Orphans. She didn't have a single line. Just multiple closeups cheering on the Orphans.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
im not sure what all this is in reference to. all i was responding to was a simple, one sentence question that mentioned no names.

That's probably because I asked the question to a person who said we don't have a conventional back up at the 3 spot. Then you chose to interject yourself in to the conversation.

We're getting close to fall practices going official. Be a better poster and keep up with these threads.

Reaction Score
I had mentioned months ago that we were looking overseas to fill out part of this class. There was another target we were looking at as well. We had been looking at Yarin for awhile and let's just say there was mutual interest, but it wasn't 100% sure we had a scholarship available for him until just a couple of weeks ago. Looks like everything fell into place nicely with this...this kid is raw but has a huge upside.

Reaction Score
Low-floor, high-ceiling is a good use of the #12 scholarship.

Small chance he contributes, but if so he could be part of the next great team after this core moves on.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’ve never heard of him. The first four times I tried to google him, I got results for an Israeli guitarist.

I have no idea how good he is, but I had never heard of Gavin Edwards either when we snuck him away from Southern Utah.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have no idea how good he is, but I had never heard of Gavin Edwards either when we snuck him away from Southern Utah.
I still remember reading Edwards' HS coach saying he wasn't good enough for the Big East.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I still remember reading Edwards' HS coach saying he wasn't good enough for the Big East.

That was back when we had the magazine…I spoke to his head coach while sitting outside of my daughter’s day care and he basically told me that he had no idea why UConn was recruiting Edwards.

I gathered that there was some animosity there.

Reaction Score
I had mentioned months ago that we were looking overseas to fill out part of this class. There was another target we were looking at as well. We had been looking at Yarin for awhile and let's just say there was mutual interest, but it wasn't 100% sure we had a scholarship available for him until just a couple of weeks ago. Looks like everything fell into place nicely with this...this kid is raw but has a huge upside.
Based on Borges' comments, could this other target still be in play? Seems like maybe we didn't want to officially offer Yarin until we knew we had a scholarship....but wanted to leave one open for a potential Castle re-class. Maybe we confirmed recently that a Castle re-class won't happen so would still have two left, one for Hasson and one for the other foreign target if he wants to come.

Reaction Score
Based on Borges' comments, could this other target still be in play? Seems like maybe we didn't want to officially offer Yarin until we knew we had a scholarship....but wanted to leave one open for a potential Castle re-class. Maybe we confirmed recently that a Castle re-class won't happen so would still have two left, one for Hasson and one for the other foreign target if he wants to come.
Or maybe they were waiting out Middleton/Carr just in case.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Are you still holding out for a Castle reclassification?

Reaction Score
What I like about this besides Yarin's individual skills and potential, is that as a foreign player he learned to play in a different system, a more team oriented system, and so like Henefeld, Sheffer, and Neils Giffey, he may influence our style of play somewhat when he is on the floor because of how he plays the game. It's a nice add to our chemistry.

Reaction Score
Are you still holding out for a Castle reclassification?
No. Re-read my post. Was never "holding out for it". But also, we didn't find out about Karaban reclassing until December I believe. I was never talking about joining in August, but many people on the board talked about him possibly enrolling in January and practicing with the team like Karaban/Akok did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom