WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games?

Reaction Score
There is nothing not to like about this. We align with national multi channel distribution network, on FM radio, for more money. In the age of streaming and smart phones, 50000 watts is actually diddly in 'coverage'. Steam engine done been replaced by the aero plane! Nice move by the AD

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
There is nothing not to like about this. We align with national multi channel distribution network, on FM radio, for more money. In the age of streaming and smart phones, 50000 watts is actually diddly in 'coverage'. Steam engine done been replaced by the aero plane! Nice move by the AD
Do we know it's worth financially? Just curious because I haven't seen it listed anywhere yet.

I like the move and as others have stated, if it nets us more money I'm all for it. It's also with a well known brand in FM radio.

Reaction Score
Was talking to a UCONN business development guy over the holidays. He said that this AD was really good and creative at generating revenue, and that it was going to save our bacon in the coming years. Made me feel much better hearing this, knowing that the BE money was drying up.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Shocking on its surface, but the future is not am, so as long as there is a plan to continue to deliver game coverage and coaches shows, then fine. And fresh voices might be good too.

wtic does not come in very well in lower FF county, so no real loss here. Need a local affiate badly and keep up the streaming efforts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
[
What the hell is that? Infowars Lite?
I guess if you have to ask it doesn't matter if you know or not - Sirius does have CNN but I blocked that;)

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
As if the program needed another kick in the a**. ‘TIC carried the games from at least the early/mid 60s(with George Ehrlich and Floyd “Hap” Richards). They ditched the games in the early 80s. I remember Marty Glickman doing them on CRN for a few years, then ‘TIC regained the games in the early 90s.
When it rains it pours.

Reaction Score
That decision already should have been made.

Joe stays.

Bob Joyce stays as the voice of women’s basketball.

It should be that easy.

While he said the existing model will be examined, Steve Honeycomb of iHeart said he already has told his people to look at three broadcast teams. Currently, D’Ambrosio and Wayne Norman do men’s basketball and football, while Joyce and Deb Fiske broadcast the women. It’s not a bad idea to incorporate another voice or two, but what is a bad idea is to wipe out the present talent.

Here’s a scoop: The broadcasters aren’t the problem right now. It’s the product.

Jeff Jacobs: It’s an easy call: Keep D’Ambrosio as the voice of UConn

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This is insane. You couldn’t make up a better plan to dismember a sports program. Next up is SNY

Reaction Score
Word has it AD Dave was trying to direct WTICs daily programming to ones that were favorable to the schools teams. Also that the school was unhappy about the stations lean to the right.

May or may not be something in this morning's JI.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That decision already should have been made.

Joe stays.

Bob Joyce stays as the voice of women’s basketball.

It should be that easy.

While he said the existing model will be examined, Steve Honeycomb of iHeart said he already has told his people to look at three broadcast teams. Currently, D’Ambrosio and Wayne Norman do men’s basketball and football, while Joyce and Deb Fiske broadcast the women. It’s not a bad idea to incorporate another voice or two, but what is a bad idea is to wipe out the present talent.

Here’s a scoop: The broadcasters aren’t the problem right now. It’s the product.

Jeff Jacobs: It’s an easy call: Keep D’Ambrosio as the voice of UConn

For the obtuse amongst us....

Joe D is out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I won’t miss Joe D, the guy before him didn’t deserve to get fired for him after the most iconic call in program history.

Reaction Score
Damn. I go all the way back to George Ehrlich. Media is so fragmented today.
I can even remember Marty Glickman doing a few games on TV.
Was that WTIC P5 comment a shot at Benedict?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure this is more TIC's problem than UConn's.
would'nt be too sure about that. Figure that a lot of this is schools fault. TIC sees the writting on the wall. Football; abysmal, mens basketball; same, the only thing still good is girls, and that's not generating enough revenue.

Reaction Score
Do we know it's for more money?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom