Wolf arrested/suspended? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Wolf arrested/suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Not sure beating girlfriend regularly and husband threatening to beat his wife and kill some of her co workers and a barber are in line with what went on here. Let's see what the DA finds as legit charges and where it goes from there. A "physical altercation" to me implies both parties acting physical. Does the report suggest that if he had left when instructed by the police he would not have been arrested? "Grabbed her hair and pushed her head", if this is the extent of physical contact not seeing the "comparison to regular girlfriend beaters and wife theatenters."

Look at you using good ol' logic , reasoning and intelligence. The problem is you forgot to factor in the local and national Uconn hatred . The hatred could make a young man that made a mistake look like a 7 foot , German Ike Turner.

Reaction Score
How far back in this thread do I have to scroll to find out what actually went on?

Reaction Score
Not sure beating girlfriend regularly and husband threatening to beat his wife and kill some of her co workers and a barber are in line with what went on here. Let's see what the DA finds as legit charges and where it goes from there. A "physical altercation" to me implies both parties acting physical. Does the report suggest that if he had left when instructed by the police he would not have been arrested? "Grabbed her hair and pushed her head", if this is the extent of physical contact not seeing the "comparison to regular girlfriend beaters and wife theatenters."
Of course if a 7-1, 250 pound guy did that to your daughter, no doubt you'd have the same attitude...If it were one of mine, I'll tell you that I'd be demanding that he be prosecuted to the max and that he keep away from her forever. Look, I get fighting with your girlfriend. Over the years my wife and I have had more than a few doozies, as I'm sure most couples have. But I can say that I've never struck her. Back in the day, we used to believe that only a coward or a piece of scum strikes a woman. But I guess if you're a basketball player its ok. I had hoped that this part of the Calhoun legacy was finally over. Since this team didn't seem to have too many of the win at all costs types--they all left--we'd be able to keep out of the police blotter. Guess not. I give Ollie credit for booting the guy though. I think this program, given all the baggage of the past few years, the impacts of which we're still living with, needs to take a zero tolerance approach on this kind of crap. Unless he is completely exonerated, and none of this pleading guilty to spitting on the sidewalk crap, the only thing he deserves from the UConn basketball program is a bus ticket to Newark Airport and a Lufthansa schedule.

Reaction Score
My brother died today and I thought it would be weeks before I would be able to laugh. Thanks for this post, it helped more than you can ever imagine.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Joober. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Know that us 'Yarders are here for you. Hopefully, we can give some more laughs in this time of need.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. My brother was 7 years younger than me and I was always the one who was protecting him when we were kids and in some ways even as an adult. It was one of the most helpless and hopeless feelings in the world not being able to save him after he had an aneurysm and all I could do was sit back and watch others try to revive him.
To Freescooter, you have my deepest condolences as well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Reaction Score
I am sure they talk to the kids about the evils of gambling every year. They should
add a session on physical abuse in relationships. Don't have to go too far back in time to
UVA where a life was needlessly taken and another one ruined. Huguely never in a million years
meant to kill Love, but that is what happened. Alcohol fuels so much of this. Maybe they can use that
tragedy as a teaching tool, if only to tell the kids that when things start spinning too fast, don't even think about
it, remove yourself. And by writing this I am not impugning Wolf at all because I don't know what happened.
But scenes like this seem to occur to frequently. It does no harm trying to get ahead of the curve.

Reaction Score
Of course if a 7-1, 250 pound guy did that to your daughter, no doubt you'd have the same attitude...If it were one of mine, I'll tell you that I'd be demanding that he be prosecuted to the max and that he keep away from her forever. Look, I get fighting with your girlfriend. Over the years my wife and I have had more than a few doozies, as I'm sure most couples have. But I can say that I've never struck her. Back in the day, we used to believe that only a coward or a piece of scum strikes a woman. But I guess if you're a basketball player its ok. I had hoped that this part of the Calhoun legacy was finally over. Since this team didn't seem to have too many of the win at all costs types--they all left--we'd be able to keep out of the police blotter. Guess not. I give Ollie credit for booting the guy though. I think this program, given all the baggage of the past few years, the impacts of which we're still living with, needs to take a zero tolerance approach on this kind of crap. Unless he is completely exonerated, and none of this pleading guilty to spitting on the sidewalk crap, the only thing he deserves from the UConn basketball program is a bus ticket to Newark Airport and a Lufthansa schedule.

Did exactly what? Who are you to demand prosecuting anyone to the max, didn't realize the legal system relied on related parties to determine how to prosecute. Guess on day one of the Duke lacross case if one of those chicks was your daughter you would have been demanding the max on them also?

Not sure how big or in shape your wife is, but what if she started kicking you; you just stand there and take one in the nuts or do you "reach out your hand and grab her hair and touch her head" to keep her from getting a good aim at your jewels.

Reaction Score
Did exactly what? Who are you to demand prosecuting anyone to the max, didn't realize the legal system relied on related parties to determine how to prosecute. Guess on day one of the Duke lacross case if one of those chicks was your daughter you would have been demanding the max on them also?

Not sure how big or in shape your wife is, but what if she started kicking you; you just stand there and take one in the nuts or do you "reach out your hand and grab her hair and touch her head" to keep her from getting a good aim at your jewels.
Started muscling around a woman. That's "did what." You read this nonsense and then people wonder why players act like as. Sure,the police lied because you know,they have it in for basketball players. From one report,they told him to leave 3 times. His response? he grabs and pushes the woman in question! And you're ok with that. Gotta make an excuse because we're not too deep in the big man department. Oy!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Started muscling around a woman. That's "did what." You read this nonsense and then people wonder why players act like as. Sure,the police lied because you know,they have it in for basketball players. From one report,they told him to leave 3 times. His response? he grabs and pushes the woman in question! And you're ok with that. Gotta make an excuse because we're not too deep in the big man department. Oy!

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see a report that he grabbed her hair after being told by police to leave. Where did you see this? I think that the decisions need to be made by people with the total available evidence to be able to put the situation into context so that the judgment makes sense. It is very easy to get a distorted picture of an event. Perhaps Wolf will be found to warrant expulsion....I just don't want that to be determined by a mob mentality. I certainly do not want any favoritism for him as a basketball player, but the reverse can also be a danger.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gentleman's wager on it?
Perhaps a signature line for until the end of the season? Something along the lines of:
____________ was right. I was wrong.
___________ is smart. I'm stupid.
___________ is the best. I'm the worst.
___________ is very good looking. I'm not very attractive.
Upstater, please tell me you agreed to this wager, since Wolf made the front page on ESPN.

Reaction Score
My brother died today and I thought it would be weeks before I would be able to laugh. Thanks for this post, it helped more than you can ever imagine.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
This is no bueno for the public image of the program...It will be interesting to see how HCKO handles his first major controversy as it unfolds.
If I'm remembering this right, & I may not be, wasn't Rudy Johnson involved in some kind of an incident with his girlfriend when he & KO were students here? Help me jog my memory, peeps! Not saying that one has anything to do with the other, or that it will influence KO's decision, whatever that may be.

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. My brother was 7 years younger than me and I was always the one who was protecting him when we were kids and in some ways even as an adult. It was one of the most helpless and hopeless feelings in the world not being able to save him after he had an aneurysm and all I could do was sit back and watch others try to revive him.
To Freescooter, you have my deepest condolences as well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
When something like this happens all of our differences over sports and even this Wolf incident just seem to fade away. Deepest sympathy.

Reaction Score
When something like this happens all of our differences over sports and even this Wolf incident just seem to fade away. Deepest sympathy.
I agree with you. Arguing sports is fun. Losing a family member is very difficult.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but I did not see a report that he grabbed her hair after being told by police to leave. Where did you see this? I think that the decisions need to be made by people with the total available evidence to be able to put the situation into context so that the judgment makes sense. It is very easy to get a distorted picture of an event. Perhaps Wolf will be found to warrant expulsion....I just don't want that to be determined by a mob mentality. I certainly do not want any favoritism for him as a basketball player, but the reverse can also be a danger.
Based on your question I went back and re-read the report, and I have to say it is very unclear, in how it is written, exactly what happened when. Though it still sounds like the police asked him to leave and only when he didn't did they arrest him. The wording from the police report is below. It is not that clear, I concede. But as a practice in domestic disputes the police arrest both parties. That didn't happen here as it did with McCombs last fall. That would lead one to believe that Wolf was clearly the one being an balloon knot

Police report as quoted in the Hartford Courant:
"Officers discovered that Enosch Wolf had been in a physical altercation with a female resident of the building. Wolf refused to leave the apartment when he was asked to and grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. Wolf also knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand. Wolf continued to remain in the apartment and was subsequently arrested by police."

Reactions: SJ

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BTW, my prediction is that Wolf will never play another game at UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My heart goes out to you! That's just plain sad. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family as well. Now he's watching over you!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
joober, having just gone through a similar experience a few weeks ago, I feel for you and wish you and yours peace.
Sorry for your loss. I'll debate you on your position but not about this. Thoughts and prayers to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom