WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As we know, Gabby’s mother is from France. The French National Team is a priority for Gabby, and she earned a Bronze Medal in the 2020/21 Olympics with them. Given the (unfortunate) Prioritization Rule, it makes sense that Gabby has chosen the French team.

Folks who saw the NY Liberty games this season should have a sense of how good Marine Johannes is. I expect that the French may add a sharpshooter from Fairfield/UConn. That could affect Lou’s availability for the W next season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So a few months ago I noticed Mohegan Sun was offering a room on 9/17 for under $100 so I made a reservation, thinking I'll cancel if something comes up. Turns out the Sun has a playoff game that day and they are offering me free tickets. I love Dorka and Napheesa but Let's Go Sun!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As we know, Gabby’s mother is from France. The French National Team is a priority for Gabby, and she earned a Bronze Medal in the 2020/21 Olympics with them. Given the (unfortunate) Prioritization Rule, it makes sense that Gabby has chosen the French team.

Folks who saw the NY Liberty games this season should have a sense of how good Marine Johannes is. I expect that the French may add a sharpshooter from Fairfield/UConn. That could affect Lou’s availability for the W next season.
Hopefully she's come back/rehabbing well from her injury, which kept her out of the WNBA this year. Has Lou played on the senior French National Team?

Let's say she does make the French team. Amazing to think she may not play her rookie season until 2025 if she forgoes the WNBA next season.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Her Hoop Stats' predictions for the upcoming first round of playoffs.
No real surprises (Elena Della Donne could be trouble, Dallas is only 1-11 when Arike shoots under 35% from field), but still not a bad primer.

Reaction Score
Taurasi, Griner want to return to Mercury in 2024. Both endorse Blue as coach.

Guessing 2024 will surpass lost total in 2023.
Good that Coach Blue has the backing of the cornerstones of the franchise but I am curious as to the rest of the Mercury roster. They have, like the rest of the W, an interesting blend of talent. No way, Skylar plays for Phoenix unless they get Tony Robbins, T.D. Jakes, and Joel Osteen in to offer some prayers and some top shelf holy water!

Reaction Score
Her Hoop Stats' predictions for the upcoming first round of playoffs.
No real surprises (Elena Della Donne could be trouble, Dallas is only 1-11 when Arike shoots under 35% from field), but still not a bad primer.

I remember last year and how I was all favor of keeping the elimination games. This year, the way the season has played out, I am so glad that the W did away with the elimination games. The First round has some interesting matchups, and I cannot wait to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully she's come back/rehabbing well from her injury, which kept her out of the WNBA this year. Has Lou played on the senior French National Team?

Let's say she does make the French team. Amazing to think she may not play her rookie season until 2025 if she forgoes the WNBA next season.

Lou has not been on the French team. I think she was very much under the radar at Fairfield, but not any more.

Reaction Score

Prioritization rules don't apply to players in their first three years. So she could play next year if she wants.

Reaction Score
AP awards:

Wow. One vote? Holy smokes. This could be the a sign for the MVP. Huge shoutout to the Rookie Squad: Dorka, Diamond, Haley, Grace, and Jordan. I figured they would in the running.

Reaction Score
Wow. One vote? Holy smokes. This could be the a sign for the MVP. Huge shoutout to the Rookie Squad: Dorka, Diamond, Haley, Grace, and Jordan. I figured they would in the running.

I'm in agreement with you, however this blogger seems to have an issue with Berger and Jones being chosen. Her suggestions for those who should have been considered instead has me scratching my head though. While I get Siegrist (to an extent) I'm not sure about Cooke or Meng.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Prioritization rules don't apply to players in their first three years. So she could play next year if she wants.
Thanks. I was focusing more on the "..if she wants" aspect of the equation.

Reaction Score
The Sporting News goes A’ja for POY.
Also AT for DPOY, Boston for ROY, and White for COY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Sporting News goes A’ja for POY.
Also AT for DPOY, Boston for ROY, and White for COY.

A'ja and Stewie are very even. This makes sense. Last year, Stewie was the AP POY and A'ja was the MVP. I think either one of them or Alyssa Thomas could be the WNBA MVP.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A'ja and Stewie are very even. This makes sense. Last year, Stewie was the AP POY and A'ja was the MVP. I think either one of them or Alyssa Thomas could be the WNBA MVP.
A'ja and Stewie have both had really good seasons. Nobody's ever had a season like Alyssa's, though.

There isn't a wrong answer, but I give the nod to the power forward who set a single-season record for assists, led the league in rebounding. Came damn close to leading in per-game rebounds and assists, all while playing really good defense, usually giving up 2-3 inches to her mark.

Reaction Score
A'ja and Stewie have both had really good seasons. Nobody's ever had a season like Alyssa's, though.

There isn't a wrong answer, but I give the nod to the power forward who set a single-season record for assists, led the league in rebounding. Came damn close to leading in per-game rebounds and assists, all while playing really good defense, usually giving up 2-3 inches to her mark
If I were a voter I'd say Alyssa should be MVP. Stewie and Aja are no doubt incredible but AT had unreal numbers and was the glue for a better than expected Sun team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom