Wolf arrested/suspended? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wolf arrested/suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is no bueno for the public image of the program...It will be interesting to see how HCKO handles his first major controversy as it unfolds.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Think I've seen this flick before, called Niles somethin.

biopierce.gif

Reaction Score
What could he have possibly been thinking? And he refused to leave and just waited there? Braindead.

Reaction Score
To everyone wondering why he wasn't asleep at 5:55 AM - classes were canceled today (Monday). He might have just stayed up all night drinking and decided to catch up on sleep during the day, since he wouldn't be in class. Not a good idea, but a lot of college students do it when they don't have class. It was essentially a weekend, and he might have been partying like he would on a Friday or Saturday night.

Of course, all of this is speculation at this point.

Reaction Score
Is there anything that can make a college boy more insane than a college girl?

Well, actually yes, alcohol and a college girl, but you get what I'm saying.

Reaction Score
If it's true, I don't care to see this kid again this year.

Agreed. Not smart. Besides the fact you shouldn't be aggressive with anyone let alone a female in that setting. From a team standpoint that was a selfish move not thinking about the team ramifications at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There will be no publicity. The country is not paying attention to UConn this year.
Gentleman's wager on it?
Perhaps a signature line for until the end of the season? Something along the lines of:
____________ was right. I was wrong.
___________ is smart. I'm stupid.
___________ is the best. I'm the worst.
___________ is very good looking. I'm not very attractive.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's never ok to put your hands on a woman unless your life is on danger. It's not a fair fight (especially in this case when the guy's 7 ft). I hope he is dismissed from the team and frees up a scholarship for next year. I also hope he was on track academically....We just can't tolerate this crap. Since he's a foreigner, I assume he would be deported if convicted?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Man, another Enosch Wolf thread!! Amazing!!!

If the police report becomes the truth then see ya Wolfie. Gotta move on as Coach Ollie has to make his mark and keep UConn above the muck, where as in Syracuse we would all be giggling right now.

An unexpectedly bad situation. In Ollie I trust.

D

Deleted member 3149

really unfortunate that this happens on the same day that Shabazz recieves a vote for POY. Seems as though the same old story of this year is that whenever good news happens, it's cancelled out with something worse. On the bright side, Amida Brimah is coming next year and should be able to fill in his shoes.

D

Deleted member 3149

and also, in our 2 best games of the season, enosch played 10 minutes. (michigan state and ND). We're not in any trouble on a big scale. The only thing that sucks out of this is people giving criticism for having "thug" players

caw

Reaction Score
Indefinite suspension is the correct move for now. Have to see what the end result is.

I am very confused by the allegations in the police report, but the lack of any form of assault being part of the charges.

Obviously, if he assaulted the woman, he should be gone. If he didn't, then maybe he comes back next year.

I'm betting both Wolf and the girl were drunk and the police left assault off until they could speak with them sober.

Were there any witnesses?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, I hope that he is treated fairly based on precedent and not based on our current public relations situation. In no way do I condone putting his hands on a woman aggressively, but I also do not believe that he should be cast out permanently without a fair hearing. Seems like Ben Gordon had a situation that was broadly similar. Let's wait and see and hope that his punishment fits the crime or situation.

Reaction Score
-espn is going to have a field day, uconn pr will do nothing about it
-its actually a good thing he didn't run
-he will not be here next year
What do you think should UConn PR should do with this? It is hard to put a good spin on pulling hair and knocking off glasses.

Reaction Score
Well, I hope that he is treated fairly based on precedent and not based on our current public relations situation. In no way do I condone putting his hands on a woman aggressively, but I also do not believe that he should be cast out permanently without a fair hearing. Seems like Ben Gordon had a situation that was broadly similar. Let's wait and see and hope that his punishment fits the crime or situation.

But the police report didn't say anything about this woman striking Wolf. That was what happened in the Gordon case.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
EXACTLY.

Q. Do we believe everything the UConn Police write on paper? Even in my RA days, I wouldn't.

Not too many ways this ends well for the team.

Reaction Score
Was is it with 7ft German centers playing at UConn?

Anyone remember Marc Suhr? I vaguely recall him assaulting someone over a video game - can't find the story online. Probably happened in '91 - the good old days before the internetz....Can't remember if he got suspended and/or thrown off the team for the altercation.

Reaction Score
really unfortunate that this happens on the same day that Shabazz recieves a vote for POY. Seems as though the same old story of this year is that whenever good news happens, it's cancelled out with something worse. On the bright side, Amida Brimah is coming next year and should be able to fill in his shoes.

Mikey, you have pic's of one German kid next to some nice apples but you weren't there for this so we could have some insight? Geez

Reaction Score
He was just upset Niels didn't invite him to Apples to Apples night. I feel like this is as much on the rest of the team. Who is his roommate? Why was he not stopping him?

Reaction Score
It's never ok to put your hands on a woman unless your life is on danger. It's not a fair fight (especially in this case when the guy's 7 ft).
Are you saying that no woman is large enough to hold her own?
Have you considered that he may have been dating one of our spirit squad cheerleaders?

Too soon?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
WHY CAN'T WE GET ANOTHER ALL AMERICAN BIG MAN THAT HAS AN ECONOMICS DEGREE IN 3 YEARS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom