Wolf arrested/suspended? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wolf arrested/suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Absolutely. If he is not a citizen, which I expect he is not, certain charges, if pled to or convicted of, will result in deportation.
It would be extremely unusual for that to happen.

Give the girlfriend a couple days.

The Wolf will run the floor again. Bank on it.
I, for one, am glad we have Saul Goodman on the case!

Seriously, very unfortunate news. I was hoping that Wolf would start hitting those foul line jumpers against the 'Cuse zone. I think many are being reflexively way too harsh on Enosch, particularly since the judicial and administrative process is just beginning. Realistically though, there is not that much time left in the season, so if the suspension stays in place until the issue is decided (as Coach Ollie has stated), Wolf is likely done for the season.

Huge uphill battle for the remaining Huskies. At least Leon and Phil will get plenty of playing time, which should help in their development. I think the overtime lineup against Providence may become more commonly seen...yikes!
TO will really need to avoid the dumb fouls and it may actually benefit him to have to quit trying for blocked shots.

Reaction Score
Ill wait for the details to come out basketball wise he needs to be on an indefinete suspension, it was selfish of him to be out control like he was (if found true). Im dissapointed in him he finally gets an opportunity here to do something and throws it all away by just being stupid. Im sure he was hammered.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've read most of this thread and it scares me that people are speculating before there are some real facts (compare to the Sandyhook event when we were told he killed his family in NJ, his mother was a teacher at the school, his GF was missing etc.) There is simply not enough known to start making speculation about things like kick him off the team, deport him, etc. Hold up on judgement for a few days.

That being said, IF there is something really bad here, it couldn't happen at a better time (I read some post that said it couldn't happen at a worse time - that's just someone reacting to bad news. It always seems like the worst time if you live in a bubble). There is nothing to play for this year and if he happens to be gone, it gives some other kids who will be here for a while a chance to get some minutes - even if they get mauled, it's a learning experience. It gives the staff some information about spots available for future recruiting. The worst possible time would be this time next year when they might be looking to lock up a top 1, 2 or 3 seed in the tourny. IF things are really bad, he needs to pay the price fully.

IF it's not as bad as reports - ie., some claims are not real and things are dismissed as not criminal, or even not as bad as it sounds and things are reduced (hopefully only rightfully) and he learns a lesson about being an adult and he can continue to be a valuable contributor to the team then that's what it is.

The bottom line is there is just way too much speculation and reaction. Let's see what happens on Wednesday when he goes to court before drawing conclusions.

Reaction Score
I've read most of this thread and it scares me that people are speculating before there are some real facts (compare to the Sandyhook event when we were told he killed his family in NJ, his mother was a teacher at the school, his GF was missing etc.) There is simply not enough known to start making speculation about things like kick him off the team, deport him, etc. Hold up on judgement for a few days.

That being said, IF there is something really bad here, it couldn't happen at a better time (I read some post that said it couldn't happen at a worse time - that's just someone reacting to bad news. It always seems like the worst time if you live in a bubble). There is nothing to play for this year and if he happens to be gone, it gives some other kids who will be here for a while a chance to get some minutes - even if they get mauled, it's a learning experience. It gives the staff some information about spots available for future recruiting. The worst possible time would be this time next year when they might be looking to lock up a top 1, 2 or 3 seed in the tourny. IF things are really bad, he needs to pay the price fully.

IF it's not as bad as reports - ie., some claims are not real and things are dismissed as not criminal, or even not as bad as it sounds and things are reduced (hopefully only rightfully) and he learns a lesson about being an adult and he can continue to be a valuable contributor to the team then that's what it is.

The bottom line is there is just way too much speculation and reaction. Let's see what happens on Wednesday when he goes to court before drawing conclusions.

Whoa whoa whoa let's slow down with the reason here

Reaction Score
if im her dad, the first thing i ask is how she could possibly be ok with those sideburns.

you mean these?

Attachments

• hc-uconn-open-practice-1025-20121024-001-1.jpeg
    hc-uconn-open-practice-1025-20121024-001-1.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 47

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am surprised I have to say this, but do NOT post pictures, or personal information about his girl friend.

Reaction Score
Gotta love the Boneyard. Challenge someone with questions and it's a capital offense.

Drunken basketball player charged with a felony at 6 in the morning involving potential violence against a woman and it's a UConn police witch hunt and jokes about the appearance of the spirit squad.

This program can't afford anymore crap like this. If it's true Ollie needs to string him up as an example. Even for just being up and about at 6 am after being up all night he should take the rest of the season off. That's the advantage of a pointless season you get to make examples of your fools.
While all of this was going down today, I was watching Coach Carter. This is a great movie if you havent seen it. Anyways i was watching Samuel L Jackson discipline the out of his team and i was thinking this exactly. KO is all about discipline, brotherhood, and character. What EW did was exactly the opposite of what KO is about. He should not have even been out late at all that night. If theres anything ive gotten out of KOs coaching this year its that he doesnt tolerate undisciplined actions. He will definitely make an example out of Wolf, and I feel like he is bound to clamp down pretty damn hard on the rest of the team. And these guys are going to have to accept that, learn, and grow from it. This is UConn - you leave here as men.

Reaction Score
The women on campus will protest this every remaining home game and they'll be protesters at the away games. Women don't play around with this kind of stuff anymore . He will not play again this year and have to go to counseling before he can play again. He'll burn and learn for this. Its best that its handled /addressed now before he leaves college. The basketball team can use this as an example to prevent it from happening around campus. I had a room mate in college that used to beat his girlfriend regularly. She wore shades around campus and missed classes. My school didn't address the behavior seriously enough. When this reaches the rest of the media he's done.

That sucks. I had coworkers at my last job in similar situations (female). You want to stump the guy, or intervene in some way, but you don't want to make things worse. One such coworker was considering getting her hair cut and donated to Locks For Love. I, and others told her that was a wonderful idea. She did it. Her husband beat her and threatened to kill us and the barber.

Disgusting. There are a lot of sickos out there. Needless to say I don't work there anymore.

Reaction Score
Not sure beating girlfriend regularly and husband threatening to beat his wife and kill some of her co workers and a barber are in line with what went on here. Let's see what the DA finds as legit charges and where it goes from there. A "physical altercation" to me implies both parties acting physical. Does the report suggest that if he had left when instructed by the police he would not have been arrested? "Grabbed her hair and pushed her head", if this is the extent of physical contact not seeing the "comparison to regular girlfriend beaters and wife theatenters."

Reaction Score
Finger wavers? Are you actually defending a seven-footer for smacking a girl around?

Look, I'm all for waiting for all the facts to come out here, but you seem to have made up your mind that either the girl is lying, or the police made this up. If Wolf actually hit this girl, then he's an and deserves much worse than "finger waving."
Ouch!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gotta love the Boneyard. Challenge someone with questions and it's a capital offense.

Drunken basketball player charged with a felony at 6 in the morning involving potential violence against a woman and it's a UConn police witch hunt and jokes about the appearance of the spirit squad.

This program can't afford anymore crap like this. If it's true Ollie needs to string him up as an example. Even for just being up and about at 6 am after being up all night he should take the rest of the season off. That's the advantage of a pointless season you get to make examples of your fools.

Having bailed a person or two out of jail during my days at UConn, I am a little surprised at the low bail. $500 bond is what you would get if you broke a window. According to Whaler, Wolf was smacking this girl around.

And while Whaler knows for certain that Wolf beat the crap out of this girl, Wolf was not actually charged with any kind of assault. I hope Whaler has contacted the police to straighten them out.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hear Enoch dressed in some leiderhausen and caused an avalanche while bellowing, "Ri-col-aaaa!!!!" from hilltop suites. He buried the team bus for the third time and Ollie went off on him. This really sucks, the UCONN fashion police always get their man. Womp womp.

Disclaimer: this is all a joke and therefore should not be taken seriously. If this ends up in the press, however, I take full responsibility and will laugh at the incompetence of sports media.
My brother died today and I thought it would be weeks before I would be able to laugh. Thanks for this post, it helped more than you can ever imagine.

Reaction Score
Having bailed a person or two out of jail during my days at UConn, I am a little surprised at the low bail. $500 bond is what you would get if you broke a window. According to Whaler, Wolf was smacking this girl around.

And while Whaler knows for certain that Wolf beat the crap out of this girl, Wolf was not actually charged with any kind of assault. I hope Whaler has contacted the police to straighten them out.
I know. Like holy mary mother of God. What is it with this place? Everyone's so damn ornery, it's like they got a raccoon up the love canal. I don't have a lot of respect for the campus cops, but even they know what an "assault" is. This is a boyfriend/girlfriend squibble/squabble. Big deal. Wasn't this a nonsurety bond? Nonsurety means, you sign and walk out. No money. Like a promise to appear. Let's relax.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No I have no idea what happened. And you know you willfully misrepresented my post, can't you leave that in the cesspool?

Me? I'd stop the accusations of a police conspiracy combined with the mocking of the physical appearance of the spirit squad, until it was actually shown to not be an issue.

But keep the jokes rolling folks - that's the appropriate response to arrests.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know. Like holy mary mother of God. What is it with this place? Everyone's so damn ornery, it's like they got a raccoon up the love canal. I don't have a lot of respect for the campus cops, but even they know what an "assault" is. This is a boyfriend/girlfriend squibble/squabble. Big deal. Wasn't this a nonsurety bond? Nonsurety means, you sign and walk out. No money. Like a promise to appear. Let's relax.

Particularly interesting that he is, after all, German, and would likely just hop on a plane if this was anything serious.

One thing I will say with absolutely no first or even fourth hand knowledge of the situation, is that the girlfriend has to go. If their relationship is that volatile that this is even a possibility, then they should not be dating. I haven't seen a relationship where it ever got physical once, from either party, that there wasn't the strong potential for it to get physical again.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Whaler accused him of being drunk (actually stated it as though it were an established fact).

For all I know, and for all I can tell from the published reports, I could as easily speculate that Wolf was in bed with his GF and gave her a Dutch Oven and she reacted badly.

Just a few more facts should be in evidence before people start choosing up sides over this.

Reaction Score
Ah, the old Dutch oven defense. I'm surprised it got 8 pages into this thread before that defense was tried. It's like the crane move from The Karate Kid. There's no defense for a defense like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom