2022 Recruiting: - Yarin Hasson commits to UConn | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Yarin Hasson commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Looks like he decommitted from University of Denver on Aug 13th...definitely will be a project but you can't teach 6'9" with a smooth stroke!

I would assume he's our 12th scholarship.

Reaction Score
Happy to have Yarin. Poor Gilead Katz omitted as a previous Israeli UConn player. Like the video. Seems to have the kind of game that Buzelis and Estrada would have brought. No comment from the clip as to whether he can be an equivalent player to what those guys have shown, but he seems to have the same tools, frame, and only 1" to 2" less size. Is it stated whether his Denver commitment was 2022 or 2023 class? Appears to be an excellent addition by the staff IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He sure looks better than the other Israeli teens he's playing against. Can't find much info on this guy anywhere. The only two listed offers he has online are Denver and San Francisco, but presumably that's out of date, since it would appear we've also offered.

In either case, it was clear Hurley was in the market for another 3/4, and this appears to be the guy he settled on. Hopefully it's a good fit, especially if he can shoot.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Article from when he originally committed to Denver

In unrelated news, old friend Lukas Kisunas is playing for Denver this season

Reaction Score
Wow, this came out of nowhere. I always like a good international player though...feel like they're always a bit under the radar and therefore underrated. Wouldn't expect much of a contribution this year but could be an interesting piece as he gains strength.

Reaction Score
Happy to have Yarin. Poor Gilead Katz omitted as a previous Israeli UConn player. Like the video. Seems to have the kind of game that Buzelis and Estrada would have brought. No comment from the clip as to whether he can be an equivalent player to what those guys have shown, but he seems to have the same tools, frame, and only 1" to 2" less size. Is it stated whether his Denver commitment was 2022 or 2023 class? Appears to be an excellent addition by the staff IMO.
Linked article on his original commit to Denver has him a 22 scholie

Reaction Score
Tall shooter. Not much else to see with so little scout. Seems like a pretty low-risk, high-potential commit. I'm good with it.

Reaction Score
Denver commitment article mentioned he would play on the U18 Fiba Israeli team. Did not see him on the roster though for U18 or U20.

Reaction Score
Answering my own question that the Denver commitment was listed as 2022. I think this commitment is a perfect fit for that 12th scolly with real developmental potential rather than just being a 'project'. I mentioned Buzelis & Estrada, but also Gapare comes to mind with similar skills and previous speculation that he might have been the 'foreign' player mentioned earlier this summer. Question, did he have to decommit before we got involved, or were we likely pursuing him despite being committed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom