WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA—Declaring for the 2023 Draft

Reaction Score
If Kitley isn't pro ready now, is 1 more year going to make any difference? She's been a very good college player for several years, I just don't see her adding much to her game she doesn't already have. Either she's good enough for the WNBA or she isn't, a 5th year isn't going to move the needle much.
That could be true with the WNBA I don't know, I would consider her a 50/50 prospect there, but it is possible she could make more money with NIL deals at a famous program in a 5th year, and many players about her level have long foreign careers even if they don't make the WNBA.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If Kitley isn't pro ready now, is 1 more year going to make any difference? She's been a very good college player for several years, I just don't see her adding much to her game she doesn't already have. Either she's good enough for the WNBA or she isn't, a 5th year isn't going to move the needle much.
If you are replying to my post about Kitley transferring to UConn (to have another year to prepare for pro basketball), please be aware that I was being sarcastic (thus the :rolleyes:). As much as I would like it to happen, I believe there's a proverbial snowball's chance of it happening.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Looks like Kitley is back. I agree though, I'm not sure she how she gets better. I thought she was for sure a first round pick so I was a bit surprised.
Is Amoore coming back, too?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Amoore is a junior, I believe. So, she should be back.
Thanks. I should've gone over to the Va. Tech roster game, but was watching the referees take center stage at the National Championship Game.

That said, looks like King could come back if she wanted: she's very tight with Kitley, as well, so maybe yes? Traylor was at Purdue prior to this and can't gauge if she has one more year of if this is it. Owusu appears to be gone...somewhere.
And Taylor Soule, who did make a solid impact as a transfer, is out of years.

We'll if Coach Brooks has a transfer coming in to augment this group of it there's someone on the bench who will move up or a super frosh.

Reaction Score
Looks like Kitley is back. I agree though, I'm not sure she how she gets better. I thought she was for sure a first round pick so I was a bit surprised.

I don't think she gets better or improves her stock either, but she's so close with Georgia and really having a chance to cement her legacy as the best player in VT history, plus a bit of NIL money and a free year of a Masters degree, makes it worth it. WNBA for a player like that might only be a year or two, who knows. Europe will likely be there regardless.

Her autistic sister was also very close with the team and coaching staff and I'm sure that might have been a factor. Raven commented "hardest secret I've ever kept" on Liz's post, so it sounds like this decision had been made at least in the Kitley family for some time.

VT needs King to come back and one or two impact transfer portal players (or emergency of a player like Charlise Dunn or Carleigh Wenzel, or someone from their talented freshman class), but it's not impossible to see them as a F4 contender.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think she gets better or improves her stock either, but she's so close with Georgia and really having a chance to cement her legacy as the best player in VT

history, plus a bit of NIL money and a free year of a Masters degree, makes it worth it. WNBA for a player like that might only be a year or two, who knows. Europe will likely be there regardless.

Her autistic sister was also very close with the team and coaching staff and I'm sure that might have been a factor. Raven commented "hardest secret I've ever kept" on Liz's post, so it sounds like this decision had been made at least in the Kitley family for some time.

VT needs King to come back and one or two impact transfer portal players (or emergency of a player like Charlise Dunn or Carleigh Wenzel, or someone from their talented freshman class), but it's not impossible to see them as a F4 contender.

VPI will be solid next year. I can see them challenging for second place in the ACC central pod.

Reaction Score
I don't think she gets better or improves her stock either, but she's so close with Georgia and really having a chance to cement her legacy as the best player in VT history, plus a bit of NIL money and a free year of a Masters degree, makes it worth it. WNBA for a player like that might only be a year or two, who knows. Europe will likely be there regardless.

Good points! Couldn't have been put better. At the end of the day why not spend more time in college (i miss campus\student life sometimes), potentially get a degree and play for a coach and teammates I really like. As you said, playing overseas and in the WNBA can happen in the future, but playing in college with Amoore and building her Hokie legacy does have a time limit. I do think the ACC is tough, and Traylor and Soule were as good of role players as you can get.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think I've read that Kitley has dreams of going to Med School, so not sure how long she would plan to be a pro player. She could do like Dr Allison Bales, and play for several years then quit to go to med school... or do a Elizabeth Williams.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think I've read that Kitley has dreams of going to Med School, so not sure how long she would plan to be a pro player. She could do like Dr Allison Bales, and play for several years then quit to go to med school... or do a Elizabeth Williams.
Does VPI have a good medical school for humans? I know first hand that their Veterinary School and Hospital (for large animals) is outstanding!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does VPI have a good medical school for humans? I know first hand that their Veterinary School and Hospital (for large animals) is outstanding!!!

I'm not sure, but I think they have a medical school in Roanoke.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Alexis Morris on any draft boards.
She should be considered after her tournament run & final four MOP worthy performance. If she doesn’t get drafted, I bet she gets a training camp invite.

Next year’s draft class is going to be loaded. It’s unfortunate that the WNBA only has 12 teams & limited roster spots smh.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Has Amihere from SoCar officially declared for the draft? Hasn’t her window (along with her eligible teammates) to declare expired?

Reaction Score
Has Amihere from SoCar officially declared for the draft? Hasn’t her window to declare expired?
I’ve been wondering the same about Brea and Zia as well. I believe players who didn’t post about their return are assumed to be entering the draft.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Has Amihere from SoCar officially declared for the draft? Hasn’t her window to declare expired?
I’ve been wondering the same about Brea and Zia as well. I believe players who didn’t post about their return are assumed to be entering the draft.
Yes, the SC/VA Tech window was thru yesterday, however, it looks like some players are waiting a bit to post their decisions, and I'm wondering if the WNBA is waiting until after the 48 hr window for the LSU/IA players before releasing the entire list.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
True but they have to officially declare for the draft.

Reaction Score
Yes, the SC/VA Tech window was thru yesterday, however, it looks like some players are waiting a bit to post their decisions, and I'm wondering if the WNBA is waiting until after the 48 hr window for the LSU/IA players before releasing the entire list.
I’m not sure if there’s anyone on either team whose decision isn’t public yet.

For Iowa, Martin and Marshall are coming back, Warnock and Czinano aren’t, Clark isn’t eligible.

For LSU, Williams and Carson have exhausted eligibility, Morris is probably gone, Reese, Flau’jae and Poole will be back next year.

Reaction Score
Is Reese eligible to go pro? If she is I don't think her draft value will ever be higher than it is right now..........

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Is Reese eligible to go pro? If she is I don't think her draft value will ever be higher than it is right now..........
Doubt it. Angel Reese was born on May 6, 2002, in Randallstown, Maryland, in the United States, according to one bio, so she's not 22.
And, I'm guessing she's a sophomore who has taken a bunch more courses over summer school, but still hasn't graduated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom