2022 Recruiting: - Yarin Hasson commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Yarin Hasson commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Answering my own question that the Denver commitment was listed as 2022. I think this commitment is a perfect fit for that 12th scolly with real developmental potential rather than just being a 'project'. I mentioned Buzelis & Estrada, but also Gapare comes to mind with similar skills and previous speculation that he might have been the 'foreign' player mentioned earlier this summer. Question, did he have to decommit before we got involved, or were we likely pursuing him despite being committed?

It's technically possible that we reached out after his decommitment, but I would be pretty surprised if that was the case.

Reaction Score
Answering my own question that the Denver commitment was listed as 2022. I think this commitment is a perfect fit for that 12th scolly with real developmental potential rather than just being a 'project'. I mentioned Buzelis & Estrada, but also Gapare comes to mind with similar skills and previous speculation that he might have been the 'foreign' player mentioned earlier this summer. Question, did he have to decommit before we got involved, or were we likely pursuing him despite being committed?
He decommitted from Denver 11 days ago so draw what conclusions you will from that piece of info about when we started pursuing him

Reaction Score
Are you saying Hasson has similar skills to Buzelis and Estrada?

Also, did you mean Estrella?

Reaction Score
FYI I noticed on the Israeli U-18 FiBA team - Omer Sheffer 6'4 guard.!! Hmm

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Wow... that's legit interest. I'm thinking he must have had a big spring/summer like some of our recent recruits, because I wasn't seeing that level of play from the video. I love, love, love late-risers.

Could end up being a steal. These euro kids are always so skilled. Just watching that video, the kids have SO MUCH more IQ than prospects in the US, just lacking in the size/athleticism.

Reaction Score
He sure looks better than the other Israeli teens he's playing against. Can't find much info on this guy anywhere. The only two listed offers he has online are Denver and San Francisco, but presumably that's out of date, since it would appear we've also offered.

In either case, it was clear Hurley was in the market for another 3/4, and this appears to be the guy he settled on. Hopefully it's a good fit, especially if he can shoot.
San Francisco is one of the best programs in developing international talent, so seeing the Dons offer Hasson intrigues me.

A note to remember is that international prospects' offer lists are either just one team or even often underreported.

For example, here are a list of international commits from this summer with no other D1 offers listed on Verbal Commits:

• Washington State, Kymany Houinsou
  • Memphis, Ian Granja
  • Michigan, Youssef Khayat
  • UCLA, Abramo Canka
  • Marquette, Ben Gold
Even though I'm keeping my expectations modest, I'm very excited for this signing.

Reaction Score
Wonder if the trip this summer by Ray and the guys to hang with Doron/Nadav helped to open up channels to identify this guy.

SnC program and better comp-player development should really benefit him.. Win/Win for Huskies.. Liking the international exposure/vibe we're trying to re-establish.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love surprise gets. It’s the recruiting equivalent of “shocking the world Boneyard”!

Can’t wait for Yarin Hasson to play alongside Hassan Diarra and see if any play callers trip over their names.

Definitely loving getting players with high bb iqs

Reaction Score
Love surprise gets. It’s the recruiting equivalent of “shocking the world Boneyard”!

Can’t wait for Yarin Hasson to play alongside Hassan Diarra and see if any play callers trip over their names.

Definitely loving getting players with high bb iqs
A little Hasson rebounds, kicks it to Hassan —> a Hassan/Hasson pick & pop would be magic

Reaction Score
Yarin, baruch ha’ba l’UConn! B’hatzlacha!

Funny coincidence… another kid on the Israel U-19 team committed in April to… New Mexico State.

My son goes to basketball camp up at Hobart College that’s run by Yogev Berdugo, who runs an academy in Israel. 2020 Celtics draft pick Yam Madar attended this camp, as do many high level Israeli kids. He will definitely have the skinny on Yarin. I’m going to ask him for some insights.

Reaction Score
Awesome news!

The timing of this brings back memories of the Drummond commit eleven years ago. (not level of recruit, just timing although this kid looks like he has a chance to be a good player).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not making a statement about being as good right now as Estrada and Buzelis, that's unknown. This single video is my only observation of Hasson. I saw Buzelis a bunch here at Brewster and will see Estrella,(oops), and Ball in person as the season gets here, (I've only watched Estrella in Live Stream games and edited clips so far). The video in this thread could have been labeled Buzelis last year when he was more unknown. The skill set is similar, they all shoot the 3, pass to cutters, block shots without being leapers, handle the ball end to end at times, spot up outside, drive to the rim when defenders over commit, have the same body build, same very average athleticism. Estrella is 2" taller and a bit more post, Buzelis 1". To me that seems similar in style and skill as those guys. The Denver Post writeup made essentially the same skill comments from the Denver coaching staff with the added commentary that by some report services he is listed as one of the top European young players. Despite their rankings and isolated spectacular games, neither Buzelis nor Estrella are automatically such dominate players that comparisons are over the top, but, the skills they bring to a team are similar to what the video shows, IMO. No comment on better or equal.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom