WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games?

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. I was trying to stream the WTIC broadcast of a football game this fall while raking leaves and every link from the site led me to a few different apps which I downloaded and tried and when I clicked on WTIC it went to a national CBS CFB talk show. No game. So not all games were accessible via streaming on a smart phone.

You needed to go to the UConn IMG Sports Radio “station” on the TuneIn App... can’t get to game through WTIC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I do hope that this somehow leads to the increase of 97.9 signal. Would try and listen to MNF games on my way back from late shift few years back and couldn't make it from West Hartford to Plantsville without losing the signal around Plainville.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You needed to go to the UConn IMG Sports Radio “station” on the TuneIn App... can’t get to game through WTIC.
Thx. So I guess this won't change in the future as we are still with IMG? Will need to make sure I bookmark this for the fall!

Reaction Score
NOW if TIC would get rid of the mumbler 80 yr old Trumpette Ray Dunaway. He’s a joke. WTIC preset delete. Dunaway, Rush And Hannity make me want to vomit.
WTIC reports - You decide

Reaction Score
I live in Bangor, Maine. And at night, I can listen to the games on the radio with WTIC. It is rare, that I need to, but that option will be now gone for me...and I actually like Joe D. I am so used to him, but life will move on.

Reaction Score
Fair enough and I'm not as young and saavy as I once was with apps. So it's likely out there. Just was odd that the link on the actual WTIC site made me download an app and then when clicking on the station it wasn't what was actually on WTIC.

Assuming with new deal iHeart radio app will carry games or be the app to use.
WTICs web presence is a mess so I'm not surprised it was hard to find. iHeart should be better

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I live in Bangor, Maine. And at night, I can listen to the games on the radio with WTIC. It is rare, that I need to, but that option will be now gone for me...and I actually like Joe D. I am so used to him, but life will move on.
Did John Madden and Pat Summerall stay with CBS when FOX got the NFC half of the NFL TV contract?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I could listen to the Whalers in my car when I lived in Raleigh after sundown.
Tom Yawkee used to listen to Sox games on WTIC when he was in South Carolina.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What's wrong with you folks? No - it's KO's fault postings yet????
Grew up in the early 60's listening to all the away games with the transistor in my ears - those URI scraps with Art Stepheson!!!
WTIC is the voice of the Huskies
But the P5 crap bites UConn again
Let's hope Joe D gets the gig on the new station - love him or hate him he is the current voice of UConn sports
Now I will never listen to WTIC again
oh well...........

It's Ollie's fault.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I've won a shat ton of UCONN and concert tickets on 1080 over the years.

Dead & Co. for the June Hartford show this summer is my most recent score.

The talk shows are so conservative tinged now its silly.
All I can envision are scared old white people tuned to the radio to lap up their 6 am - 7 pm salt lick of right wing propaganda.

Oh well.
I'll still listen to the games when I'm in the car no matter what station they are on.
WTIC 1080 is near dead to me now.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
WTICs web presence is a mess so I'm not surprised it was hard to find. iHeart should be better

You actually could never listen to the games on WTIC's streaming format because it was IMG Sports property. You had to download some sort of radio app and then go through the UConn IMG station. I would imagine that won't change at all moving forward despite the station change.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. I was trying to stream the WTIC broadcast of a football game this fall while raking leaves and every link from the site led me to a few different apps which I downloaded and tried and when I clicked on WTIC it went to a national CBS CFB talk show. No game. So not all games were accessible via streaming on a smart phone.

They are all stream-able on Tune In - that's who IMG has their streaming deal with. That's not WTIC's fault.

Reaction Score
Fair enough and I'm not as young and saavy as I once was with apps. So it's likely out there. Just was odd that the link on the actual WTIC site made me download an app and then when clicking on the station it wasn't what was actually on WTIC.

Assuming with new deal iHeart radio app will carry games or be the app to use.

Still might be Tune-In - that's up to IMG, not iHeart or the school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom