WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WTIC1080 no longer broadcasting UConn games?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even though the demographics of people who listen to AM radio are probably in a downward spiral due to dying off of old age, the optics here are pretty sucky.

And TIC now has a completely unlistenable lineup. Except for the tag sale.

Love the tag sale.

And the guys who fix computers on the phone.

Reaction Score
With attendance down and lack of interest in UConn bball recently, I wonder how many people are still listening to UConn games on WTIC, anyway. This is 2018.

I listened just last week. In Buffalo.

I was driving.

Got 1080 over the air.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Every elderly person in CT is selling a dining room set and collectible figurines. And a barely used set of snow tires for a 1974 Dodge Dart.

The tires are so old that they'll probably turn to dust as soon as you hit 15 mph, but they're hardly used!

Reaction Score
IMG wanted a good deal and Entercom said no so they found a new partner. Makes business sense. And, sports has been transitioning to FM stations for years as you can get much better sound quality. In Boston, the radio flagships for the Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots have all transitioned to FM stations.

And, some radio stations use live sports to drive more listeners their way. For example, I'm not sure if it is still true, but WEEI in Boston lost money on Red Sox games, but they gave the station sports radio cred.

I listen on satellite radio anyway.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clark is very interesting to listen too - love the common sense tips. Everything else is schlock though. Definitely not the station I grew up with anymore.

Next time you need to reinstall windows on a desktop you’ll be glad there is a saturday morning show dedicated to that one simple task.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure this is more TIC's problem than UConn's.
Almost assuredly they will go with a syndicated program which is the trend. Let's face it, Newspapers followed by radio are dying media formats.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What's wrong with you folks? No - it's KO's fault postings yet????
Grew up in the early 60's listening to all the away games with the transistor in my ears - those URI scraps with Art Stepheson!!!
WTIC is the voice of the Huskies
But the P5 crap bites UConn again
Let's hope Joe D gets the gig on the new station - love him or hate him he is the current voice of UConn sports
Now I will never listen to WTIC again
oh well.........................................

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I can handle the switch to 97.9, but they need to keep the same crew. If they change that up, they're tone deaf

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Grew up in the early 60's listening to all the away games with the transistor in my ears - those URI scraps with Art Stepheson!!!
Let's hope Joe D gets the gig on the new station - love him or hate him he is the current voice of UConn sports
oh well...........
You don't listen to Rush?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
oh well...........
UConn seems to be JoeD's only beat and he has done some fill in/weekend stuff for ESPN in the past. I cannot imagine he will not follow the program.

Notice he referenced @WTIC1080 only. He did not say,"I."

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Do you have a smart phone? Then you can get any radio station you want
Not entirely true. I was trying to stream the WTIC broadcast of a football game this fall while raking leaves and every link from the site led me to a few different apps which I downloaded and tried and when I clicked on WTIC it went to a national CBS CFB talk show. No game. So not all games were accessible via streaming on a smart phone.

Reaction Score
Not entirely true. I was trying to stream the WTIC broadcast of a football game this fall while raking leaves and every link from the site led me to a few different apps which I downloaded and tried and when I clicked on WTIC it went to a national CBS CFB talk show. No game. So not all games were accessible via streaming on a smart phone.
It takes some digging but I've never not found a game. I also haven't tried to find all of them so who knows

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
From the Women's board:
I think IMG has the rights and WTIC was carrying their broadcast. When you use TuneIn, it's IMG you have to look for, not WTIC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It takes some digging but I've never not found a game. I also haven't tried to find all of them so who knows
Fair enough and I'm not as young and saavy as I once was with apps. So it's likely out there. Just was odd that the link on the actual WTIC site made me download an app and then when clicking on the station it wasn't what was actually on WTIC.

Assuming with new deal iHeart radio app will carry games or be the app to use.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom